997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

discount on 2009 911s

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:49 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Mel --you can get a great deal on an 08 leftover . The 09 cars are new and limited . Many will wait till months end but a savy dealership won;t have cars by then --unless a Macadamia non chrono PDK 4S targa happens to laying around .
Note my sig, I own a dealer spec '08.

I want to order a 911 the right way [Mel's way] and opt for all the good stuff!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:04 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MelsM3
Note my sig, I own a dealer spec '08.

I want to order a 911 the right way [Mel's way] and opt for all the good stuff!
I meant to say he instead of "you" .

Sorry Mel .

Old 12-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Porsche561 is infamous around these parts
Do you think it will be possible to to lease a Carrera for under $1,000 that has a base price of 83k?

12k miles
39 month lease
5k down

Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 AM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Porsche561
Do you think it will be possible to to lease a Carrera for under $1,000 that has a base price of 83k?

12k miles
39 month lease
5k down
if you put the 5k down and you get a good discount, i think the $1000 figure is certainly possible. all you need to do is find some leasing software (if you look, there will be a spread sheet somewhere on the internet that lets you plug in the variables-money factor, residual, term, cap cost, etc) and you can figure out just what the lease will cost you. i would bet though that if you put 5k down on a base carrera that you get a good discount on, that under a thousand a month is possible. if i were you though, i would try not to put any money down on a lease. good luck.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
He really wants the car . I'm not a fan of Porsche leasing but a Porsche is a ticket to making great memories .

I hope he gets the car .

Old 12-10-2008, 02:09 AM
He really wants the car . I'm not a fan of Porsche leasing but a Porsche is a ticket to making great memories .

I hope he gets the car .
i agree with you, but if you can't get a good deal on a porsche in this market, you can never get a good deal. you will never find a better time to buy a porsche-the combination of the end of the year, where dealers want to move cars and where most of the country is in winter, when sports cars are not the first thing that you want to buy, along with the worst economic crisis in the last 50 years. to repeat some important points 1) south florida is historically a tough place to buy a porsche, as is socal 2) by using the internet, just go to porsches website (www.porsche.com) and search the dealer's inventory all throughout the country-find a car that you like, and offer 1,000 dollars over invoice-you can find invoice on edmonds or kelly blue book. it is impossible to not find a dealer in some state who will take that deal. you have to get out of florida to make the deal. when you find someone who will do the deal, have him help to arrange for shipping. i have done this various times myself, when the market was tougher. this should be a chip shot for you. i am certainly not happy that so many dealers are in trouble, but if they are, your position is that you should be fortunate to be able to take advantage of the good deal. this is a 4 plus buyers market, maybe the buyer's market of the century-assuming that you can get credit, you should be able to make a history making deal in the next 20 days. go out and do it. good luck.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by docjackson1
i agree with you, but if you can't get a good deal on a porsche in this market, you can never get a good deal. you will never find a better time to buy a porsche-the combination of the end of the year, where dealers want to move cars and where most of the country is in winter, when sports cars are not the first thing that you want to buy, along with the worst economic crisis in the last 50 years. to repeat some important points 1) south florida is historically a tough place to buy a porsche, as is socal 2) by using the internet, just go to porsches website (www.porsche.com) and search the dealer's inventory all throughout the country-find a car that you like, and offer 1,000 dollars over invoice-you can find invoice on edmonds or kelly blue book. it is impossible to not find a dealer in some state who will take that deal. .
Doc --Here's the snag . By the time he finds such a deal by a dealership in some remote area in despair , and cuts through all the red tape he's saving 50 bucks a month at best on his lease . Then he either has to risk an accident driving miles through states or freight the car and add up more expense .
Theoretically it's possible but is it pratical ?

Old 12-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Doc --Here's the snag . By the time he finds such a deal by a dealership in some remote area in despair , and cuts through all the red tape he's saving 50 bucks a month at best on his lease . Then he either has to risk an accident driving miles through states or freight the car and add up more expense .
Theoretically it's possible but is it pratical ?
NYC isn't remote-plus, if he gets a $1000 over invoice deal, he will save more thab $50/month on a thousand dollar or more lease-he could save 4-5 grand on the lease-he has to try and work the system and take advantage of the bad economy. going to palm beach ain't gonna work. look, the cornerstone of every deal that he makes is that he is offering $1000 over list for existing stock-if he is leasing, he then checks current lease rates and residuals to make sure that the dealer isn't making it up on the back end-assumimg everything is good, our friend stands to save a lot of money per month on his car-i am not saying that it isn't a bit of work, but it is possible and unique to 12/08-almost the perfect storm.

Last edited by docjackson1; 12-10-2008 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by docjackson1
NYC isn't remote-plus, if he gets a $1000 over invoice deal, he will save more thab $50/month on a thousand dollar or more lease-he could save 4-5 grand on the lease-he has to try and work the system and take advantage of the bad economy. going to palm beach ain't gonna work. look, the cornerstone of every deal that he makes is that he is offering $1000 over list for existing stock-if he is leasing, he then checks current lease rates and residuals to make sure that the dealer isn't making it up on the back end-assumimg everything is good, our friend stands to save a lot of money per month on his car-i am not saying that it isn't a bit of work, but it is possible and unique to 12/08-almost the perfect storm.

NYC ?

He's at 8 percent now according to this thread . Markup on a 997 is what ? about 12 percent?. So the savings of 4 to 5K which you calculate is correct.

But he's leasing so that 5K dollar price gap becomes absorbed into monthly payments mathematically manipulated by the dealership leasing terms . He won't have to pay the entire 5K because he turns in his lease .

If he was buying the car then it's a different scenario.
But even with that he has to fly to the place , drive or freight the car back , stay in hotels , eat , gas tolls , time off from work, wear and tear on the car , and risk accident driving from NY to Fl . Every little bit adds up . Stress too .

And what about the idea that every consumer who searches for the best price wins . Yes --this I agree but at what cost?

That's at best if he gets that "1K over invoice deal " which you are describing .

Last edited by yrralis1; 12-10-2008 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:55 AM
NYC ?

He's at 8 percent now according to this thread . Markup on a 997 is what ? about 12 percent?. So the savings of 4 to 5K which you calculate is correct.

But he's leasing so that 5K dollar price gap becomes absorbed into monthly payments mathematically manipulated by the dealership leasing terms . He won't have to pay the entire 5K because he turns in his lease .

If he was buying the car then it's a different scenario.
But even with that he has to fly to the place , drive or freight the car back , stay in hotels , eat , gas tolls , time off from work, wear and tear on the car , and risk accident driving from NY to Fl . Every little bit adds up . Stress too .

And what about the idea that every consumer who searches for the best price wins . Yes --this I agree but at what cost?

That's at best if he gets that "1K over invoice deal " which you are describing .
my friend-you are arguing against him getting a good deal for all theoretical problems that have not happened. why don't we encourage him to get the best deal possible before we line up the reasons why he is screwed? makes better sense to be possitive and encourage him-no?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:35 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
Guys, the 12% markup is not accurate. On most 997 C2 cars there is only about 10.5 % at most. If you work with a quality dealer they will show you the Pro-forma invoice (sticker price) and the dealer invoice. There are currently no incentives on 2009 cars, only 2008. PCNA needs to move 2008 cars.....

Old 12-10-2008, 08:57 AM
mass is infamous around these parts
19 Hole is correct. I have learned the following important lessons in the past 2 years and purchasing 2 Carreras. Keep in mind I'm a CPA and love to crunch numbers and always approach a situation in a rational manner.

1. Someone will always get a better deal by waiting a month, year, decade, etc.
2. That month, year, decade is worth something. I will not argue back and forth on the reasons why time value of money is still valuable even in this circumstance when you don't NEED the car.
3. Someone will always CLAIM to get a better deal. Now before some of start getting all defensive and state that you never lie and I'm just bitter because I didn't get 50% off in Orange County, it is a fact that most people will embellish if given the opportunity and err on the favorable side. I'm sure most of you will disagree with this point, but nothing you will say will ever convince me that most people are honest and accurate with every detail.
4. As an example, the ordered car was 100k. I think 5% is considered a good deal in any economy especially in high income areas like southern CA. If you were magically (emphasis on that term) able to get 10% off in Montana, it still is not worth it, to me. Shipping is 1.5 to 2k, so that is 2%. Now you have saved 3K or 3% with all of the time of shipping, risk of damage, lack of dealer support if there is an issue, etc. Once again, many people will retort well I'm sorry MASS, unlike you, 3K is a lot of money and I don't just throw it away. Well, my response is, I would bet 3K is worth even more to me than you, and I still made this decision because that 3K brought me security and a relationship with my dealer which will pay more than 3K in the future.
5. In the end, the 3K, 5K, 7K amounts are relatively meaningless on a depreciating asset, not to mention one that instills so much emotion in the purchaser. I have quickly forgotten the deal I got each time I turn that key.

Those are my thoughts.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 AM
jjtoma is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 19hole
Guys, the 12% markup is not accurate. On most 997 C2 cars there is only about 10.5 % at most. If you work with a quality dealer they will show you the Pro-forma invoice (sticker price) and the dealer invoice. There are currently no incentives on 2009 cars, only 2008. PCNA needs to move 2008 cars.....
I am confused ; when Edmunds is showing 15% spread between MSRP & invoice they are wrong?

Last edited by jjtoma; 12-10-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
Edmunds is in fact wrong. Get a dealer to show you the actual cost and compare it to the sticker. For a base C2 with a few options, see my post about my new 997.2, there is barely 10.5% in the car. I know the owner of my dealership very well and he has shared this info with me. Due to his trust, I can't post on-line, but your dealer may choose to share this with you.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 AM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
http://www.nadaguides.com/

NADA is an additional resource for invoice information.
I can’t believe the invoice shown by dealers is the real price paid for the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: discount on 2009 911s