997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:27 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silk
Considerably louder with the SC !?
I have a convertible with the Afterhours sport exhaust, it's already too loud.
I will bring the SC bring to China next week, hope can get it installed ASAP. My mechanic said can do a dyno of before and after.
It is a bit louder upon hittin' the throttle and it should be,
after-all you are putting through alot more air!

I yet to put it under 'load' as it is still on jackstands.
Ordered the Durametric diagnostic software yesterday and picking that up tomorrow.
I plan to put the bodykit (I made) back on this weekend,drop it off of the jackstands,run the Durametric to see if anything jumps out at me(if it tells me anything at all) and go for a rip'!
Man it sounds good!
Here is a pic with the wheels back-on......forgot what it looked like with wheels it has been so long,LOL!

Stacy

Old 02-18-2009, 08:35 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Gotta love that garage floor arrangement. I can't tell if you're a mechanic or a plumber (or both!). Actually, you're a jack of all trades I think, and apparently a master of all. I'm sure you're eager to take it out for that first rip on the weekend. Hope the weather cooperates, as I doubt you would want to run it on wet roads with all that power and no LSD installed yet.
OK, only 63 posts to go for you to break through 10,000 views (again).

Old 02-18-2009, 08:41 PM
silver_6r is infamous around these parts
62 posts.....

when its on the road....i would love to go for a rip.... i havent ever heard or seen a supercharged 911 i will even give you some gas money if you let me drive it for a bit...i have all my credentials and references ready upon request!!

Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Gotta love that garage floor arrangement. I can't tell if you're a mechanic or a plumber (or both!). Actually, you're a jack of all trades I think, and apparently a master of all. I'm sure you're eager to take it out for that first rip on the weekend. Hope the weather cooperates, as I doubt you would want to run it on wet roads with all that power and no LSD installed yet.
OK, only 63 posts to go for you to break through 10,000 views (again).
Those plumbing parts were for the oil catch can I was mocking up....now made from aluminum!
I may get a shop down there(near you) to do the LSD or I may call Weissach here in Vancouver but not sure they will do it since I didn't buy it from them?!
I am hoping the weather will be good for the weekend.
I am a 'jack' alright.....jack-a$$......LOL,ask my wife!

Originally Posted by silver_6r
62 posts.....

when its on the road....i would love to go for a rip.... i havent ever heard or seen a supercharged 911 i will even give you some gas money if you let me drive it for a bit...i have all my credentials and references ready upon request!!

I would be delighted to take you for a ride...NO gas money needed!
As far as driving.....better get me drunk,LOL!
Then you can drive it home for me,LOL!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 02-18-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
What a beautiful vehicle. I cannot wait to hear the update post drive.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Stacy, Congrats on the completion of this little project. I can't believe you want me to show you how to bleed your brakes after you finished this project, but sure!

Ed

Guys we really need to give Stacy Rep points for this thread, this is an amazing documentation of a huge DIY project.

Last edited by NorthVan; 02-18-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:56 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Ed: I'd say the brake bleeding assistance ought to earn you the rights to a test drive with the car. (Sorry Stacy).

Old 02-18-2009, 10:11 PM
silver_6r is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Stacy, Congrats on the completion of this little project. I can't believe you want me to show you how to bleed your brakes after you finished this project, but sure!

Ed

Guys we really need to give Stacy Rep points for this thread, this is an amazing documentation of a huge DIY project.

hey ed.... can you let me know when you are doing this? maybe if you guys have time...we can do mine too...i need to do a complete flush

Old 02-18-2009, 11:20 PM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
props for doing this yourself....I almost love working on my cars more than driving them, I would go nuts on a project like this....hopefully one day I'll tackle it on a P-car of my own!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:18 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Stacy, we're all really excited about the completion of this project. I wish I could go for a ride too. Videos will be a must along with a complete review / driving impressions of the SC vs stock. I gave you rep.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:57 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Lol, we need to take up a collection now, and get Stacy a toolbox!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
awesome Stacy....have fun with the new toy!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by still lost
props for doing this yourself....I almost love working on my cars more than driving them, I would go nuts on a project like this....hopefully one day I'll tackle it on a P-car of my own!
I agree all the fun for me is in doing these mods.....my problem now is,I AM DONE

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Stacy, we're all really excited about the completion of this project. I wish I could go for a ride too. Videos will be a must along with a complete review / driving impressions of the SC vs stock. I gave you rep.
If you ever come to Vancouver look me up and we can go for a rip!
I will have to find someone with a video camera.
Thanks for the rep point!

Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
Lol, we need to take up a collection now, and get Stacy a toolbox!
If you feel the need here is the one I picked out for you guys to buy for me...???!!!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...box-tools.html

Originally Posted by Redridge
awesome Stacy....have fun with the new toy!
Saturday morning,I hope!
Didn't get a chance to pick-up my Durametric program,tomorrow I will though!

A couple of pics.....oh yeah on the floor and ready to roll!!!!
BODYKIT on tonight!

Stacy

Old 02-19-2009, 09:51 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Wow that is one dirty car, how do you live with it?

Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Actually, I think he lives IN it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)