997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help me spec a '09 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:16 PM
prodigue is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adias
If you go silver I suggest Arctic Silver (always a classic no matter how popular) or Meteor. GT Silver is overpriced IMO.

If you want a short shifter go OEM. Make sure you really want it.

I recommend SC, if not for Sport PSM mappings.

I also recommend LSD, Bluetooth and the audio options (iPod).
Is the LSD really worth it? How would it transform the car's drive in corners?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:19 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
I am not sure they will, I sat in the sales managers office on the phone with a guy at PCNA about devated stitching and talk about a confusing mess...I gave up and the pricing was out of this world. I am not too sure Porsche will stitch the E-Brake and the leather boot of the 6speed.

These types of questions get raised on the Turbo forum very often . since I bought my car off the lot I took the options it had . The guy who knows the details of how to order and spec a car inside out is Jason (Atomic 80) . I believe that I saw someone get the stitching on the boot posted in that forum but am not sure . It might be a good place to ask though.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:21 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigue
Is the LSD really worth it? How would it transform the car's drive in corners?
The LSD is probably the best performance option. It will give better traction charging out of turns and far better stability under braking.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by adias
The LSD is probably the best performance option. It will give better traction charging out of turns and far better stability under braking.
The Porsche options list is certainly scary.

Another thing.. how do you guys deal with the very muted exhaust on the 2009 C2S? I was disappointed when I heard what kind of noise it made.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:34 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !

Another thing.. how do you guys deal with the very muted exhaust on the 2009 C2S? I was disappointed when I heard what kind of noise it made.
After seeing the price of one of the aftermarket solutions I am about ready to visit my local muffler shop and have them cut some of this extensive piping out!

The new 2009 sound HORRIBLE! It is so quiet and has absolutly ZERO sports car sound.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:38 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Prodigue -

1) Definitely get the LSD . Even if you drive it slow and never need it , it will help in resale . But if you do track the car or intend to maxinize performance --it's a great option to have.

2) PSE --Porsche Sport Exhaust gives a factory choice of a full motor sound. It's an option on the 05 - 08 cars . See if its offered for 09 and price it up to some aftermarket .

I had the Tubi on my 07 car and loved it . I have Tubi on my 07 Turbo and love it too.

Here's a clip of what it sounds like on the older model car which got me to stare at this video for days .. then I bought it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMWLpdVrhWU

Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Prodigue -

1) Definitely get the LSD . Even if you drive it slow and never need it , it will help in resale . But if you do track the car or intend to maxinize performance --it's a great option to have.

2) PSE --Porsche Sport Exhaust gives a factory choice of a full motor sound. It's an option on the 05 - 08 cars . See if its offered for 09 and price it up to some aftermarket .

I had the Tubi on my 07 car and loved it . I have Tubi on my 07 Turbo and love it too.

Here's a clip of what it sounds like on the older model car which got me to stare at this video for days .. then I bought it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMWLpdVrhWU
That sound has got my nuts in my mouth. But why was the video listed as Champion F77? Their car?

Old 11-22-2008, 10:08 PM
That sound has got my nuts in my mouth. But why was the video listed as Champion F77? Their car?
Yes --it's their car . I had my car equipped with the airbox , ecu and Tubi exhaust . I did not do the wheels, suspension or aerokit bedcause I traded it in for a Turbo .The F77 is the airbox which is made out of carbon fiber .

I placed the Tubi on my 997tt along with a tremendous amount of engine upgrades bringing it to 700 Hp. The airbox on the Turbo is also made out of carbon fiber . I don't have pictures of my old car's airbox but I do have my Turbo's Werks 1 box . It's pretty cool looking .

Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2008, 10:20 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !

The exhaust note of the 09 is just fine. 911s are not to go around blaring at 30MPH trying to sound like 100MPH. I know true Porschephiles who when buying a used 11 with PSE remove it and reinstall the std exhaust.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Vegasguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lockmk
I took delivery of my new 997S.2 last month. I had stayed away from a lot of the options catalog, in part because my budget allowed me up to $90k and I wanted the best 'base car' for the money.
For the exterior color I really wanted to avoid the cookie-cutter (in the Bay Area, where there are millions of P cars), so I went for the macadamia metallic. Partly it recalls the cool - in my eyes - browns of the classic 70's 911's and, partly, because my wife fell in love with that color. Her opinion counted in the finance department as well... I have not seen another one like it on the road in the year since the color was released and I love its 'stealth' quality.
Options I picked were fairly functional;
PDC to protect the expensive rear from clumsy reversing on my part,
BOSE sound. I listen to a lot of music and audiobooks when driving,
Sport seats. Great shape and confidence inspiring,
Bluetooth and iPod compatibility. Should be standard,
Black dials and de-badged rear, just my minimalist taste,
6-speed manual, the PDK is a great toy, I tried it. However, I want to play with the car as much as possible rather than be passive,
Thicker steering wheel. It just feels more appropriate,

I would have optioned the PSE if it was available, but it's no huge loss.

Michael.
Regarding your statement about the "stealth" quality of your Macadamia P-car. I have the Macadamia '08 C2S. I call mine the "Stealth Fighter." I thought it was interesting that we both think of our cars the same way. I get a lot of compliments on the color. And you're right, I've had mine for 15 months, and have not seen another one like it. Cool!

Last edited by Vegasguy; 11-23-2008 at 12:14 AM. Reason: correction
Old 11-23-2008, 05:25 AM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb

Interior P77 Leather Sport Seats $440.00

Interior Color AP Black Sport Seats $360.00

Exterior Color B4 Carrara White $0.00 or X1 Arctic Silver Metallic $0.00

Exterior 603 Dynamic Cornering Lights $690.00

267 Self Dimming Mirrors $420.00

Performance P17 PASM Sports Suspension Package $950.00

640 Sport Chrono Package Plus $960.00

Interior Aluminum XXZ Footrest in Aluminum Exclusive $250.00

Audio 672 Navigation Module for PCM $2,110.00

619 Bluetooth Interface for Mobile Phone $695.00

680 BOSE High End Sound Package $1,440.00

870 Universal Audio Interface $440.00

* I'd get PSE 2/09+ build [$2,500?]

* I'd prefer PDK $4,080.00

Old 11-23-2008, 06:54 AM
Ridleyguy is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Prodigue, selecting options is an exciting but difficult process because of all the choices with a 911. IMHO after the model selection, color is the next most important decision, and this is a personal choice. From your post it looks like you want your car to stand out, i.e. not traditional Black on Black or Arctic Silver on Black. I would try and see the color combinations in person, if possible, before ordering - particularly the new Aqua Blue.

Apart from color, how you are going to use the car should help in option selection, i.e. track or daily driver. One thing I would be careful about are the seats, as the Sports seats, IMO, are a tighter fit for many people and could be uncomfortable on long drives (my dealer's advice).

I have an '08 911 C4S Meteor/Black, 6-spd., Bose, navigation, std. seats, self-dimming mirrors, Carrera Sport wheels, Sport Chrono, heated seats, stainless steel illum. door entry guards, Porsche crest in headrests, mats. I also have a clear bra (3M) which I would highly recommend.

Suggest you also look at the configuration the dealers order for inventory as a guide on options. For example, Sports Chrono is a 'must' option on cars in Canada for resale.

Good luck on what should be an enjoyable process for you, as whatever you select you will end up with a great car!

Old 11-23-2008, 07:08 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
The sports seats fit well. I am a big guy 6'5" 240lbs and these are the best fitting Porsche Carrera seats I have had.

I still say the engine sound of the car SUCKS! It is very quiet with absolutly ZERO Porsche sports car sound. Everyone that has checked out my new '09 has said they are surprised at how quiet the engine sound is. You can hear the ticking of the DFI or the exhaust note!

Old 11-23-2008, 07:23 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I like traditional GT silver with black interior. I would get the deviating stitching in red along with the seat belts . The GT in the sun gives the car this look like a spaceship which I really like.

I had to search for this photo . The exterior on this Turbo is white and I like the GT silver with this interior color combination . The red stitching looks amazing on the black . https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ara-white.html
Ditto..nuf said

Old 11-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Le Chef is infamous around these parts
They will

Originally Posted by mdrums
I am not sure they will, I sat in the sales managers office on the phone with a guy at PCNA about devated stitching and talk about a confusing mess...I gave up and the pricing was out of this world. I am not too sure Porsche will stitch the E-Brake and the leather boot of the 6speed.
But you need to spec an alternative (aluminum, cf, alcantara, or wood) shifter and parking brake. Then you spec all exclusive in contrasting stitching and few $'s later you;re done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me spec a '09 Carrera S