997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:36 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hjacobs2000
So Stacy ... time to trade it in for a TT. Then you can move over to the Turbo thread and we can watch you bump it up to 700+ HP
By the way, how about some close up shots of the side skirts and rear spats

Howard
LOL,Don't laugh but that is what usually happens...finish one,get bored,sell it and move on to another!
I hope this doesn't happen this time!
I will post some more pics for you in the 'wheels and bodykit' thread

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...7-post113.html

Originally Posted by lig
Congrats on some very impressive work. Well done!!!
Thanks....also thanks for the rep point!

Originally Posted by stardoc
Wow, incredible. I've just recently started back onto this forum and didn't have time to read all 300 posts......but are there any dino numbers coming??
Thank-you,I was quite relieved last night when the reality set in that I did it without any major problems or breaking any parts!
Yeah dyno will happen one day but not until I get down to California or close to where you are,Arizona(Phoenix).I am planning a trip later this year(end of summer) to California and then over to Phoenix.

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 02-22-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Sub
Sub is infamous around these parts
Awesome. Post vids!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:58 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
congrats!!!! a job well done!!
welcome to the club!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Woot woot!

Old 03-07-2009, 12:45 AM
silk is infamous around these partssilk is infamous around these parts
Read the magazine, you must be a wealthy freak (in a good way :-) !) to put soooo much money in a car. Do you spend so much on the woman (women??) you love ?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:13 AM
2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light2FST4U is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you Stacy.. I've Been Inspired by your Work "The First Step is the Hardest"
.. As Soon as my Warrenty ends in 2 yrs .. I'm going for it my self .. I've Learned A Lot following this Thread ..

Old 03-07-2009, 01:33 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sub
Awesome. Post vids!
I had a short vid on you tube but felt it wasn't good!
So I went out and bought a Go-Pro camera yesterday.The thing is awesome and can mount anywhere.
So on the next nice day that I have time I will go to to a road that has NO traffic and take some video for you guys.

Originally Posted by angldrkns9
congrats!!!! a job well done!!
welcome to the club!
Thank-you and GLAD to be here!

Originally Posted by silk
Read the magazine, you must be a wealthy freak (in a good way :-) !) to put soooo much money in a car. Do you spend so much on the woman (women??) you love ?
Is this comment intended for me,because the guy(blaktout) with the post above actually had his car in a magazine!
If it is for me.....If I have a dollar,I spend it!
You only live once,I have no kids and just enjoy every moment I can!
We don't vacation and like me she loves cars....
Yes my wife is very well taken care of,LOL!
She actually is just like me 'Workaholic"!
I guess that makes us both "freaks"(in a good way),LOL!

Originally Posted by 2FST4U
Thank you Stacy.. I've Been Inspired by your Work "The First Step is the Hardest"
.. As Soon as my Warrenty ends in 2 yrs .. I'm going for it my self .. I've Learned A Lot following this Thread ..
Do it....it is one of the most rewarding projects I have done!
Between this and the bodykit I built for the car,I have to say that this car has been my biggest accomplishment to date!

Here are a couple of more pics.

Last edited by justatoy; 03-07-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Sub
Sub is infamous around these parts
Aww, bummer I'm selling some chasecam equipment. Coulda bought that!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Hi Stacy,
Help !! I also got the V3 supercharger, my car is a 997s with Tiptronic - VF didn't supply any radiator to cool the air plus my car already has a radiator for cooling the Tiptronic !
VF didn't reply yet, I'm checking with RPM Racing.
Thanks !!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:55 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Hi Stacy,
Help !! I also got the V3 supercharger, my car is a 997s with Tiptronic - VF didn't supply any radiator to cool the air plus my car already has a radiator for cooling the Tiptronic !
VF didn't reply yet, I'm checking with RPM Racing.
Thanks !!
you definitely need that front radiator to cool the air... in city driving when the radiator does not get much cool air, my intake temps spike to 125+ degrees F

i can only imagine if you didn't have that front radiator, your intake temps would be 125+ degrees all the time!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
you definitely need that front radiator to cool the air... in city driving when the radiator does not get much cool air, my intake temps spike to 125+ degrees F

i can only imagine if you didn't have that front radiator, your intake temps would be 125+ degrees all the time!
jason whats up buddy droped my car off yesterday. the only thing i can say is wow!!!! we found the boost leek and many more

Old 04-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi Jason,
I went to see the mechanic today, I have a Tip and it already has a front radiator. No other place to install one (plus VF didn't supply any). So my mechanic said may be use my existing front radiator for the SC, but then my engine & Tip will ONLY use the 2 side radiators (may not be enough to cool off) and certainly not good for the engine ! :-(

Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by jstrat85
jason whats up buddy droped my car off yesterday. the only thing i can say is wow!!!! we found the boost leek and many more
hey John, where did you drop it off? protosport or rpm?

Hi Jason,
I went to see the mechanic today, I have a Tip and it already has a front radiator. No other place to install one (plus VF didn't supply any). So my mechanic said may be use my existing front radiator for the SC, but then my engine & Tip will ONLY use the 2 side radiators (may not be enough to cool off) and certainly not good for the engine ! :-(
hey silk, i'm actually surprised... are you sure you got the right kit? i would suspect that VF makes different kits for different models.. VF is usually pretty good on sending you the correct stuff and resolving issues... why would they send you a kit with a front radiator if you already have a front radiator? lol... i'm guessing they sent you the wrong kit... did they know it was going in a 997 tip? but now that i think about it.. i don't think there is any place else to mount a radiator for cooling.... contact VF, i'm sure they will take care of you

Old 04-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Hi Jason,
Do you know whom I should contact in VF ? I used to contact Delius, but I was told he has left VF.
Thanks !
Silk

Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi Jason,
Do you know whom I should contact in VF ? I used to contact Delius, but I was told he has left VF.
Thanks !
Silk
you should be able to contact anybody... i didn't write down names but you can always contact Nik who is the head engineer there and he's awesome but sometimes hard to get in touch with since he's so busy

if you run into install issues or just general issues with your SC, i would recommend just asking members on this forum... redridge and justatoy both know how to install the entire SC from start to finish and i'm sure any issues you have with the SC, one of us have ran into before...

Last edited by angldrkns9; 04-01-2009 at 08:27 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)