997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Blakt Out's modded 997 is about to move into it's third life...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:51 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Jared, love the wheels. I can't wait to see how fast you are around the track with them.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:59 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks man. Since I'm on the development team, I'll be sure to hook you up with a set. We require standard size wheel sets in good working order as cores, because BBS actually stretches them. I'll send you a 'ahem' new address to send yours to and we'll get going. Cool? Cool.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:26 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Only because I am getting a deal. Otherwise I am not sure I am ready for this kind of performance!

Old 12-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
Following this thread has made with track withdrawal symptoms easier to handle
Jared - Keep us posted with the progress.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:12 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
OK guys, with the holidays, we haven't made much progress. Right now, my engine is in the back of my truck because I want a flat 6 specialty engine shop to look at it instead of just paying to have Porsche put another one in. It's not skimping on money, it's that these engines break too often and I don't want to deal with it again.

Soooo, the Michelin Cups sold. You'll see that change in the OP. Scan through it again and see if there's anything you might like to have. I need this stuff gone. K?

Thanks all of yuns.

Jared

Old 01-04-2009, 03:10 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Jared, do you thing the Supercharger had something to do with your engine breaking? Hope you get it all sorted out and back on the track soon.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Not at all. It was another issue, I'm quite sure, but I don't want to speculate. Tomorrow, I take it to an independent shop for teardown and analysis. But there are no 'supercharger fingerprints' at the crime scene.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey guys,

I've realized that I cannot run my GT3RS wing in the class I desire, so it is, alas, available. I've added a link in my OP, but here's a link too.

... and a pic...

Thanks!

Last edited by blakt out; 01-05-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: I had a watermarked pic in it.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
So did you decide to keep the car?

Old 01-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
So did you decide to keep the car?
Yessir. I'm so glad too. I FINALLY made a decision. This is MY CAR, and I'm not stopping with it.

I'll take you all through every step of the way too. I am not aware of anyone fully documenting the change from street car to race car, but I'm going to do it. Can't wait!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Jared, what kind of tail can you run in GTB?

Old 01-05-2009, 08:45 PM
A regular GT3 molded one. I'll go full CF. Heck, I might have some of the stuff wrong, but I think I'm right on that.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blakt out
A regular GT3 molded one. I'll go full CF. Heck, I might have some of the stuff wrong, but I think I'm right on that.

If that's the case Jared, trade me my "taco" GT3 (aerokit) wing for your GMG wing. It has a carbon fiber blade

Old 01-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry man. I'm going to have one made of 100% carbon. Going as far as the rulebook will allow me...

Thanks though!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blakt out
Sorry man. I'm going to have one made of 100% carbon. Going as far as the rulebook will allow me...

Thanks though!
Nice! Can't wait to see pics of the thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blakt Out's modded 997 is about to move into it's third life...