997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
way to go Stacy, by the way your engine bay looks pretty dirty......by your standards, LOL, good luck with the build and please keep us updated as you go on

Old 12-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Delius@VF-Engineering
I love threads like this!

Stacy, I have to say you’re a prime example of a true enthusiast.

BIG UPS !!!

Old 12-19-2008, 10:29 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Dude... Stacy, you are insane for doing this but I love it. After seeing the side skirts you made, I think you're going to be just fine.

Keep us updated. Btw, I thought Jared was going to fly out there and install everything for you?

Old 12-19-2008, 04:56 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
way to go Stacy, by the way your engine bay looks pretty dirty......by your standards, LOL, good luck with the build and please keep us updated as you go on
Yes that engine is 'FILTHY' and you should see the transmission!
I plan on buying some sort of lift next year and going to pressure wash the underneath!

Originally Posted by Delius@VF-Engineering
I love threads like this!

Stacy, I have to say you’re a prime example of a true enthusiast.

BIG UPS !!!
Thank you Delius,but somehow "true enthusiast" didn't come to my head.I was thinking true 'IDIOT',LOL!
But thanks anyway!

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Dude... Stacy, you are insane for doing this but I love it. After seeing the side skirts you made, I think you're going to be just fine.

Keep us updated. Btw, I thought Jared was going to fly out there and install everything for you?
You know I sort of was thinking the same way!I managed to build sideskirts and spats off of this car and not put a mark on it,why can't I get this done?
Some really good advice was given to me last night via a PM "If you get frusturated,just walk away".I did that last night when removing three of the six injectors!(removing and re-installing the injectors was explained to me as the hardest part)
Sunday will be the next three!
Somebody made me get on the injector pulling right-away...UUHHMMM....JARED!
One good thing is that I have all winter to finish the install!
Even if I do one bolt at a time,each day,I still should get this done by next spring.

Another great thing is the unbelievable support behind the threads of
6 SPEED,it's crazy!
I have received more advice,PM's and just moral support than I ever expected!
Thanks to everyone following and helping me along with comments and advice!
I will post more pics soon!

Stacy

BTW- It may not sound like it but I am extremely nervous everytime I touch this car with a wrench !

Last edited by justatoy; 12-19-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:22 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck, have fun...that's what it is suppose to be all about right

Old 12-19-2008, 05:50 PM
PHIL2 is infamous around these parts
subscribing

Old 12-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Delius@VF-Engineering
GOOD POST BUMP!

Old 12-19-2008, 08:31 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Me fly out there to install it???

I paid people... twice.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:59 AM
pnutty is infamous around these parts
Gl with this install!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:12 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Stacy, Has the SC kit shown up yet?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:07 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Stacy, Has the SC kit shown up yet?
No not yet!
It is in HAGERSTOWN, MD !

Expecting it to hit the border around the 30th of this month but with the wicked weather everywhere,that may get delayed.

MAN-O-MAN am I getting excited!
ED,do you want to come over to help,LOL?

Stacy

Old 12-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Stacy, I think I'm able to give you a lift or handing you tools let me know if you need any help!

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:39 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
No not yet!
It is in HAGERSTOWN, MD !

Expecting it to hit the border around the 30th of this month but with the wicked weather everywhere,that may get delayed.

MAN-O-MAN am I getting excited!
ED,do you want to come over to help,LOL?

Stacy
Sure I will drink your beer and tell you that you are doing it all wrong. Otherwise I am not much help with a wrench, I can bleed your brake lines, and change your wheels! Oh yeah I can sit in the driver's seat and make cool car reving sounds (at least my kids like the sounds, wife not so much!)

I will definitely want to see the WIP on this install.

Ed

Old 12-24-2008, 02:51 PM
I was hoping you and Ken were going to come around if the weather was better!
I wanted some unbiased opinions on the bodykit I built and the supercharger install.
Revving sounds WHILE I turn wrenches may be enough to keep me motivated,LOL!

Stacy
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Sure I will drink your beer and tell you that you are doing it all wrong. Otherwise I am not much help with a wrench, I can bleed your brake lines, and change your wheels! Oh yeah I can sit in the driver's seat and make cool car reving sounds (at least my kids like the sounds, wife not so much!)

I will definitely want to see the WIP on this install.

Ed

Old 12-24-2008, 04:07 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
kick ***.
awesome that you are installing it yourself and it will be a beast when its done!! good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)