997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:12 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redridge
and.. did you put the inline resistor before the maf signal.....
I try not to do wire...a friend of mine with a stereo shop is stopping by tomorrow to take a look!
Once done...I will add fluids !!!

Stacy

Old 01-27-2009, 08:07 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Woo hoo!

Old 01-28-2009, 04:49 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
I cant wait to see this done. I hope MANY videos follow.....

Old 01-28-2009, 05:31 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Here are the proto-type IC line holders.
I am changing them up a bit from this design!
But for viewing here is a pic:

Last edited by justatoy; 01-28-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:35 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
That look sooooo good.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:06 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
They're looking great Stacy. Very professional. Can't wait to see how you plan to improve on them.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
I have to say you are the man. Very impressive!!!!!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
looks good... dont forget to loctite that bracket.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
REXXX has a spectacular aura aboutREXXX has a spectacular aura about
They do look good. You must have good connections.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I just want to say that I am totally impressed with the quality of your work, your eye for proper design, and your patient pursuit of perfection. I am completely envious of your skills and it's a worthy goal for my forthcoming car (and other) projects.
My wife of course unknowingly despises you in that she thinks I'm already over-the-top on my perfection-seeking activities.
Great to be able to observe your work.
Oh and does your friend have the facilities to machine titanium (the material of choice for the auto cognescetti)?

Originally Posted by justatoy
I was trying to figure out a different way to hold the IC lines(other than with zap ties) and phoned a friend in Phoenix and we came up with an idea!
We still need to machine in the bolt holes which will be stainless cap head bolts but here they are!

They will ELIMINATE the zap ties in this pic!

Cool idea?

Stacy

Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Verde
I just want to say that I am totally impressed with the quality of your work, your eye for proper design, and your patient pursuit of perfection. I am completely envious of your skills and it's a worthy goal for my forthcoming car (and other) projects.
My wife of course unknowingly despises you in that she thinks I'm already over-the-top on my perfection-seeking activities.
Great to be able to observe your work.
Oh and does your friend have the facilities to machine titanium (the material of choice for the auto cognescetti)?
Yup he does titanium.
And thanks for the compliments.I just enjoy designing custom parts and making things just a bit better!
I know the zap ties would work fine but I just wasn't happy with them!
Same as the bodykit I built,had Techart sides,and just thought I could build something I like more.Techarts fit fantastic but I wanted something different!
As far as machining parts,helps when your friend has a C&C.Only problem I have is getting the ideas through to him....he doesn't listen very well,LOL!
Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-28-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:25 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Stacy: Not trying to put any pressure on you or anything, but you're now over 5800 views with this subject. A lot of us are counting on you to keep us entertained (and informed) here. Keep it coming. We enjoy seeing a job so well done, especially when it is you (not any of us) that is spending hours under the car and dealing with all the challenges. Keep it up and I may have to have that car!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
While I'm incredibly impressed with what you've done so far, you do realize that the kit works just fine just the way it is from VF right?

Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redridge
people have relocated the air filter, but Im with 1999 on this... dont waste your time. There is no difference as far as temp is concerned... the intercooler does a fantastic job cooling the air intake temp. As for maintence... having the filter there still doesnt give you the room for easy access and still have to do some juggling.

here is a relocated filter...

Who's car is this?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
While I'm incredibly impressed with what you've done so far, you do realize that the kit works just fine just the way it is from VF right?
Like many of us, Stacy isn't a "good enough" kind of guy. He enjoys trying to make improvements where he can.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)