997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just bought a set of black 20" Avus wheels for my white 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:21 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Just bought a set of black 20" Avus wheels for my white 997S

Special thanks to BlaktOut who not only gave me a great deal, but drove 3 hours to my house and mounted them on my car for me. If anyone's interested in buying his other parts go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Here's for sale list: I'm about to totally change up my car again.

The wheels are flawless and look amazing in person. I also bought a Fabspeed exhaust from him and couldn't be happier!

Attached Images      
Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I am glad that you picked them up from Jared. I wonder if he is coming to help Justatoy install the SC kit.

I hate to be the first, but you need to lower your car, or at least spray your wheel wells black. Just my 2 cents.

Congrats on the new shoes!

Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Looks really nice!! Enjoy.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:43 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks! From what I've seen (custom side skirts) I think Justatoy is capable of installing it all by himself with 1 arm tied behind his back.

Yes, I know I need to lower it. The gap is actually slightly smaller now than in the pics after the shocks settled a little bit...

Old 12-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Kaz
Kaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the rough
They look really good.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
nice change, by the way what wing is that, looks really good

Old 12-17-2008, 10:56 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice. Gives a more sinister, purposeful look. Good choice, congrats!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:13 PM
pnutty is infamous around these parts
Jared is a great guy to deal with, i wonder if he can drop off parts to CA for me =P
hahaha. lookin good with the avus wheels!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:56 PM
ATL
Thanks for the compliments guys.

It's amazing just how much the wheels transform the car, esp when you go with black. I keep staring at it in amazement wondering if it's the same car.

I have a GT2M Misha Wing, he's a board sponsor, good quality product and it looks great in person. Jared is the man, I'm lucky he lives nearby, I've had red carpet service buying his parts.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Very good choice on wheels.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:40 PM
aika is infamous around these parts
Not a fan of black wheels. I'm jealous of your garage size though.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Nice wheels. I bought a set for the RS4. I thought Avus was out of business?
I wish you eternally better luck and experience than me.
The wheels did not hold well at all. The chrome began to pit and I developed chronic leaks. I was told that I had nobody to turn to since they no longer existed.

Again I hope none of this is in effect for you. I wish you the best of luck and enjoyment with the wheels.

Ranger

Old 12-17-2008, 11:17 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Ranger,

Yep. Avus is out of business. I hate to hear that you had bad luck with them. I bought these in '06 ($6800 plus tires). Had them custom made, of course. They were very good to me. As far as I can say, they're bulletproof. I had no issues.

Take care,

Jared

Old 12-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Kurt_OH is infamous around these partsKurt_OH is infamous around these parts
Those are very sharp wheels. They look racy and light. Do you know if they're any lighter than the wheels they replaced?

BTW, what are you doing with the original set? I'm not in the market, just curious.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:44 AM
ATL
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
Those are very sharp wheels. They look racy and light. Do you know if they're any lighter than the wheels they replaced?

BTW, what are you doing with the original set? I'm not in the market, just curious.
Thanks Kurt, these wheels are a lot more aggressive than my previous ones which were more for show. I'm actually selling them for cheap so PM me if you (or anyone out there) is interested. They're pretty much brand new.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just bought a set of black 20" Avus wheels for my white 997S