997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 C4S and P40

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:48 AM
ir_fuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdrums
I wanted these seat in my 09 too. They look awesome plus they retain the side air bag too. However I got to try them out in the new GT2 before I bought them and they sit up way too high for me and do not go back as far as the stock or sport seats. The top of my head was rubbing the roof liner and my knee was jammed into the steering wheel and dash. ARRRGH!
How big are you (if you don't mind telling )?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:05 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ir_fuel
How big are you (if you don't mind telling )?
6'5" tall, pants/jeans are a 34" inseam 38 waist but they fit very lose. height weight proportionate somewhat slender build at 230lbs...If I still had my entire left leg I would weight around 250lbs.

It was not even close for me to fit in the GT2 bucket seats. My salesman and I guessed you need to be at 6'2" max and slender build to fit comfortable and that might still be pushing it depending on your body. If you are 5"10-6'1 slender build you will fit fine in these GT2 bucket seats.

I choose the sport seats and they are super comfortable and go lower and farther back than the bucket seats.

Remember the bucket seats and sport seats are totally different and sit on a different track. The buckets can not be raised or lowered like the stock or sport seats can by the manual pump or electric power seats option. Also the bucket seats back rest angle is NOT adjustable.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
6'5" tall, pants/jeans are a 34" inseam 38 waist but they fit very lose. height weight proportionate somewhat slender build at 230lbs...If I still had my entire left leg I would weight around 250lbs.

It was not even close for me to fit in the GT2 bucket seats. My salesman and I guessed you need to be at 6'2" max and slender build to fit comfortable and that might still be pushing it depending on your body. If you are 5"10-6'1 slender build you will fit fine in these GT2 bucket seats.

I choose the sport seats and they are super comfortable and go lower and farther back than the bucket seats.

Remember the bucket seats and sport seats are totally different and sit on a different track. The buckets can not be raised or lowered like the stock or sport seats can by the manual pump or electric power seats option. Also the bucket seats back rest angle is NOT adjustable.
mdrums,
You are so right about these seats, If size and max comfort (heated seats also) are a concern, the 'Sports' seats are the way to go.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 AM
1st997s is infamous around these parts
Dave ... thx for all the photos...your car looks sik...just ordered the P40 in gloss charcoal for my arctic silver 997s

Old 12-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm 5"9 and quite slim so I guess it wont be much of an issue

Old 12-28-2008, 12:55 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I'm 5"9 and quite slim so I guess it wont be much of an issue
It fits me like a pair of glove but my wallet doesn't have enough dead president to buy a pair.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
It fits me like a pair of glove but my wallet doesn't have enough dead president to buy a pair.
On my current order (yes finally managed to place the order! When I first posted here on this forum I was just gathering info) i specced the adaptive sports-seats + seat-heating.
Considering the fact that you cannot have seat heating on the bucket seats, changing the order to those hardly changes the total price of the car.

One remark I heard is concerning resale. Car could be harder to sell come resale.

(but boy, am I getting off-topic here )

Old 12-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Love those wheels. Had looked at them online but your pics really show them at their best. Question though, my '07 C4S have the stock Lobster Claw wheels with an offset of 51 in the back and they pretty much fill out the wheel wells. How is it that yours, at 35, do the same thing without sticking much further out than stock ?

Old 12-28-2008, 01:23 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
On my current order (yes finally managed to place the order! When I first posted here on this forum I was just gathering info) i specced the adaptive sports-seats + seat-heating.
Considering the fact that you cannot have seat heating on the bucket seats, changing the order to those hardly changes the total price of the car.

One remark I heard is concerning resale. Car could be harder to sell come resale.

Are you planning to keep your adaptive seats? If so, you can put them back in when you plan on selling the car. Where did you end up ordering the seats? Post some pics when you get them. Congrats....

Old 12-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Are you planning to keep your adaptive seats? If so, you can put them back in when you plan on selling the car. Where did you end up ordering the seats? Post some pics when you get them. Congrats....
Nah, since I have quite some time before the car gets produced, if I really like the buckets seats I'll change the spec.

Getting them both would be a bit over budget

Old 12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
911is is infamous around these parts
I love the wheels

Old 12-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dadio
Love those wheels. Had looked at them online but your pics really show them at their best. Question though, my '07 C4S have the stock Lobster Claw wheels with an offset of 51 in the back and they pretty much fill out the wheel wells. How is it that yours, at 35, do the same thing without sticking much further out than stock ?
I really have no clue on offsets , I just went with what was the recommended sizes for the 997 widebodies.

Originally Posted by 1st997s
Dave ... thx for all the photos...your car looks sik...just ordered the P40 in gloss charcoal for my arctic silver 997s
Thanks, don't forget the pics when you get the new wheels

Old 12-28-2008, 06:44 PM

You've got to spec it your way and enjoy it, why worry about resale, you know your going to lose money on resale... it's not an investment !

Old 12-28-2008, 06:46 PM
1st997s is infamous around these parts
Will get the pics up as soon as i get them mounted...did you do it yourself, use a P dealer or a local tire guy?

Old 12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Nah, since I have quite some time before the car gets produced, if I really like the buckets seats I'll change the spec.

Getting them both would be a bit over budget
If I have a choice, I'll definitely get the GT2 seats. When is the projected date for the car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 C4S and P40