997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sport Bucket Seats comfort

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:53 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Sport Bucket Seats comfort

I'm sure that the Sport Bucket Seats are comfortable and may fit very well. But one thing is short term use - track, short runs, etc. - another is long road trips (many hours). The standard 911 seats are very comfortable for long road trips. Will the harder Sport Bucket Seats be also comfortable in those conditions or will be felt as hard and cushion-less. I'm looking for feedback from members with real experience in long road trips.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
I've just picked it up this weekend and had 2 60 min drives so far and I think it feels great. My suggestion is try it before you get it, might not be a good fit for ALL body sizes.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:23 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I have sat in a few cars with the sport bucket seats.

They are just as comfortable as the others as long as you dont have too much girth in your hips. The issue I have with them are the side bolsters that are going to take a serious beating on a car that is regularly driven. The sport buckets I sat in were in a car on the show room floor and they were already showing creases in bolsters....

Jason

Old 11-30-2008, 03:22 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Great Seats... IF you are a medium build and shorter than 6'4" [coupe in the US ].

*HINT TO PORSCHE...

Make The Sunroof A Worldwide OPTION!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
They do take some getting used to. You can protect the bolsters by covering up the bolster with your hand to keep you from rubbing it. I am just 5'10" and with a 44 chest, 32 waist and I have to say the fit is tight. I actually like it but it did get some getting used to like I said. I thought the seats for the E46M3 were a tad tight, but the sport seats in the PCar are definitely more tight.

Dave

Old 11-30-2008, 08:00 PM
mnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant future
love my ***

I have taken a few day long drives that added up to 4-6 hours behind the wheel that day and the seats were still comfortable.

I have a Lexus with couch like seats and have always thought they were very comfortable. Now, when I take it for a long drive (as when we are going somewhere as a family) I find that the seats are not quite as comfortable as the sport seats in the 911. Personally, I think this is because the sport seats hold you in an excellent driving position and give you better back support and keep your legs in the right position. I find that I have sloppier posture and position on a wider seat that cradles me less.

However, I have a friend who is taller than I am - I am 6' and he is about 6' 3" and he finds the seats not comfortable, as they don't allow him to shift his body position as a passenger as much as he would like - so no matter what I tell you, it will come back to how well your body likes the *** (Adaptive Sport Seats) not mine.

Just food for thought adias - when I was considering the same thing, I had my local Porsche dealer lend me one overnight and took it for a long drive to see a friend and back - so I could confirm that for myself before I bought a car with seats like that, as I had the same concern you do.

Best of luck in your decision!

Matt

Old 11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mnmatt
I have taken a few day long drives that added up to 4-6 hours behind the wheel that day and the seats were still comfortable.

I have a Lexus with couch like seats and have always thought they were very comfortable. Now, when I take it for a long drive (as when we are going somewhere as a family) I find that the seats are not quite as comfortable as the sport seats in the 911. Personally, I think this is because the sport seats hold you in an excellent driving position and give you better back support and keep your legs in the right position. I find that I have sloppier posture and position on a wider seat that cradles me less.

However, I have a friend who is taller than I am - I am 6' and he is about 6' 3" and he finds the seats not comfortable, as they don't allow him to shift his body position as a passenger as much as he would like - so no matter what I tell you, it will come back to how well your body likes the *** (Adaptive Sport Seats) not mine.

Just food for thought adias - when I was considering the same thing, I had my local Porsche dealer lend me one overnight and took it for a long drive to see a friend and back - so I could confirm that for myself before I bought a car with seats like that, as I had the same concern you do.

Best of luck in your decision!

Matt
I think you are referring to the sports seats. I'm interested in the new sports BUCKET seats - different seats. These seats:

Last edited by adias; 11-30-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
I think you are referring to the sports seats. I'm interested in the new sports BUCKET seats - different seats. These seats:

Are you refering to the 996 GT3 seats or the 997 GT2 seats?

Old 11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
mnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant future
oops

Sorry - I was.

I tried the Sport Bucket seats too, but they were a pain to get into and out of for me, so I stopped considering them then.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I like the sports bucket seats and wish they were in my car . I have the sports adaptive and they are fine .

I suppose it depends on individual taste and how he feels in the seat . At 5 9 and 150 I can fit in any seat and girlfriend is also light at 110. In short this would be a go for me.

Now add up both of us and place a 260 lb dude in one seat and the sport bucket isn't going to work and even sports adaptive might pose a challenge .

Old 11-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by adias

Sorry I have the OE sport seats not the GT2 seats. Those are a beauty though.

Dave