997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

discount on 2009 911s

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:32 AM
cy0811 is infamous around these parts
so if 13k off a 09 is possible (hard to believe...I got 24k off a 2005 SL new but this is a 911) how much are they takinf off left over 08's in SoCal? I leased a 05 SL500 in dec of 05 when they were pushing all the 09's to lease and got the lease of a lifetime...$699 a month...8k down...MSRP 103k...27 months..Silver car. I cant seem to find any deals like that right now....guess the MF/Residuals arent as good now on the cars I want.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:20 AM
jjtoma is infamous around these parts
Stopped by my local Porsche dealer on Florida's west coast. They had a 06' C4S Cab with 12,000 miles for $64,995. Original MSRP was $116,680, this was a CPO car. Came in on a new Turbo Cab trade. They did sell it in about 9 days. Thought this was a very good deal. No matter what some people might say, many dealers are just trying to cash-flow to stay in business. Things will get much worse before they are better. IMHO would NOT pay more than 14-15% off MSRP if the car is sitting in the lot.

Last edited by jjtoma; 12-15-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:02 PM
plz
plz is infamous around these parts
Porshe561, do you mind sharing the name of the dealer who is giving you almost 15% off a new 911? Feel free to PM me, I tried to PM you but you have it disabled. Thanks.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:53 PM
wjh911 is infamous around these partswjh911 is infamous around these parts
I would like to know as well. I am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger soon......really soon.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:35 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cy0811
so if 13k off a 09 is possible (hard to believe...I got 24k off a 2005 SL new but this is a 911) how much are they takinf off left over 08's in SoCal? I leased a 05 SL500 in dec of 05 when they were pushing all the 09's to lease and got the lease of a lifetime...$699 a month...8k down...MSRP 103k...27 months..Silver car. I cant seem to find any deals like that right now....guess the MF/Residuals arent as good now on the cars I want.
Here in San Diego they are selling 08 997's that are still on the lot for 10-15K+ off of MSRP! Great time to be a buyer!

Jason

Old 12-14-2008, 05:22 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JEllis
Here in San Diego they are selling 08 997's that are still on the lot for 10-15K+ off of MSRP! Great time to be a buyer!

Jason

The 08 leftover --This he could get here too in Florida .

It's the 09's which are harder for them to discount . Those lease prices sound high though . As stated by forum member Sayboy each component has to be analyzed . I almost think the regional dealerships could compete . I don't feel that the car is worth four years and 52K to be left with nothing plus to face maintenance costs . I don't feel he has to wait three months plus drive 24 hours to pay this and feel like this is so great.

I have some issues with some aspects of his deal which I don't feel have been shared on this thread . I have told him and shared my thoughts privately.

Bottom line -- I think 561 is a very sincere person and respectable buyer who really wants a car . I just hope he's met with professionalism in the car sales aspect . Nuff said.

Last edited by yrralis1; 12-14-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
It's the 09's which they don't want to discount.
fixed

"it's a brand new model"

"they're selling like hotcakes"

"most dealers are selling them at msrp"

Old 12-14-2008, 06:20 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MelsM3
fixed

"it's a brand new model"

"they're selling like hotcakes"

"most dealers are selling them at msrp"

That was funny Mel but I do think there are no incentives yet with the 09's .

Old 12-14-2008, 06:42 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
If anyone is still looking for a fantastic deal on a new pcar (whether it's on the lot or spec'd), send me your contact info. I'm confident that my "guy" can do better than anything else you've come across and regularly ship cars all over the place.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:55 PM
plz
plz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JEllis
Actually that doesn't sound all that impressive in light of the fact Porsche561 is apparently getting $13k off a 997.2 (ie 2009 model), which represents almost 15% discount. So one would think the leftover 08 would go for even higher % discount?

The deal Porsche 561 is getting sounds amazing actually. Wish he would unveil his dealer.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:04 PM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
ahhhhhhhh. I read some more of the prior posts and I think I understand the scam now. The MSRP on the car is 86k and the dealer supposedly wants to sell it for 73k. However, you can bet your **** that if you wanted to pay for the car cash, 73k would not be the price. Why? Dealers have 13% mark up in the cars, period. Why sell an 09' at a 2% loss? Answer: you don't.

Understand there are three variables involved in calculating a lease payment and by manipulating any one of the three you can get the payment to be whatever you want it to be.

1- Capitalized Cost (price)
2- Residual Value
3- Money factor (expressed as a decimal, multiply by 24 to get equivalent % rate)

The dealer may well be willing to use 73k as the cap cost, however, you can be sure that he is making it up by reducing the residual value, increasing the money factor, or both. The point is, don't just look at the 73k and assume this is a great deal (it would be if you were buying the car). I can promise you if you called the dealer and told him you decided you want to buy the car, the price would NOT be 73k. try and and let me know.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Porsche561 is infamous around these parts
Hello everyone. So the name of the dealership that is offering me this price is Holbert's Porsche in PA. Ask for Steve Keller and tell him Ryan Schwartz recommended him if you are going to call him. The reason why I didn't disclose the dealership earlier was because I wanted to get permission to disclose which dealership was giving me this discount. He gave me the "ok".

Steven Keller
Internet Sales Manager
Holbert's Porsche/ Audi/ Volkswagen
1607 Easton Road
Warrington, PA 18976
215-343-1600 Ext.110
stevek@holberts.com

Why can't I fiance this car with another lender that will lease me the car or have the dealer lease me the car at the "prevailing rates"?

Last edited by Porsche561; 12-14-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:54 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Porsche561
Hello everyone. So the name of the dealership that is offering me this price is Holbert's Porsche in PA. Ask for Steve Keller and tell him Ryan Schwartz recommended him if you are going to call him. The reason why I didn't disclose the dealership earlier was because I wanted to get permission to disclose which dealership was giving me this discount. He gave me the "ok".

Why can't I fiance this car with another lender that will lease me the car or have the dealer lease me the car at the "prevailing rates"?
i am getting the feeling that you don't really understand the entire finacing picture, and i am not trying to insult you-it just sounds to me like you aren't getting anyplace in your understanding of the big picture here. am i right? i think that we are all trying to explain stuff to you and we are not getting too far. if that is the case, tell us specifically what you don't quite understand.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:14 PM
The leasing termimology simply is a mathematical manipulation used by dealerships to try and logically explain why they are taking the customer's money . It's like a magician using his own deck of cards .

I do enjoy reading the posts describing how money factors and residuals tilt the scale to a good deal when in fact a good deal ought to center around paying less money . I understand that catchy lease terms each have a prescribed definition with a plausible base but they are not only designed but they are implemented by the business .

So whose really in control ? The customer is . He's the one who writes the check .
What's the cost ? One number -- The total cost of day one to finish of that car . With a lease the endpoint is clear and with Porsche leasing I have yet to see what I would call a "great deal".

Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Porsche561 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by docjackson1
i am getting the feeling that you don't really understand the entire finacing picture, and i am not trying to insult you-it just sounds to me like you aren't getting anyplace in your understanding of the big picture here. am i right? i think that we are all trying to explain stuff to you and we are not getting too far. if that is the case, tell us specifically what you don't quite understand.
I do fully understand. I understand that the deal can raise the rate and lower the residual to create more profit. I understand that, and also understand that what the rates are now are not what they are going to be in 3 months. SO, my questions is, can I buy the car from the dealership and lease it through another company other then porsche so save money if the dealership is going to offer me a bad rate to create a profit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: discount on 2009 911s