997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:40 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
It seems that the charger still hits my deck-lid a tiny bit.
It is really tight in that engine bay.

What I did was take a small socket,tape it up(tape helps stop scratches),apply a couple of layers of tape to where I wanted to make room on the deck-lid and then gently massaged the inner deck-lid by hitting the socket into it.There is no way to tell it was done.
Sounds alot worse than it is...I just hope that I did it enough!
I will also be applying a small bit Dyno-mat(sound deadening material) to help cushion it if it does decide to touch!

I just realized also that you can play with the bump stops on the deck-lid creating a bit more room 1/16" or so,maybe I didn't need to do tis after-all.

*****My understanding is that most cars have the clearance*****

Each car and installer will have some degree of differences.

Trunk closed

One more mod left to do and I will be joining or starting a group for people
"Addicted to Mods".......and the first step is admitting "you have a problem"...I do,LOL !

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-26-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
"Hi, my name is Stacy, and I'm a modaholic."

Old 01-26-2009, 04:55 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
WARNING!!! Pull the fuel pump fuse and crank the engine over a few times and then check install. Particularly belt alignment, compressor mounting and oil feed connections. Water and fuel connections can be tested just by turning the key to the on position.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:56 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I will have to join mods anonymous.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:06 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
I will have to join mods anonymous.
I'm not joining, I either don't have a problem or I am in denial. Either way joining means I want to stop!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:10 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I'm not joining, I either don't have a problem or I am in denial. Either way joining means I want to stop!
Ed, you should be the founding member of modaholics anonymous. Correction, make that simply "modaholics". There is nothing anonymous about it, especially with the exhaust system you have.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S

Don't necessarily need to stop, just admit you have a problem, it's the first step

Old 01-26-2009, 05:14 PM
OK, who just registered the domain name.....

www.modaholics.com

Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Don't necessarily need to stop, just admit you have a problem, it's the first step
I don't have a problem. I decide on a mod, source the parts, do the mod. No problem!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:26 PM
OK, who just registered the domain name.....

www.modaholics.com
I'll bet it was Stacy or Ed. They're more resourceful than I am. If I had thought of it I would have tried.

Sorry Stacy, we seem to have hijacked your thread. Now back to our regular programming.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Ed, you should be the founding member of modaholics anonymous. Correction, make that simply "modaholics". There is nothing anonymous about it, especially with the exhaust system you have.
I would have to respectfully decline this offer. I am no where near as bad as some others. I haven't done one cosmetic mod, the mods I have done are all about going faster around the track! Now if there is a track rats anonymous I might admit there is something that needs some support for. If you know of one let me know, you can find me at the track!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Cool website www.modaholics.com ))

Old 01-26-2009, 05:37 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
"Hi, my name is Stacy, and I'm a modaholic."
Listen to my words,"This is the last car I build"!....Ken when you buy my car,LOL,I will be cured!

Stacy

Old 01-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
WARNING!!! Pull the fuel pump fuse and crank the engine over a few times and then check install. Particularly belt alignment, compressor mounting and oil feed connections. Water and fuel connections can be tested just by turning the key to the on position.
Great advice,AGAIN,and I will do!
I still need to send my ECU in to them for the upgrade...so it will be a bit yet!

Stacy

Old 01-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
and.. did you put the inline resistor before the maf signal.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)