997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

discount on 2009 911s

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb

First negotiate the price of the vehicle.

Separately negotiate any vehicle trade-in [Only settle for a trade-in price, NOT a wholesale "sub-basement" price].

Separately negotiate the loan or the lease [One of my favorite dealer Irrelevant lines... "how much do you want to pay each month"].

Many dealers LOVE to create a large gray area, so that the customer thinks that they are getting a good deal or the customer is confused/worn out by the numbers and finally gives in.

The best way to deal with dealers...

Get your act together First, then e-mail several dealer Managers and see who Really wants your business.

Almost everything can be squared away on the phone/e-mail/fax.

"Come on down and let's talk" Is One Dealer Tactic!

My current vehicles, are my 23rd & 24th since I turned 16.

Only my first two vehicles were bought used.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:08 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Will somebody please buy a car now, for cash, from this dealer so we can all find out if the magical mythical 15% off MSRP for a 2009 is true?

Seriously, the suspense is killin' me

Post a scan of the sales contract.

What was that bird, (it was a bird, right?) always talked of but never seen? (Yeti = 15% off 2009? j/k!!)

Porsche561 were you also going to have a trade-in? Or no? And do you have a signed contract at this point, or just the offer that you posted on here?

Is there any way you can find and buy one now off the lot so that this thread does not go on for 1000 pages and we avoid the risk of it possibly achieving sentience while the readers lose theirs?
Just having fun and trying to lighten things up a bit...

Old 12-15-2008, 12:16 AM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Porsche561
I do fully understand. I understand that the deal can raise the rate and lower the residual to create more profit. I understand that, and also understand that what the rates are now are not what they are going to be in 3 months. SO, my questions is, can I buy the car from the dealership and lease it through another company other then porsche so save money if the dealership is going to offer me a bad rate to create a profit.
the dealer can't change the residual to screw you-the residual is set by the leasing company and it is a % of the msrp, not the amount that you buy the car for. the dealer can alter the interest rate to make more money. sure you can negotiate a buy price then have any leasing company buy the car from the dealer and lease it to you-just a few examples would be lease compare, u.s. bank and putnam leasing, who advertises on this page. if you go on lease compare's web site, they will give you various quotes. the higher the residual and the lower the interest rate or money factor, the lower your monthly payment.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:54 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
15% sounds unrealistic. Not unless you buy 10 cars a year from them and even then it sounds doubtful

With that being said, if you guys want the best deal that can be had, hit me with a pm. As an added bonus it's a board sponsor so you can feel good about getting the best possible price on a new pcar and supporting the forum at the same time.

If you want to pay more somewhere else, that's cool too

Old 12-15-2008, 09:57 AM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by docjackson1
the dealer can't change the residual to screw you-the residual is set by the leasing company and it is a % of the msrp, not the amount that you buy the car for. the dealer can alter the interest rate to make more money. sure you can negotiate a buy price then have any leasing company buy the car from the dealer and lease it to you-just a few examples would be lease compare, u.s. bank and putnam leasing, who advertises on this page. if you go on lease compare's web site, they will give you various quotes. the higher the residual and the lower the interest rate or money factor, the lower your monthly payment.
this is all true and also my experience.
are you going to lease the car or finance?

Old 12-15-2008, 10:04 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Wait until mid 2009. The world-wide economy isn't close to the bottom of the black hole yet.

Mfr's/Dealers will be giving cars away then just to stay afloat.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Porsche561 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
this is all true and also my experience.
are you going to lease the car or finance?
I plan on leasing the car.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:04 AM
jjtoma is infamous around these parts
2009 the year aheada

Originally Posted by AP 997S
Wait until mid 2009. The world-wide economy isn't close to the bottom of the black hole yet.

Mfr's/Dealers will be giving cars away then just to stay afloat.
Exactly , just like the construction business does. It has not happen to Porsche yet. Unfortunately just a sign of times to come. Forget anything of previous auto purchases, no matter what brand.

Last edited by jjtoma; 12-18-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Porsche561 is infamous around these parts
So, just an update I don't think I am going for the 911 because the lease payments are still to high even though I am getting an AMAZING price. The dealer is giving me just as good of a quote on a Cayman S which is in my price range.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:50 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Porsche561
So, just an update I don't think I am going for the 911 because the lease payments are still to high even though I am getting an AMAZING price. The dealer is giving me just as good of a quote on a Cayman S which is in my price range.

This information would have helped everyone, 160 posts ago!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:03 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MelsM3

This information would have helped everyone, 160 posts ago!
I'm loving your posts!

Old 12-18-2008, 09:14 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I am not sure how good the deals are out there but I can tell you I am shocked at the prices Pcars are going for here in San Diego. The local Porsche dealership is selling left over 2008's for over 15,000 off of MSRP. One Mexico Blue 997 4S with every option including GT2 Seats, OEM SSK, Spacers, and leather wrapped dash is going for 88K is already 18,000 off of MSRP and I would imagine if you walked into the dealership with 86K ready to go, they would take it. They also have launch 997.2S's going at significant discounts. I personally dont know if they would sell for 15% under MSRP but if I was a betting man, a cash buyer willing to buy off of the lot could probably make a steal right now. Its simply a great time to be a buyer!

Jason

Old 12-18-2008, 09:22 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I would not get the Cayman . You wanted the 911 .

Old 12-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Eprangia is a splendid one to beholdEprangia is a splendid one to beholdEprangia is a splendid one to beholdEprangia is a splendid one to beholdEprangia is a splendid one to beholdEprangia is a splendid one to beholdEprangia is a splendid one to beholdEprangia is a splendid one to behold
I got $13k off of MSRP on Cayman S the other day, but it was an '08.
Was pretty shocked at the discount on pcar like that but when I asked for '09... no discount...
Bringing my check book next week with me and will see what they can do for either c2s or cayman s...
Still can't decide between the two... sigh...

Old 12-18-2008, 11:27 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EpRAnGia
I got $13k off of MSRP on Cayman S the other day, but it was an '08.
Was pretty shocked at the discount on pcar like that but when I asked for '09... no discount...
Bringing my check book next week with me and will see what they can do for either c2s or cayman s...
Still can't decide between the two... sigh...
Tell them to keep both cars and buy it from someone else . There is absolutely ZERO reasons why a dealership can justify charging MSRP on the mass produced Porsches in this economy .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: discount on 2009 911s