997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

OEM Short Shift Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:51 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
OEM Short Shift Kit Installed

I am bored and thought I would just write up a quick review....

I took my new to me 997S in for its 2yr service last week and was talked into the OEM SSK. An SSK was on my list of things to do in the future and with a 20% discount I decided to go for it. Price is still way above some of the other options like B&M but OEM gives me peace of mind.

After the install I would say the feel of the shifter has not changed much, its just a shorter throw and the gear selection is a little more knotchy or confident! Its not a night and day difference which I like since the stock shifter is so great (at least compared to my BMW's). Overall I am very pleased with the purchase.

Jason

Old 12-10-2008, 04:06 PM
schicago is infamous around these parts
Congatulations. Do you find it difficult to put the car into 1st gear after waiting for a light?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:17 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by schicago
Do you find it difficult to put the car into 1st gear after waiting for a light?
No, PDK does that automatically.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:30 PM
babymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MelsM3
No, PDK does that automatically.

Aren't we talking about a short shifter? PDK has nothing to do with this...And, yes at times the shifter gets abit sticky at first gear, usually at a light.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by babymd
Aren't we talking about a short shifter? PDK has nothing to do with this...And, yes at times the shifter gets abit sticky at first gear, usually at a light.
Did you note the ?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:59 PM
babymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to behold
yeap. missed the

Old 12-10-2008, 05:00 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
It takes a little more effort sometimes to get into 1st but its worth it.

Jason

Old 12-10-2008, 07:13 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
JEllis - I really like the short throw . My 997S I added it like you did but my Turbo came with it . I wish it was standard because as you have pointed out (paraphrasing) --it's comfortable.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:17 AM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
love my SSK..Enjoy!

Old 12-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Redlined has a spectacular aura aboutRedlined has a spectacular aura about
I ordered my 7S with it, huge difference from the normal 996.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:36 PM
topspd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by schicago
Congatulations. Do you find it difficult to put the car into 1st gear after waiting for a light?
I sometimes have that problem too and I have the OEM SSK as well. I usually end up releasing the clutch, then re-engaging it, then the shifter will slide right into first. I think this would occasionally happen before I got the SSK though.