997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Who's car is this?
not sure... I thought it was Jim at first since the injection pump is gone... but he has a taco wing.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
pnutty is infamous around these parts
My goodness stacy, I havent looked @ this thread for a cple of days now and for you to be fab'ing these pieces is amazing. Very very well put together buddy.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:00 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Stacy for President 2012!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:08 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Sorry but he is property of the Canadian People!

Last I heard you have to be American to run for President.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Like many of us, Stacy isn't a "good enough" kind of guy. He enjoys trying to make improvements where he can.
Good enough is exactly that.....
I just enjoy modding/improving upon things!
I actually like doing this more than I like driving the car....CRAZY....I know!

Stacy: Keep it up and I may have to have that car!
I may have to add a little to the price....for the custom parts and supercharger install,LOL!

Originally Posted by deputydog95
While I'm incredibly impressed with what you've done so far, you do realize that the kit works just fine just the way it is from VF right?
Yeah I know!
And an amazing job they have done!
Couldn't imagine designing this kit....props to them!

Originally Posted by pnutty
My goodness stacy, I havent looked @ this thread for a cple of days now and for you to be fab'ing these pieces is amazing. Very very well put together buddy.
Thank-you!It's what I do...
Lots more trinkets for the car are coming!

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Do not know what to say to this.....THANKS?!

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Sorry but he is property of the Canadian People!

Last I heard you have to be American to run for President.
Until something goes wrong,LOL!

Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Get my deck-lid shield on today and go to close the trunk.......doesn't close!
Hitting the air intake pipe....$#@#@....(tape part)
Panic sets in,stress level jumps and on the phone to Sean at VF.....Sorry Sean,LOL!
I also contact IAPorscheDoc(Karl)....

Sean and Karl confirm my next move.....cut the pipe where it goes over the intake of the charger.I cut off a little better than 1/4"...
Stick a rag in the end to stop all the plastic cuttings from going in and also rinse out REAL good!

Do this and re-install but not before changing the cap head bolts off the shield.I didn't get those with the used kit but I do believe new bolts are included with a new kit.Again can fault anyone for this,pretty tough to remove a used kit of this magnatude with no instructions and not miss something!Anyway,the factory bolts are a very tall headed bolt.I swapped them out for these...

Once installed I TRY and close the decklid......
IT CLOSES!

Again.....THANKS to Sean(VF),Karl(IAPorscheDoc) and Jim(1999Porsche911)
Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-29-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Congrats, I know the anger/stress feeling.

How many F Bombs did you drop?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! You'll be driving it in no time! Now to get that ECU out from below the cab top

Old 01-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Congrats, I know the anger/stress feeling.

How many F Bombs did you drop?
Lost count...NO KIDDING...My neighbors are probably scratchin' their heads from the yelling coming from my garage,LOL!

Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
Awesome! You'll be driving it in no time! Now to get that ECU out from below the cab top
UHHHM,not getting my hopes up yet!
Everytime I do... something comes along to cause the blood pressure to jump,LOL!
I still need to wire the relay and water-pump...where(route taken) did you guys run the wire?

Stacy

Old 01-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
Lost count...NO KIDDING...My neighbors are probably scratchin' their heads from the yelling coming from my garage,LOL!
I have had days like that too! Everything will work out. Besides it is too cold and wet for you to drive it anyway.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Stacy,
I spoke to a guy here in ATL, who says his race shop (well known and reputable) can install a VF-E SC in 3 days. He's done them on M3's, never on a 911. I think they're nuts, since the most reputable shops say at leat a week.
Thoughts?
CATTMAN

Old 01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Cattman
Stacy,
I spoke to a guy here in ATL, who says his race shop (well known and reputable) can install a VF-E SC in 3 days. He's done them on M3's, never on a 911. I think they're nuts, since the most reputable shops say at leat a week.
Thoughts?
CATTMAN
1st one will be tough...figuring where to run the lines and etc. takes a ton of time!
2nd one would be a 'cake walk' I think,but 3 days....

I do not want to insult 'The shop' but if they could I would love to see it,especially for the 1st one !
I just can't see it unless they have 3 people working on it ,time for each person 8 hours then maybe !?

But if you would have asked me if I could do this a month ago,I would have laughed!
Anything is possible.....

Stacy

PS buy the charger and take him up on it......install may be cheap but make sure the quote is in writing!

Last edited by justatoy; 01-29-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:30 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Like many of us, Stacy isn't a "good enough" kind of guy. He enjoys trying to make improvements where he can.
It's not about being good enough. The kit works great as is. If it doesn't offer a performance or functionality improvement, I say why bother? My hoses aren't kinked and I seriously doubt there would a perceptible gain by the intercooler lines being near the coolant lines. Not to mention no one can see these extra details anyway if you were approaching it from a car show perspective. I am enjoying this thread though. It's fun watching this project progress.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:33 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Stacy,
Thoughts?
CATTMAN
That's ridiculous. It should be able to be done in less than 15 hours, or roughly two days. I think they are quoting a week so that they can work on more than one car at a time by doing a little here and there. If you're paying 40 hours to get your blower installed your getting raped. Stacy is learning as he goes so of course it's going to take way longer. My shop had my buttoned up and running in a couple days. Although it was not their first blower.

Last edited by deputydog95; 01-29-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
DD,
So you think it's reasonable for a reputable shop with VF-E experience, and plenty of 997 experience (albeit not VF-E in a 997) to do it in 2-3 days, or 40 hrs labor?
CATTMAN

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)