997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help me spec a '09 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 07:27 PM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
Can't advise you what to order but here is what I picked. Remember "Exclusive" options can only be ordered with the car. The parts department can't order them for you later without a matching VIN number. BOSE is the only option I'm struggling with leaving off.

Black Standard Leather
Standard Carrera IV Wheel
Standard Seats
Heated Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Arctic Silver Metallic
Self Dimming Mirrors
PDK
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Porsche Crest in Headrests Exclusive
Storage Compartment Lid with Model Logo
Navigation
BOSE
Universal Audio Interface
XM Radio

Old 11-28-2008, 08:40 AM
ghsu is infamous around these parts
Going back to the interior, I have the terracotta/black two tone (only available with full leather interior option) and it is awesome. The dash and upper door panels are black leather and the lower dash, seats, carpets etc are terracotta. I have the roof in alacantra which is a great option too.

In terms of the stereo, I have the Bose system, but to be honest, unless you're driving in a 25mph zone, the ambient noise in the car is enough to make me reconsider how much I'd want this option next time around. I have an 08 4S and it's noisier than the new 09 4S, which I just test drove earlier this week. I agree with another post on this thread. It is not as sporty sounding. Plus, I have the AWE full exhaust system, which further obviates the need for the Bose stereo....sounds great stopped at traffic lights though!

I like the standard seats, but understand the attraction to the sport seats. The standard seats hug you substantially less and are more sensible for me most of the time, ie a weekend trip as opposed to the track.

Will post some pics of my interior later today/tmr. It is truly awesome.

As for exterior color, the macademia metallic and the new porsche racing green are my favorite. I ended up with meteor metallic b/c I bought mine out of the lot, but if I had to order an 09, I'd order either the macademia or the porsche racing green.

YOU CANNOT GET THE PDK TRANSMISSION WITHOUT THE SPORT CHRONO PLUS PACKAGE. The automatic mode would be a joke otherwise.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Oh, and I just ordered the OEM sport shifter. Found a used car in my local Porsche dealer that has it and tried it out, the shifter action is more precise in addition to being a shorter distance from one gear to the next. It is fantastic. I would urge you to find a car that has it and to try it. It is much cheaper to have it spec'd in on your custom car order as opposed to having it installed later.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Here are some pics. It was really sunny so the bright areas appear to be more orange than the color actually looks. The interior in the shade is quite accurate.

Attached Images    
Old 11-28-2008, 01:15 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
To me, you have one of the best color combos. I really like the terracotta with black. I would likely opt for the black deviating carpeting as well, but could easily live with yours. Thanks for the photos.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:09 AM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Wink ? Stitch dev / shifter ebrake

you will have to order Daw option for this 2190.00 $

I have this with all leather and dev in my 997TT

My 997 C4S is at 43 K on options already

I hope the offer the Rs Spyder wheel on the 997 line next July

If I can get 10 % off and since there is no tax in Oregon I dont feel so Bad

Gee-Bee

Old 11-29-2008, 12:41 PM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
Here in california we have outrageous tax and license fees and are constantaly threatened with higher taxes. We run out of money for options when the tax is factored in.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 PM
lockmk is infamous around these parts
here it is in macademia...

here it is in Name:  photo (4).jpg
Views: 68
Size:  127.1 KB

Old 01-31-2009, 03:45 AM
Maz
Maz is infamous around these parts
Question

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I like traditional GT silver with black interior. I would get the deviating stitching in red along with the seat belts . The GT in the sun gives the car this look like a spaceship which I really like.

I had to search for this photo . The exterior on this Turbo is white and I like the GT silver with this interior color combination . The red stitching looks amazing on the black . https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ara-white.html
Can I ask a question for anyone who has or had the deviated stitching. I love the idea of black interior with deviated stiching, but am concerned about what happens when the leather is cleaned / moisterized. I was thinking the cleaner / moisterizer might stain or somehow discolor the stitching. Any experience or thoughts on that issue? Thanks.