997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

discount on 2009 911s

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by docjackson1
i think you are missing something-i am not trying to debate with you. i am trying to give this guy some decent advice-to get on the internet, check the dealer's inventory, and try to get the best deal that he can. he is in florida, that is a tough market to get a good deal on a car. people buy and ship cars commonly-telling him to only trust a non-local dealer who is a board sponsor is sophomoric. any car bought from a porsche dealer is warrantied. then you tell me to produce the deal-you are missing my whole point. i hear what you are saying from your other posts-you are saying that you like to walk into your local dealer and pay their price so that you don't have to haggle and get on the phone and possibly ship the car, because time is money and money is time-that is fine, it is your point of view and i respect it. the poster is asking how to get the most off of the car that he can-read his post "discount on 2009 911s"-that is what i am trying to give him information on. i respect your opinion, now respect mine.
Enough talk -produce the deal .

Point 1-- Anyone can say "look on the internet" citing a far off dealership and go on a wild goose chase --until the deal is closed .

Point 2 -- A "warranty" is only as good as the lack of headache one gets . I can pull up post after post on this board ( and others) of people who faced nighmarish issues with a NEW car . Do you think that an unknown dealership 20 hours away might not sell it (example below) ? Of course it could happen near ones home but the closer he is the better off he is . He won't have to face dealership A pointing at dealership B in a problem.
It's an 83K car .

Example -- I can pull all types but here a poster depicts a BMW nighmare hinged around an out of state purchase . http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...8640889-1.html

point 3) I hope he gets a great deal on a fantastic car but price does not guarantee peace of mind .

Old 12-10-2008, 09:45 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Enough talk -produce the deal .

Point 1-- Anyone can say "look on the internet" citing a far off dealership and go on a wild goose chase --until the deal is closed .

Point 2 -- A "warranty" is only as good as the lack of headache one gets . I can pull up post after post on this board ( and others) of people who faced nighmarish issues with a NEW car . Do you think that an unknown dealership 20 hours away might not sell it (example below) ? Of course it could happen near ones home but the closer he is the better off he is . He won't have to face dealership A pointing at dealership B in a problem.
It's an 83K car .

Example -- I can pull all types but here a poster depicts a BMW nighmare hinged around an out of state purchase . http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...8640889-1.html

point 3) I hope he gets a great deal on a fantastic car but price does not guarantee peace of mind .
boy-you have a thing where all you want to do is argue-and you also want to have the only opinion that is correct. this is a forum-it is not your forum. now you are touting the nightmares of out of state purchases. let me remind you again-the poster is asking for ways to get a good discount on an 09 carrera. that is what we are trying to help him with-we are not supposed to fight with one another and insult one another. we are supposed to try and help the poster. so in the future, try to confine your comments to giving him advice, not dueling with other board members who are trying to help the original poster.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I'm glad the OP is getting good information in this thread. Let's remember we are all just trying to help and this is not a competition.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:59 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb

he is in florida, that is a tough market to get a good deal on a car.
Incorrect.

Outside of [the very few] city areas, the majority of Florida is filled with low through middle income people.

The average Florida income, is only about $30,000 per year.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:09 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
boy-you have a thing where all you want to do is argue-and you also want to have the only opinion that is correct. this is a forum-it is not your forum. now you are touting the nightmares of out of state purchases. let me remind you again-the poster is asking for ways to get a good discount on an 09 carrera. that is what we are trying to help him with-we are not supposed to fight with one another and insult one another. we are supposed to try and help the poster. so in the future, try to confine your comments to giving him advice, not dueling with other board members who are trying to help the original poster.
If you feel "insulted" it was not my intention . I do feel that your heart is in a good place but there are pro's and cons of an out of state purchase .

It's safe to say that the best discount might entail multiple dealerships via internet and in person to see and drive the car . and consider that lease terms could vary with time on an ordered car.

To simply accept price as the only criteria and rule out potential obstacles is not an argument --but an issue worth bringing to awareness

I never said that he can get a better discount .
I never said that he can't

I simply said that it may not be worth the time and that the travel expenses may add up .

Whose "right" ? -- He has to be right . The keys end up in his hand.
I was trying to help him too . It's too bad you did not notice.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:45 PM
aggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Aggie --I think the 09's have no incentives yet as they are launch cars.
Fair call. In the IT industry we get incentives on volume and so on, and I've always assumed the auto trade is the same.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Porsche561 is infamous around these parts
Thank you everyone for all the help!

I have found a car on a dealers lot which I am very interested in. The dealer that has the car does not want to discount the car at all, BUT several dealers are willing to do a dealer trade with the dealer who has the car and offer me a good discount. What do you guys think about this quote that was offered to me? Can I still do better?

Attached Images  
Old 12-11-2008, 12:05 AM
cephas is infamous around these parts
think is not bad

Old 12-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the deal I got: ordered a '09 C2S - MSRP on the car was $102,030. Purchased the car for $91,827 (10% off MSRP). Traded in my '07 997 turbo to the dealer with 23,000 miles and got $90,000 for it.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 AM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
That is a good deal. If it is the Carrera you want I'd say take it and enjoy.

Good Luck

Old 12-11-2008, 08:10 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Alan
Here's the deal I got: ordered a '09 C2S - MSRP on the car was $102,030. Purchased the car for $91,827 (10% off MSRP). Traded in my '07 997 turbo to the dealer with 23,000 miles and got $90,000 for it.
Sorry, confused .... this was 2 different deals? 1st you got 10 off on the ordered C2S ..... then they bought your Turbo?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GreggT
Sorry, confused .... this was 2 different deals? 1st you got 10 off on the ordered C2S ..... then they bought your Turbo?
Sorry for the confusion - I negotiated the 10% discount on the '09 and the trade-in price on the '07 turbo at the same time. The reason I put in both pieces of information was to demonstrate how hungry the dealers are. I got that offer (both sides of it) from two different dealers. I can tell you that $90K on a 997 turbo with 23K miles on it (launch car that I purchased in 7/06 - original sticker $128K) is a strong trade-in price in the current economy.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:11 AM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan
Sorry for the confusion - I negotiated the 10% discount on the '09 and the trade-in price on the '07 turbo at the same time. The reason I put in both pieces of information was to demonstrate how hungry the dealers are. I got that offer (both sides of it) from two different dealers. I can tell you that $90K on a 997 turbo with 23K miles on it (launch car that I purchased in 7/06 - original sticker $128K) is a strong trade-in price in the current economy.
yep that is a very strong trade in price, it is most likely going to the auction.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:04 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Wink ? $

Iam going to ask for Disc , My dealer gave me a 08 for the 07 price on a TT, No tax so that was 8 % also ( oregon ) four year plate is 117.00

July build 2010 CAB4S, October delivery , I dont care who I order it from it's the disc of a 147 K exclusive optioned and the out of state sell that fit's me...

Cheers to all for the good reading !

I read most of it sitting on the crapper !

Gee-Bee

Old 12-11-2008, 07:37 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Porsche561
Thank you everyone for all the help!

I have found a car on a dealers lot which I am very interested in. The dealer that has the car does not want to discount the car at all, BUT several dealers are willing to do a dealer trade with the dealer who has the car and offer me a good discount. What do you guys think about this quote that was offered to me? Can I still do better?
amazing...must be a sign of the times LOL

Last edited by 500; 12-11-2008 at 07:40 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: discount on 2009 911s