997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Blakt Out's modded 997 is about to move into it's third life...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:46 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Blakt Out's modded 997 is about to move into it's third life...

I've been living in this gray area. I have the car now set up to be a DE/track day car. I've gone so far into that that I don't even really drive it on the street anymore. I am getting to where I don't want to just go to track days, but I want to start to race. I think Synergy Racing's going to build my car into a GTB class full-on race car.

I'm not 100% on this. More like 90%. And before you all start telling me that I'd be better off to sell and start over, let me say that... well, I want to do it with THIS car. Period. "We're tight like dat."

If you want to look into what I'm talking about doing more (which I think you should...) go to Synergy's site. Also, look on just about any issue of Excellence magazine and there's a Performance Friction ad with a Synergy GTB race car on it. That's where I'm most likely going.

I'd love to hear what each of you think, though. As I said, I'm not 100%.

Needless to say, if I do this, I'm going to have a TON of parts that I can't use in GTB. I'm just going to make the list here. As I make the threads in the For Sale Section, I'll add the hyperlinks in here by editing this post. This is not a for sale post here though. I think for you guys to help me finalize this decision, you'll need to know what all I have to take off, get rid of, and change. Might as well make them hyperlinks too.

This HUGE change... again... seems to be all that I can think about.

VF Engineering Supercharger for 997S. SOLD

GMG GT Roll/Harness Bar for any 997.

Brembo 380mm 6 piston brake kit SOLD

Volk TE-37 wheels SOLD

GMG GT3RS carbon rear wing/deck lid

Cargraphic GT2 rear wing/deck lid

Cargraphic GT3 front bumper SOLD

OEM 997 rear bumper SOLD

Avus AF-MO2 20" wheels with tires SOLD

Factory Black Carrera S Lobster Claw 19" wheels with MPSC SOLD

Cobra Carbon Fiber/alcantara Suzuka S Technology seats SOLD

Factory 997S power seats

Custom subwoofer box with 2 JL Audio 8W0 subs

Various Toyo R888s

One 98% new Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 295/30ZR18 SOLD

Two 98% new Michelin Pilot Sport Cups 235/40ZR18 SOLD

Last edited by blakt out; 01-18-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:53 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, thats a big jump!

What I always think about when I see guys make the jump from street tuned to full on race car is, what will you drive on the street now? Are you making this call because you like modding so much this is just the next logical step? Would your appetite for more be satisfied by starting another tuning project vice taking your car to the next level?

Jason

Old 12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JEllis
Wow, thats a big jump!

What I always think about when I see guys make the jump from street tuned to full on race car is, what will you drive on the street now? Are you making this call because you like modding so much this is just the next logical step? Would your appetite for more be satisfied by starting another tuning project vice taking your car to the next level?

Jason
I'm now running at speeds that I would like to have a full cage. Almost ALL of my miles, as is, are on the track and with slicks on. My amount of camber is silly for the street. I track so much that I really don't get as much of a kick from driving on the street now. I have three other vehicles that I drive on the street, so this one isn't even registered anymore. Sometimes I take it out to the roads, but not too often. It's actually not at all that I have the mod bug so badly that I can't sit still. It's that I want to compete. I want to really see how far I can go in this whole thing. Honestly, I feel like I'm finally getting done with car-puberty. I'm ready to really go for it. That's the thought process at least... the process that has me thinking of doing it in the first place.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:09 PM
mnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant future
Do it.

I say - GO FOR IT.

I know exactly what you mean about the bond you form with your car - it is not just buying another car and getting it setup that way, it's having the car you learned so well and have such a feel for, that you will notice each tweak or improvement and whether or not you feel it was worth it, or how best to get the most out of it, and what it does to your ability in the car.

blakt out - As someone who values your opinion and thoughts on any mod or change to their ride - I know your hesitation about going to the next level, but is it really a question - or is it like it has been for me with so many things... the planning stage?!!? I look at it carefully for months, research every option and angle - and then go get it done and enjoy the results for years.

All the best with whatever you decide - and we demand full reports - with pictures of course, or it did not really happen!

Matt

Old 12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I say do it then!

Now all you need is the spare time and money to really compete!

Jason

Old 12-08-2008, 01:20 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Love it blakt-out... I think your car was perfect for the street & track... it has that balance but you can always swing it more in the favor of a track car and just go all out Start stripping!

Old 12-08-2008, 03:18 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Jared, I am not surprised at this decision. I think that you will enjoy your car more doing what you love. I am surprised that you are not going to leave the sub's in it!

PM me about the tires that you have, I am looking for 19" R Comp's.

Ed

Old 12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Let me know if and when the RS wing and decklid are up for sale.

Old 12-08-2008, 05:33 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck man, looks like you already know what you want. Next think you know, your car is gonna end up being like Grussell's!

Old 12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
I also say do it.

At the end of the day, it is just money. Do whatever that makes yourself happy as you know you are worth it.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v35
Good luck man, looks like you already know what you want. Next think you know, your car is gonna end up being like Grussell's!
Nothing wrong with that, GRussell's car is awesome!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:14 PM
aika is infamous around these parts
I think you'd be better off going with elemental designs, DynAudio, or Rainbow, rather than JL.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by aika
I think you'd be better off going with elemental designs, DynAudio, or Rainbow, rather than JL.
It's too late for Jared, he has already installed them and is now going to remove them and sell them to someone else.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:21 PM
aika is infamous around these parts
JL is good but a bit overpriced. But hey if you have a Porsche...

Old 12-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by aika
JL is good but a bit overpriced. But hey if you have a Porsche...
As I said, he is selling them if he removes them, at the used price I am sure it will be a better deal then the other stuff.

Are you suggesting that Porsche is overpriced?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blakt Out's modded 997 is about to move into it's third life...