997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

discount on 2009 911s

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:40 AM
mass is infamous around these parts
I got 4% off in South CA and was one of the first deliveries. And, it came 2 weeks earlier than initially expected, and I got a bunch of free stuff, and I know the GM, and it's close to my house and the sale took me 15 minutes.

Is that enough ands for you?

Old 12-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
how about OTD price at MSRP? is this bad?
OTD meaning all the tax, title, etc included. no additional cost at all.
I think that the "x amount over invoice" is quite meaningless if you are getting a loan.
If you are leasing...you might want to figure out the monthly payment...

I mean it's the first step to negotiate when you purchase a car but you can really get hit when you finance and etc...

Correct me if I am wrong.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:49 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wjh911
I am very interested in a 09 911 S or Turbo and I have been following this thread with interest.
I think the biggest thing for me is not getting too excited when I get close to closing on one. I need to be able to walk away if I don't feel right about the deal.

I know of a Turbo which is in impeccable shape It was my friends car and the dealership has sat on the car for months probably due to the economy . I can;t believe they still have it unless the inventory online is not updated . He pampered his car as much or even more than I do .. It's an 07 white Turbo and the only option it lacks that i think would be nice is the axle lock differential . It's in Northern California at a dealership and has under 5K miles. It is an absolutely beautiful car without a blemish or issue. I even tried to talk him into keeping it but it made no sense to keep a car that he hardly drove.

You know how I feel about out of state purchases but this car is worth the trip unless you want to pay 40 or 50 K more for a new 09 or buy an 07 where the previous history is unknown. New is new but this is as close to a new car that one can get.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mass
I got 4% off in South CA and was one of the first deliveries. And, it came 2 weeks earlier than initially expected, and I got a bunch of free stuff, and I know the GM, and it's close to my house and the sale took me 15 minutes.

Is that enough ands for you?
Those are very good "ands"! We should all have "ands" like that

I think the early delivery is the best. 15 minutes is also very nice. Lack of "Hassle Factor" most definitely has a value. At least if you are like me an have enough other crap to deal with! ha!

Congrats

Old 12-13-2008, 12:45 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Enilder
how about OTD price at MSRP? is this bad?
OTD meaning all the tax, title, etc included. no additional cost at all.
I think that the "x amount over invoice" is quite meaningless if you are getting a loan.
If you are leasing...you might want to figure out the monthly payment...

I mean it's the first step to negotiate when you purchase a car but you can really get hit when you finance and etc...

Correct me if I am wrong.
Those should all be "fixed costs" known up front and not variable. To me, I try to pin down the variables (MSRP) while considering the other stuff as contributing to the net of the deal.

Besides, discounting for tax (in my city) in CA is 8.75% right off the bat!

And to discuss the deal outside of your specific geographic area, only MSRP discount (or invoice +) is germane as the other factors are unknown to others reading your post.

As far as loan or lease, these need to be considered on their own merits, separately. Some could get a loan at a local credit union for a great rate vs. a dealer loan that is "padded" to allow the dealer an additional profit source (not saying that is bad, but that is how it works)

A deal has to be broken out into its individual components if you are to truly determine and understand the value of the total package.

Helps to be an analytical person... hehe

Old 12-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Porsche561 is infamous around these parts
I asked the dealer that offered me the amazing quote to price out a lease if I was to purchase the car today. This was his reply:

Here are the preliminary numbers for the 2009 Porsche Carrera. The payments were worked up with $5,000.00 total down. The payment is about $991.00 (including tax and tags) for a 48 month lease. This payment is assuming the credit is excellent and $5,000.00 due at signing.

What do you guys think? Sounds very good to me!

Old 12-13-2008, 04:59 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porsche561
I asked the dealer that offered me the amazing quote to price out a lease if I was to purchase the car today. This was his reply:

Here are the preliminary numbers for the 2009 Porsche Carrera. The payments were worked up with $5,000.00 total down. The payment is about $991.00 (including tax and tags) for a 48 month lease. This payment is assuming the credit is excellent and $5,000.00 due at signing.

48 months is a long time and with 5K down by the time its over you have nearly paid the car. I know that you are focusing on things like the discount buyout price or the low monthly payment (under 1000) but leases are usually short term .

Old 12-13-2008, 07:12 PM
jtellez is infamous around these parts
guys,

if you buy the same car in Mexico you save 24% just because of the exchange rate incentives from Porsche de Mexico

The exchange rate Peso-US Dollar is 13.6 but Porsche de Mexico gives a incentive rate of 10.90... huge saving

what i dont know if how NAFTA works for you to import it to Canada or the USA from Mexico... and also guarantee issues

Old 12-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by jtellez
guys,

if you buy the same car in Mexico you save 24% just because of the exchange rate incentives from Porsche de Mexico

The exchange rate Peso-US Dollar is 13.6 but Porsche de Mexico gives a incentive rate of 10.90... huge saving

what i dont know if how NAFTA works for you to import it to Canada or the USA from Mexico... and also guarantee issues

We probably face import taxes even though Porsche has a presence in Mexico . I recall reading this recent thread so I found it for you . BTW welcome to 6speed. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...appenings.html

Old 12-13-2008, 08:11 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
The payments were worked up with $5,000.00 total down. The payment is about $991.00
This sounds like a nice house, where is it located?

Old 12-13-2008, 08:23 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts

i would check the interest rate he's giving you. you might still be able to eke out a better payment if you shop around a bit. either way, you are definitely getting a great deal as is!

Old 12-13-2008, 08:27 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
$52,560 after 48 months.
is this a lease?
if it's a finance deal, please tell us how much is the residual price!

Old 12-14-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
$52,560 after 48 months.
is this a lease?
if it's a finance deal, please tell us how much is the residual price!
Just for fun to draw a comparison .... on 6speed in the BMW section I just read a post where a guy walked into his dealership and walked away with a 108K M6 leased for two years . Smooth transaction and simple . He sounds happy as can be. The price ? 2500 down and 995 a month . I would call this a "great deal" .

Ok -- different cars but look at the huge gap in price , downpayment, and timeline .

BMW leasing as well as many competitors offer the types of programs which make their cars affordable but with Porsche it's not the same .

52K to rent a car is a lot of money especially when the car costs 73K (after his discounts) . He would have to follow mileage restrictions , repair criteria (BMW is "free") , and disposition fee --PLUS he has to drive 24 hours to get this ?

I love Porsches .. but there has to be a point where an item prices itself out of the market .

Imagine 40 months from now if he leased it today --he's still paying the 991 and might have to replace tires , a clutch , brakes, routine service, worry about miles, fix a scratch or a ding and hand back the car plus some disposal fee ? This is adding up .

Old 12-14-2008, 01:46 AM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
porsche 561-you are getting some good advice here, but a lot of it is disorganized and some of it is highly conservative. if i remember correctly, the dealer is offering the car to you for about $73,000, a $13,000 discount. i would just specify that in your sales contract. i would also add in the contract that leasing and loan rates would be at the prevailing rates from porsche credit at the time of the sale. financing can be complicated, as the dealer commonly adds profit to both leasing and loans, through changing the interest rate in both loans and leases-that is why you want to specify "prevailing rates from porsche financial at the time of closing for people with tier 1 (best) credit" at that time, if i were you, i would find a friend who is experienced in both lease and financing to help you, as you seem a bit confused about both. for now, you should just concern yourself with getting the car for the discount noted, then getting a sales contract with the above financing phrase specified in it, then wait for your car to come in and during that period of time, learn more about lease/finance options so that you get the best option after the car is delivered. the 48 month lease with money down that you quote might not be the best option-we mostly try to keep leases to no longer than 36-39 months. many times, the money factor works out so that the monthly payment is similar at 36 and 48 months, so you would be better at the shorter term. just get the contract signed for the aformentioned price along with the financing stipulationsfor now.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:29 AM
porscheman1963 is infamous around these parts
Just ordered a C4S Cab in the DC Area for 5 % off

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: discount on 2009 911s