997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Any troubles with AWE cats or Tubi mufflers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Awe

My AWE system is holding up great despite the nasty weather and over-salted roads here in Omaha.

Sorry to get off topic, but my tips won't stay level. The right one sits slightly higher than the left. I've had them moved back into place before. Any suggestions?

Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AJ997S
Thanks Mike! Pfaff Tuning will have some explaining to do.. Is there still warranty on these cats? Also what is the difference between what I have and the new HJS units? What does HJS stand for? I appreciate your quick replies and open discussion on your products.
Not a problem.

Cat warranty is one year from date of purchase.

HJS is the brand name and they are 200 cell. They were not available to us when we began making this product. When they were, we switched to them from the 300 cell units.

Please let mek know if you have further questions.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
My AWE system is holding up great despite the nasty weather and over-salted roads here in Omaha.

Sorry to get off topic, but my tips won't stay level. The right one sits slightly higher than the left. I've had them moved back into place before. Any suggestions?
They can be individually adjusted. Will the clamp not tighten down enough?

Old 12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Todd/AWE
I understand, but we are using 300 series stainless in all of these products (except for the flanges) and there should be no oxidation that looks like rust. There will be discoloring from heat, but it will be brown or blue in color. That is normal for stainless.

HJS welds the cones to the cans and they assured us they are also using high grade stainless weld filler.

Do you have any pics you can share with me? Our climate and road conditions are very similar to yours.
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply to this - excellent service as usual.

My car's in the shop next week for wheel alignment so will take a couple of pics whilst I can get under it.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor
Ian,

I sent you a PM.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
I had exactly the same issue - my solution was just to hammer the clamping area of the tailpipe slightly out of round so it bit down properly on the pipe when tightened! Crude but worked like a charm!

Old 12-05-2008, 05:32 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
The shop that installed my AWE exhaust system,TKX Performance, tack welded the tips to the muffler outlet pipes after they were correctly aligned.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
I had AWE 200 cell cats and tubi mufflers with a TPC supercharger kit on the 997S - all held up well...

Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 AM
silk is infamous around these partssilk is infamous around these parts
Hi Todd,

Any suggestion on what type of cat (your 200 CEL or 300 CEL) goes with the VF supercharger ? After listening to the youtube video, your products has the best sound !

Old 04-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by silk
Hi Todd,

Any suggestion on what type of cat (your 200 CEL or 300 CEL) goes with the VF supercharger ? After listening to the youtube video, your products has the best sound !
Hi silk,

We no longer offer a 300 cell cat. Cat technology has advanced and we now can use a 200 cell cat that does a better job than what the 300 cell cat used to do.

VF has used our 200 cell cats on many installs and last we knew they recommended our exhaust products above all others when installing one of their supercharger kits.

We have an authorized distributor near Shanghai. We have a shipment leaving to them very soon if you were interested in saving some shipping costs.

Please see this page for a links to our Asian distributors:

http://awe-tuning.com/pages/info/AWE_dealermap_asia.cfm

Thanks for the kind words regarding our exhaust products!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:48 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
todd,
excellent product and customer service.............I noticed that you are answering questions or concerns. Is Mike on vacation? Or has the fate of this economy helped him have a perminent vacation

Old 04-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
I use to run AWE cats on our shop 997 and they were great. The cats really open up the acoustics of that flat six while adding a few more HP.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
todd,
excellent product and customer service.............I noticed that you are answering questions or concerns. Is Mike on vacation? Or has the fate of this economy helped him have a perminent vacation
Heck no! Mike is still rocking and rolling here. Sometimes he is too busy to handle all the forum traffic on his own so I like to pitch in when I can.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Todd/AWE
Heck no! Mike is still rocking and rolling here. Sometimes he is too busy to handle all the forum traffic on his own so I like to pitch in when I can.
Awesome...........great to see your business is well in this economy

Old 04-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
todd,
Still here!

Vacation??? No need. I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Been super busy...

Email me if anyone needs anything.

Mike@awe-tuning.com

(usually the best way to get hold of me)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any troubles with AWE cats or Tubi mufflers?