997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I did over 10,000 views on the "wheels and bodykit"....
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-bodykit.html
We will make it,especially when I come down to Irvine and dyno the car!
There may be a before and after dyno with a plenum installed!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 02-10-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
If anyone else is interested in pick up a kit, I know where there is a great condition, used, low mileage 997S kit available. Car is being sold, so was put back to stock. Very affordable. PM me if interested.

Last edited by IAPorscheDoc; 02-11-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:20 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Well....STARTED IT UP today!
Sorry not much in the way of pics so kind of a boring post.(had to post Ken,LOL).
Anyway,
Idled great,cold first turn(10 mins or so)!
Shut it down to check for leaks.....tried to start it back up and no go..

Managed to get in touch with Karl and while we were going over a few things,checking for air leaks,we took a look at the wire for the resistor(MAF).
I unplugged it to do the check plugged it back in a started great and idled great.I guess I didn't have the MAF pushed all the way down!
Started it up again(on jack-stands still),let it warm up and then brought RPM's up.......my question is.....is it possible that this car got a whole bunch louder?
I know that more air flow will generate more sound,but I never anticipated it could sound this mean!
And I haven't even put it under load !!!!!

So just putting panels(bumpers) back together right now!

Sorry guys...boring post....but I am a tad bit excited right now and had to post!!

Stacy

PS thank goodness it is after lunch here.....my first toast with a Stoli elite and soda!

Last edited by justatoy; 02-15-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:27 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
NOT BORING, bro! I'm so loving to hear that you've got it running! Woo hoo!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:29 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Stacy: You're allowed to have a toast to your success regardless of the time of day. Glad to hear your installation is essentially complete and I can't wait to experience the car in person next time we get together. We'll have to arrange a premium spot for you at Cars & Coffee when you come down.

Congratulations on a job exceedingly well executed.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:38 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Stacy: You're allowed to have a toast to your success regardless of the time of day. Glad to hear your installation is essentially complete and I can't wait to experience the car in person next time we get together. We'll have to arrange a premium spot for you at Cars & Coffee when you come down.

Ken,

I saw your car at C&C a few weeks ago! I do not know if you are aware or not but the rules for C&C have changed. In a nutshell the founders only want pre-1978 cars in the show lot. I guess in response to the growing number of late model cars that overtaking the show. I have not been since the rules of changed but I have seen pics that imply the new rules are not well enforced.

Stacy,

If you come to C&C let us know. I will make a trip up to see your masterpiece!

Jason

Old 02-15-2009, 01:47 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JEllis
Ken,

I saw your car at C&C a few weeks ago! I do not know if you are aware or not but the rules for C&C have changed. In a nutshell the founders only want pre-1978 cars in the show lot. I guess in response to the growing number of late model cars that overtaking the show. I have not been since the rules of changed but I have seen pics that imply the new rules are not well enforced.

Stacy,

Jason
I was at C&C yesterday, and there was no indication that any "filtering" was being done. I drove straight in past the officials, and there were still lots of new unmodified cars like mine there. Perhaps when it picks up (yesterday was pretty sparse) they'll start weeding out some cars to make room for the more interesting ones. I'm not totally against such a move, as there is limited space, and I'd prefer to have fewer plain jane cars taking up space that might be needed for more unusual cars (like Stacy's!). New exotics can be viewed anytime at show-rooms or the valet area of nice restaurants. Hopefully common sense will prevail so that any new rules would allow newer cars that have had decent modifications made (more than aftermarket wheels).

Old 02-15-2009, 02:06 PM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
Awesome getting your first start Stacy. I dont thinks its any louder with the SC. I just think that since all the time has past since the start of the project, you forgot how great its sounded to begin with.

Last edited by hjacobs2000; 02-15-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by blakt out
NOT BORING, bro! I'm so loving to hear that you've got it running! Woo hoo!
Thank-you Jared!

Thanks Ken,
Always a pleasure talking to y ou on the phone!

Originally Posted by JEllis
Stacy,

Jason
I am coming...leaning to first week of April...I will let you know!
I look forward to meeting as many as possible!

I was at C&C yesterday, and there was no indication that any "filtering" was being done. I drove straight in past the officials, and there were still lots of new unmodified cars like mine there. Perhaps when it picks up (yesterday was pretty sparse) they'll start weeding out some cars to make room for the more interesting ones. I'm not totally against such a move, as there is limited space, and I'd prefer to have fewer plain jane cars taking up space that might be needed for more unusual cars (like Stacy's!). New exotics can be viewed anytime at show-rooms or the valet area of nice restaurants. Hopefully common sense will prevail so that any new rules would allow newer cars that have had decent modifications made (more than aftermarket wheels).
Show or no show...just there to meet fellow Porsche guys,if we make the show and see other cars....BONUS!

Originally Posted by hjacobs2000
Awesome getting your first start Stacy. I dont thinks its any louder with the SC. I just think that since all the time has past sin the start of the project, you forgot how great its sounded to begin with.
I was just thinking that!
And with all the senses being a bit more sensitive to all of this,my feelings may just be amplified a bit!

Thanks,
Stacy

Old 02-15-2009, 02:54 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice work Stacy, when are you going to take it out?

PCA has an early morning drive in March. Do you want to come?

Old 02-15-2009, 04:28 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Congrats on the startup. Now it's time to get it down to the dyno to make sure everything is working okay.

The only extra noise I get is from the blower, but it's very subtle.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:56 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
You are one impressive shade tree mechanic. Congrats on the successful startup.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:52 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Congratulation! Impressive! Looking forward to hearing your report on the S/C.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Congrats.... my car is noticeably louder (exhaust wise).... there is alot more air going through the system.... why wouldnt it be louder?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:39 AM
silk is infamous around these partssilk is infamous around these parts
Considerably louder with the SC !?
I have a convertible with the Afterhours sport exhaust, it's already too loud.
I will bring the SC bring to China next week, hope can get it installed ASAP. My mechanic said can do a dyno of before and after.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)