997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

discount on 2009 911s

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:46 AM
jjtoma is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by type997
http://www.nadaguides.com/

NADA is an additional resource for invoice information.
I can’t believe the invoice shown by dealers is the real price paid for the car.
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...sche-911-2.htm

Old 12-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Porsche561 is infamous around these parts
I just priced out a porsche at NADA website and this is what I got(check attachment). All the website state the exact same invoice prices....

Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2008, 12:00 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
Off the top of my head the car with options has about a 17% mark up over invoice.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by docjackson1
my friend-you are arguing against him getting a good deal for all theoretical problems that have not happened. why don't we encourage him to get the best deal possible before we line up the reasons why he is screwed? makes better sense to be possitive and encourage him-no?
It's you who claims a theoretical deal which you have not produced . In order for a claim to be valid it has to be supported by proof and that burden falls on the one who says "it can be done" . I tell you what . "1000 over invoice ? tell us all where he can get this deal .

Also do factor into his deal his time , travel cost, expense. It is part of any deal.

BTW --if that deal exists and it open to all forum members I'll be glad to keep that useful reference info when I consider my next Porsche.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by 500
Off the top of my head the car with options has about a 17% mark up over invoice.
I just did the math and it comes out to about 15%...

Old 12-10-2008, 12:29 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porsche561
I just priced out a porsche at NADA website and this is what I got(check attachment). All the website state the exact same invoice prices....

I don't know about the 09's but 16 percent was the 08 . It varies with car and options and cars like the Turbo have even greater markups .
Usually people who get cars at or near invoice -- the car is leftover for over a year .

Porsche doesn't sell cars like Lexus or BMW which are higher volume. They don't offer amazing leases or free maintenance . That is the case with most high end cars . Ferrari offers even less .

It is true that the economy is weak and its the end of year where sales figures do matter to a dealership but I have been buying these cars a long time and if I knew a place who could put those keys in your hand I would tell you . But I don't know any . Anyone I know would let you walk out and not sell the car for those prices.

Last edited by yrralis1; 12-10-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:49 PM
I didn't know trying to buy a porsche could be so much fun!

Old 12-10-2008, 04:35 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mass
Hole is correct.
So now you are agreeing with ahole?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche561
There is no need for a $11,340 difference between [base] dealer invoice and the [base] MSRP.

PS...

Dealer actual cost, is not the same as dealer invoice.

"I wonder" why some "hot" 911s, sit on dealer lots for 3+ months.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM
SilverEdge is infamous around these parts
It is true that 2009 models have only 10% profit built in. I don't know why the auto sites seem to be incorrect on this.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEdge
It is true that 2009 models have only 10% profit built in?
No, it is not true.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Most dealerships have the launch car (white PDK) with MSRP in the mid 80's . Unless they have the car he's looking for on the lot he would have to order it and with that it makes things tough . If he leases the car , residuals and lease terms change .

Being that the 997 is the entry level 911 it does have a target customer base . That means it sells. Dealerships are not in as much despair selling these cars as one might imagine.

The markup on Porsches is high -certainly compared to mass produced lexus , bmw , MB . It is low compared to exotics (ie Ferrari , Lambo) .

Dealership overhead depends on region and units sold can not be compared with high volume cars .

I have never seen new Porsche sell for invoice unless the car is a leftover with unpopular options or color .

I would rather pay a few dollars more , walk into a reputable dealership , or at worst drive two or three hours to get a decent price but the idea of travelling 15 -24 hours to buy a car and freight or drive back exposes a potential headache and expense risk . If the car has a problem the buyer is many miles away from the point of origin .

Now if the dealership was a site sponsor (touted by other 6speeders) OR if one commutes often to that region then I'd say go for it . Otherwise --I would pass .

I understand walking out of two or three dealerships if a deal doesn't fly but at some point if I really wanted that car .. I'd pay the reasonable extra bucks and have blast for three years .

Most of us blow money on wheels , mods, and all sorts of accesories and I would not drive 24 hours for that either .

Time is valuable . I think he will get the car .

Old 12-10-2008, 05:49 PM
aggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the rough
Don't you also need to consider dealer incentives over and above the actual buy / sell for an individual car?

Old 12-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Aggie --I think the 09's have no incentives yet as they are launch cars.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:09 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
It's you who claims a theoretical deal which you have not produced . In order for a claim to be valid it has to be supported by proof and that burden falls on the one who says "it can be done" . I tell you what . "1000 over invoice ? tell us all where he can get this deal .

Also do factor into his deal his time , travel cost, expense. It is part of any deal.

BTW --if that deal exists and it open to all forum members I'll be glad to keep that useful reference info when I consider my next Porsche.
i think you are missing something-i am not trying to debate with you. i am trying to give this guy some decent advice-to get on the internet, check the dealer's inventory, and try to get the best deal that he can. he is in florida, that is a tough market to get a good deal on a car. people buy and ship cars commonly-telling him to only trust a non-local dealer who is a board sponsor is sophomoric. any car bought from a porsche dealer is warrantied. then you tell me to produce the deal-you are missing my whole point. i hear what you are saying from your other posts-you are saying that you like to walk into your local dealer and pay their price so that you don't have to haggle and get on the phone and possibly ship the car, because time is money and money is time-that is fine, it is your point of view and i respect it. the poster is asking how to get the most off of the car that he can-read his post "discount on 2009 911s"-that is what i am trying to give him information on. i respect your opinion, now respect mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: discount on 2009 911s