997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 AM
silk is infamous around these partssilk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
you should be able to contact anybody... i didn't write down names but you can always contact Nik who is the head engineer there and he's awesome but sometimes hard to get in touch with since he's so busy
Thanks Jason ! for your advice. Did you upgrade your brakes to accommodate the added power ? My mechanic said I should change all spark plugs and change engine oil every 5000 kms. Any advices ?
Silk

Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
you definitely need that front radiator to cool the air... in city driving when the radiator does not get much cool air, my intake temps spike to 125+ degrees F

i can only imagine if you didn't have that front radiator, your intake temps would be 125+ degrees all the time!

If you do my fan mod, your intake temperatures will stay around 20F or less above ambient. Without the fan mod, intake temperatures can reach 180F+ on sunny days.

Last edited by 1999Porsche911; 04-01-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
If you do my fan mod, your intake temperatures will stay around 20F or less above ambient.
Very interested, how does it work ?

Silk

Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
If you do my fan mod, your intake temperatures will stay around 20F or less above ambient. Without the fan mod, intake temperatures can reach 180F+ on sunny days.
yeah, your fan mod def. helps! thanks for the great idea.. i had protomotive wire the switch and relay in for me... my fan stays on 5 minutes more after i turn off my car

i actually took your mod one more step and instead of the stock fan, protomotive recommended a higher flow fan which REALLY blows, they use that fan on their 700hp+ cars..

Originally Posted by silk
Very interested, how does it work ?

Silk
it's a manual switch for the rear fan to keep it cool... i pretty much have mine on ALL the time

Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Understood, so it is a manual switch to keep the rear deck fan on and keep it on for 5 minutes after shut off the engine (like in the turbo cars) !
Thanks Jason & 1999Porsche911

Old 04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Understood, so it is a manual switch to keep the rear deck fan on and keep it on for 5 minutes after shut off the engine (like in the turbo cars) !
Thanks Jason & 1999Porsche911

The mod consists of installing a switch that will allow you to turn on the high speed radiator fans at any time, while maintaining the automatic operation of the fans. We do the same for the engine compartment fan.

Radiator Fans

Connect a wire to the ground (Pin #85) of the 2 high speed fan relays located on the relay carrier located in the driver’s side foot well. The relays are #20 and #22. Feed this wire to where your switch will be located. Connect the wire to one side of the switch. Connect another wire from the other contact on the switch and then connect the other end of this wire to a chassis ground point.

With key on, this switch will now immediately turn on both radiator fans providing maximum cooling. When you turn the key off, the fans will continue to run for about 5 seconds until the relay shuts down. Your fan operation remains normal when the switch is off.

Engine Compartment Fan

Connect a wire to the ground of the relay located in the relay carrier behind the passenger seat, driver’s side. Relay #8. . Feed this wire to where your switch will be located. I simply fed the wire along the driver’s side of the car and under the door sill. Connect the wire to one side of the switch. Connect another wire from the other contact on the switch and connect the other end of this wire to a chassis ground point.

With key on, this switch will now immediately turn on the fan drawing air into the engine compartment. When you turn the key off, the fan will continue to run for about 5 seconds until the relay shuts down. Your fan operation remains normal when the switch is off. This mod helps keep the engine compartment much cooler when driving around town and is particularly beneficial to any engine that draws its intake air from inside the engine compartment, such as the EVO SC.

If you are adventurous, you can automate the operation of these switches so they will switch off at a specific speed, or operate when vacuum is present only, etc. You can choose any style switch you want and even use Porsche switches (relay may be required). I simply used 2 toggle switches that I installed in the batwing,

Jim

Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi Jim,
I got it, I think, you guys are so cleaver! I will print out this to show my mechanic, let's see if he has any clever & stylish design.
I'm so excited. Thank you so much guys !!

Old 04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor
Sean@VF is infamous around these parts
Hi Jason,
Do you know whom I should contact in VF ? I used to contact Delius, but I was told he has left VF.
Thanks !
Silk
Hi Guys,
I can be your contact as I have been the sales manager for VF Engineering since 2007.
Delius is no longer with us however, I can help just as well.

Thanks!
-Sean

Old 04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi Sean,
That's great, did you get my email that I forwarded to you at <sean@vf-engineering.com>. Need your help how to connect the air cooling with a Tip - no radiator was supplied, add another radiator on the existing center radiator ?
Much appreciated !

Old 04-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
Sean@VF is infamous around these parts
Hi silk,
We have verified that the kit sent is correct. It was ordered through RPM as a 2005 C2S with the Tiptronic transmission.

This kit is much more simple than the manual transmission version as the radiator is already existing. The kit includes special adapters to use your front mounted radiator for both the motor AND intercooler system.

Here are some pictures showing your factory radiator and the fittings that we include for the Tiptronic models in your specific kit.

PICTURES

Old 04-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks Sean, so after installing these adaptors will allow me to connect to both the engine and the VF IC ?
Silk

Old 04-01-2009, 01:08 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Thanks Sean, so after installing these adaptors will allow me to connect to both the engine and the VF IC ?
Silk
yes

Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
WOW,sorry been working late these days and didn't get a chance to check the forums....
Sounds like you are getting some good advice!

Stacy

Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi Stacy,
Thanks.
I can't believe how good the guys are !! especially 'angldrkns9'
Hope can get it up and running by the weekend.
Do you have any issue on your newly SC car ?
Changed all spark plugs, oil, ... ?

Silk

Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Hi Stacy,
Thanks.
I can't believe how good the guys are !! especially 'angldrkns9'
Hope can get it up and running by the weekend.
Do you have any issue on your newly SC car ?
Changed all spark plugs, oil, ... ?

Silk
I have ran 4 tanks of gas through it and ZERO issues!
It has ran flawlessly!
Oil was changed prior to the install and plugs were left as is.My car has very low miles and they said not to bother with the plugs!
Chime in once it is done to let us know how it worked out for you!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)