997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

discount on 2009 911s

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by docjackson1
is that a car in stock or incoming, or an order? regardless, if that is a porsche dealer, and that is either a car in stock/in bound or an order for which they have an allocation, i would take it-that is one hell of a deal. i agree with you-if you give them a deposit, and you get a signed order from them, they can't sell the car out from under you. i disagree with yrallis-i am sure that he is a fine gentleman, but he seems to be against any deal that does not come from his local porsche dealer. there are many authorized dealers in this country that are a pleasure to deal with-i did not buy my 09 turbo from a next door dealer, and had never done business with them before, and with the trade in, saved almost $10,000 over what the local guy wanted to give me. i didn't do as well as you are doing on the purchase price, but times are different than when i bought in september. in summary, your deal sounds superior-you have obviously done your homework-congratulations.
Maybe he could PM you the specifics of the deal . It may change your outlook.

One other point --I did say that my local area would not offer these types of prices but I did refer him to two different dealerships both of which I have confidence in their profesionalism . Confidence means a lot to me and with a 100K car I like to deal with people I trust .

In car sales contracts are made but don't cover 100 percent of the experience .With an expensive car there's black and white and then theres that grey area of giving a deposit and waiting . With a quality product like a Porsche there's only so low a price can go and for the most part all of his quotes have been within a range.

Peace of mind has a price . I guess I would rather pay a little more to retain that peace.

Either way .. I do hope it works out for him .

Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
My experience in buying any kind of car is that there are no 'contacts' in car sales. A car salesman will try everything in his power to get the best of you. You gotta shop around, and give your local dealer the choice to match (or come close to) the best offer.

If you lose out on a particular car...screw it! There's always another car. They're making these things by the thousands!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
My experience in buying any kind of car is that there are no 'contacts' in car sales. A car salesman will try everything in his power to get the best of you. You gotta shop around, and give your local dealer the choice to match (or come close to) the best offer.

If you lose out on a particular car...screw it! There's always another car. They're making these things by the thousands!
I don't think any dealership will match or beat that price . It's about 15 percent. It really is amazing .

I can think of a lot of car dealerships that i would not leave a deposit with though . I can think of a lot of car dealerships who said one thing but delivered another . None have been Porsche . That's actually one good thing in his favor.

I do think a "contact" means something . I have seen many 6speeders give a referral and I have never seen one where a problem arose .

Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't think any dealership will match or beat that price . It's about 15 percent. It really is amazing .

I can think of a lot of car dealerships that i would not leave a deposit with though . I can think of a lot of car dealerships who said one thing but delivered another . None have been Porsche . That's actually one good thing in his favor.

I do think a "contact" means something . I have seen many 6speeders give a referral and I have never seen one where a problem arose .
a 'contact' is only good so far as to find you a car to fit your requirements. but come deal-time, you better not count on any 'contact' to look out for your interests.

i've never heard of anybody putting a deposit and not getting it back. that's preposterous. please explain how this can happen when you have a contract?

Old 12-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
a 'contact' is only good so far as to find you a car to fit your requirements. but come deal-time, you better not count on any 'contact' to look out for your interests.

i've never heard of anybody putting a deposit and not getting it back. that's preposterous. please explain how this can happen when you have a contract?
Any business has a profit goal . No one expects a salesperson to hand the keys over for free.

Deposits -I can think of many examples where the hassle of getting a deposit back took a lot of fun oit the experience.

This is his first Porsche . Don't you feel that a smooth transaction makes for a fun experience too ? Shouldn't his first Porsche be a start to finish positive thrill ride?

The big hurdle in his deal is not travel distance but rather the length of time this deal will take which changes the dymamics from an on the spot sale to a lengthy wait .

I can understand waiting with a more rare car like a Turbo , Gt3 etc but a base coupe has reasonable production numbers to have him driving one immediately .

Come to think of it --time is money . If his three month wait faces delay turning into 6 months then his 09 car is nearing 2010 model year .

Old 12-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Porsche561 is infamous around these parts
This is truly an amazing deal. The dealer that gave me the quote didn't give me any lease numbers because the rates and residuals are going to change from now and the time the car arrives. This dealership is an authorized dealership, so I don't see how it wouldn't be legit. The only thing that I am a little concerned about is the rate the dealer will give me once the car comes in. I know I am not able to lock in a rate at this time, but is there a way to put something in a contract saying "I will get the actual rate porsche financial is offering at the time the car arrives" so he won't raise the rate? Should I maybe consider buying the car from him at the price quoted, but use LeaseCompare.com to lease the car?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche561
This is truly an amazing deal. The dealer that gave me the quote didn't give me any lease numbers because the rates and residuals are going to change from now and the time the car arrives. This dealership is an authorized dealership, so I don't see how it wouldn't be legit. The only thing that I am a little concerned about is the rate the dealer will give me once the car comes in. I know I am not able to lock in a rate at this time, but is there a way to put something in a contract saying "I will get the actual rate porsche financial is offering at the time the car arrives" so he won't raise the rate? Should I maybe consider buying the car from him at the price quoted, but use LeaseCompare.com to lease the car?
If they have that car , on time , at that price .... with no snags ... I would buy it !!!!
But then again I would change one thing ..I'd make it an "S" because you would plan to keep it for a longer time than if it was leased PLUS you will never get a price like this again .

Old 12-12-2008, 10:14 PM
My current car lease ends in March, which is why I started looking into ordering a porsche. I knew if I ordered a porsche soon it would come in around March right when my current lease ends. i kind of got sidetracked with the ordering a car idea because many people told me to look into the option of getting a car on a lot today because I would get an a deal that I wouldn't be able to turn down since 1) its the end of the year 2) the economy SUCKS and dealers aren't selling cars 3) the rates and residuals are better now then they will be in the future for 09 cars. So it was my original plan to get a car in march and order a car around this time.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 PM
If they have that car , on time , at that price .... with no snags ... I would buy it !!!!
But then again I would change one thing ..I'd make it an "S" because you would plan to keep it for a longer time than if it was leased PLUS you will never get a price like this again .
I would be ordering the car, and I would change a few options from the one I listed above, but the MSRP would be $200 cheaper, but I would still be getting the same discount. I don't want to get a "S" because it will be more money and this car puts me exactly where I was "dreaming/hoping" to be.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:26 PM
I would be ordering the car, and I would change a few options from the one I listed above, but the MSRP would be $200 cheaper, but I would still be getting the same discount. I don't want to get a "S" because it will be more money and this car puts me exactly where I was "dreaming/hoping" to be.
You specd a beautiful car . I just hope that it all goes your way from this point with the deal . I think that being young and having your first Porsche you deserve that it's a special experience .

Old 12-13-2008, 06:37 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
Maybe that "amazing deal" was one of those cars that crashed in the train in Germany, ha ha! I got 5% off my 09' and am happy with that.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:14 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
I would be ordering the car, and I would change a few options from the one I listed above...
If you order now, that is at the very best a Feb build with a late Mar or April delivery.

Curious: Do you also plan on using a trade in? If so, is that accounted for in the deal yet?

I wish you the best and hope you get the exact car you want, but let me go on record saying the deal you were quoted (as it appears on the face of it) is not the one you will wind up with. Net/net. Not enough profit in the car for them to sell at that discount.

There is another thread on a Porsche forum about a deal that just self-destructed once the ordered car was ready for delivery. A very sad situation.

Cash deal, no trade, drive it off the lot, signed/sealed/delivered? I will believe it. Otherwise it is too subject to fudge factors.

Or the dealer will be out of business. Or the salesman will be fired. Or Or Or.

In any event best of luck and hope it all works out.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by sayboy
If you order now, that is at the very best a Feb build with a late Mar or April delivery.

Curious: Do you also plan on using a trade in? If so, is that accounted for in the deal yet?

I wish you the best and hope you get the exact car you want, but let me go on record saying the deal you were quoted (as it appears on the face of it) is not the one you will wind up with. Net/net. Not enough profit in the car for them to sell at that discount.

There is another thread on a Porsche forum about a deal that just self-destructed once the ordered car was ready for delivery. A very sad situation.

Cash deal, no trade, drive it off the lot, signed/sealed/delivered? I will believe it. Otherwise it is too subject to fudge factors.

Or the dealer will be out of business. Or the salesman will be fired. Or Or Or.

In any event best of luck and hope it all works out.

You hit the nail right on the head .

Old 12-13-2008, 09:29 AM
wjh911 is infamous around these partswjh911 is infamous around these parts
I am very interested in a 09 911 S or Turbo and I have been following this thread with interest.
I think the biggest thing for me is not getting too excited when I get close to closing on one. I need to be able to walk away if I don't feel right about the deal.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:37 AM
mass is infamous around these parts
Maybe someone else can advise on this. I have never bought a car this way . If you order the car you have to leave a deposit and now your deal becomes a three month adventure . What if they dangle you for months with excuses ? What if some other guy offers them 1000 bucks more and they sell your car from under you to him having to re order it? What if you find a better deal in the interim ? How easy would it be to get your deposit back?

To me there comes a point where the stress exceeds the savings . Maybe that's just my style .

My feeling is that if you can pin that dealership to a car they have in stock to an abolute figure , fly up and lease .. then let me be the first to say congrats . But the flip side of waiting months with an out of state deposit on a car which isn't on the lot leaves me with uncertainty..

Those are all valid points and I have seen dealers take your deposit then make excuses about the delay of your car and really sell it to another person. That is why I will reiterate what I said before, you buy books online, not Porsches.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: discount on 2009 911s