997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

discount on 2009 911s

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:25 AM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I agree .
The doubt I have is whether any dealership will give it in writing and let him actually drive the car off the lot .

Several dealerships have let him walk .
Some offer hope .
None have sold him a car.

My doubts have always been whether or not some last minute curve ball will drop a three month deal ( and by then maybe 500 posts) .

We'll see .

I hope he gets the car but this type of up, down , and sideways waiting just sounds like more stres than fun . I have never bought a car like this .

I wish him well though.
i think the reason that we are seeing this roller coaster ride is that we are talking to a kid who has no authority to buy anything.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:37 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by docjackson1
i think the reason that we are seeing this roller coaster ride is that we are talking to a kid who has no authority to buy anything.
Well -someone has to tell him yes or no. I would not want to be the one to tell him either .

Tell him yes .. it perpetuates this stress associated with buying a fun thing .

Tell him no -- and he's heartbroken after spending months running around dreaming of the car .

Too much drama for me .

I don't have kids though .

Old 12-27-2008, 05:41 AM
gray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud of
Final Deal!

Hi guys,

My shopping has come to an end. The deal I got was 8% off $86,000. I could have bought one in Florida for 9% off msrp but shipping would cost me $1500. This dealership is 300 miles from me so drive is not that bad. I got a 09 gray c2 with nav, ipod, bluetooth, heated seats, power seats, self dimming. They got it off from another dealer in the east coast. I paid a transer fee of $250.00.

I could not find good clear bra installer around this dealership so planning to drive it back and having the bra installed in a local shop. What is the likelihood of getting rock chips if I drive it for 300 miles?

Vic

Old 12-27-2008, 06:26 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
I bought a left over brand new 07' 911 base coupe in Aug 08' from Porsche Orlando at a 10% discount and the experience was pleasant and hassle free. I'm in South Florida and my local dealer chose not to match this discount. I was set to order a new 09 in July of this past year for a Oct built/ Nov delivery and I told my local dealer that I would give them yet another opportunity to earn my business by matching the 5% discount I was getting away from them. This time they wisely chose to sell me a car. Mind you, July was a completely different environment than now and although I could have gotten 8% by waiting I have been enjoying my car for two months already.

I have found that one does far better on resale and depreciation by buying a lightly optioned car. My 07' had no options other than power seats, MSRP was $74900 and I paid $66,700 or so. 66k for a brand new 911! My 09' has only metallic paint ( aqua blue, XM, Ipod, power seats) MSRP 80k and change, I paid 76k and am happy with that.

The turbo buyers have lost tens of thousands already as 07' turbos can be had in the 90's now, trade in values in the high 70's. crazy.

I got 59k on my 07' on the trade so I only lost 7k.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:00 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Gray911, congrats on the new car! You got a great deal. 7-9% is the going discount. This will probably shrink up some since Porsche is cutting supply.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:53 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gray911
Hi guys,

My shopping has come to an end. The deal I got was 8% off $86,000. I could have bought one in Florida for 9% off msrp but shipping would cost me $1500. This dealership is 300 miles from me so drive is not that bad. I got a 09 gray c2 with nav, ipod, bluetooth, heated seats, power seats, self dimming. They got it off from another dealer in the east coast. I paid a transer fee of $250.00.
Vic
Congrats Vic! Sounds like a great result to your shopping. You know the deal- post pics please. And a driving review would be great also!

As a car on the ground, this sounds similar to deals I saw while shopping. The cars the dealers initially got from Porsche are certainly on sale. However, I have yet to see this kind of deal on an ordered car (from dealer allocation).

Now that Porsche has initiated production cutbacks, I suspect the "sweet spot" is now here and the discounts on 2009's will start to dry up in the next few months (as MDRUMS mentioned). Scarcity is a prime determinant of price, and production reduction results in scarcity.

The unreal deals are on 08 and 07's for sure, and I feel for those of you in this situation over the depreciation lick you all have taken Hell, I think if one had some liquidity, this would be a great time to buy up several well-optioned vehicles for sale at a future date. I mean how often do you see a glut of 1-2 year old Porsches at 50% off? Sheesh.

In any event, drive and enjoy!

Last edited by sayboy; 12-27-2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: clarify point
Old 12-27-2008, 11:59 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Hi guys,

I could not find good clear bra installer around this dealership so planning to drive it back and having the bra installed in a local shop. What is the likelihood of getting rock chips if I drive it for 300 miles?

Vic
Congrats Vic -- You found the car , liked it, felt good about the folks and the price and now you're having fun.

That's the way it shold be IMO.

Last edited by yrralis1; 12-27-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by tromero
I bought a left over brand new 07' 911 base coupe in Aug 08' from Porsche Orlando at a 10% discount and the experience was pleasant and hassle free. I'm in South Florida and my local dealer chose not to match this discount. I was set to order a new 09 in July of this past year for a Oct built/ Nov delivery and I told my local dealer that I would give them yet another opportunity to earn my business by matching the 5% discount I was getting away from them. This time they wisely chose to sell me a car. Mind you, July was a completely different environment than now and although I could have gotten 8% by waiting I have been enjoying my car for two months already.

I have found that one does far better on resale and depreciation by buying a lightly optioned car. My 07' had no options other than power seats, MSRP was $74900 and I paid $66,700 or so. 66k for a brand new 911! My 09' has only metallic paint ( aqua blue, XM, Ipod, power seats) MSRP 80k and change, I paid 76k and am happy with that.

The turbo buyers have lost tens of thousands already as 07' turbos can be had in the 90's now, trade in values in the high 70's. crazy.

August was a very different time period . It was before peak of the economic drop, the 997.2 wasn't out, and used C2S cars were hard to find and they were expensive. It's hard to compare.

Before I bought my Turbo I also bought a 997S in 07 new. I got a deal close to yous on the NEW 07 in 07 in Miami . (percentage wise --mine was an S though).

I bought my Turbo in Pompano and no one had any at the time I bought it .
The Turbo market is very different and just as they have dropped in value they can also go up . This has been seein in earlier turbos (ie 993tt) as wel as other Porsche cars which are more rare . In extreme cases (Ie the Carrera Gt) the used price volatility can be huge in range depending on availability.

Not that this matters too much to me . I plan to keep my 997tt a very long time .

Old 12-27-2008, 02:56 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Cool

Hi guys,

Vic
That's good news!

Congrats and post pics when "she's" home!

Old 12-27-2008, 03:04 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Hi guys,

Vic
Congrats!

Be sure to wrap the front end with blue painter's tape for the trip home.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:28 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb

now here is a statement that makes sense-i do agree that sometimes when we talk to people on this board, we don't know if we are talking to kids or not, and sometimes we waste our time giving advice-it certainly sounds here like we were not talking to the ultimate buyer of the vehicle-when you have to get dad's permission, you are probably misrepresenting yourself to the people who you are talking to on the board, or at least misrepresenting your situation. although this thread has gone on for a while, it should probably be closed.
Sometimes it's the age, sometimes it's the maturity level and other times it's a deviation from common sense that sends a thread off its' intended path.

Threads like this ARE very important though, because not everyone is Bill Gates.

On some Corvette/BMW forums, [most] people know exactly where to shop in order to get the best deal [vehicles or parts].

This information is VERY important, considering the price of our "toys".

So...

Anyone who can get a good/great deal on a vehicle or on parts, POST AWAY!!!!

Old 12-27-2008, 05:29 PM
now here is a statement that makes sense-i do agree that sometimes when we talk to people on this board, we don't know if we are talking to kids or not, and sometimes we waste our time giving advice-it certainly sounds here like we were not talking to the ultimate buyer of the vehicle-when you have to get dad's permision, you are probably misrepresenting yourself to the people who you are talking to on the board, or at least misrepresenting your situation. although this thread has gone on for a while, it should probably be closed.
He's not exactly a kid at 23 but being young he does have enthusiasm and follow through . In his effort to contact just about every dealership in the east coast he did present quite a wide variety of pricing offers . You gotta hand it to him in terms of research , time, perseverence , and stamina .

If I was a dealership salesperson I would show him the car , give the prices and then ask to speak with his father if he's really set on the car .

I'm sure its not hard for a salesperson to say "I have your son here , this car apparently means a lot to him , theres no pressure to buy anything but why not come down and take a look . At worst you and your son enjoy the moment and come to a decision. "

But this running back and forth drama is just too much .

Old 05-13-2009, 08:58 AM
JAMS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tromero

Wait a minute! You can get XM radio, without Nav? I tried that on the Cayman configurator and it won't work... requires Nav at $3110 before it will accept XM radio at $750. Can anyone confirm this?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
LOL! you just raised the dead....

Old 05-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JAMS
Wait a minute! You can get XM radio, without Nav? I tried that on the Cayman configurator and it won't work... requires Nav at $3110 before it will accept XM radio at $750. Can anyone confirm this?

go onto the site - nav not needed for XM in 2009

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: discount on 2009 911s