997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
silk is infamous around these partssilk is infamous around these parts
Hopefully, I will have good outcome. But definitely my installation won't look as GOOD as yours !
You think your system is working at 100% ?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:25 AM
install Inter Cooler on 997 Tip

Originally Posted by Sean@vf
Hi silk,
We have verified that the kit sent is correct. It was ordered through RPM as a 2005 C2S with the Tiptronic transmission.

This kit is much more simple than the manual transmission version as the radiator is already existing. The kit includes special adapters to use your front mounted radiator for both the motor AND intercooler system.

Here are some pictures showing your factory radiator and the fittings that we include for the Tiptronic models in your specific kit.

PICTURES

Hi Sean,
Looking at the photo - the adaptors only has 1 outlet, so how to connect 2 systems on it ? Can you explain more in detail ?
Thanks !
Silk

Old 04-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor
Sean@VF is infamous around these parts
Pm Sent to Sillk.
-Sean

Old 04-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Have been following this thread for some time now and have to hand it to you, you have completely redefined the term "do it yourself" in my book. Following the install progress was great fun and amazing in its complexity and the ingenuity involved with all the issues you had to address made it all the more intriguing. Many thanks for all the added effort you expended sharing your progress on this site for the rest of us to enjoy.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by Sean@vf
Pm Sent to Sillk.
-Sean
Hi Sean,

It has been over 1 week !!! I am still waiting for your reply.
My car has been sitting in the garage for almost 3 weeks !!

silk

Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 PM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by justatoy
I had a short vid on you tube but felt it wasn't good!
So I went out and bought a Go-Pro camera yesterday.The thing is awesome and can mount anywhere.
So on the next nice day that I have time I will go to to a road that has NO traffic and take some video for you guys.

Thank-you and GLAD to be here!

Is this comment intended for me,because the guy(blaktout) with the post above actually had his car in a magazine!
If it is for me.....If I have a dollar,I spend it!
You only live once,I have no kids and just enjoy every moment I can!
We don't vacation and like me she loves cars....
Yes my wife is very well taken care of,LOL!
She actually is just like me 'Workaholic"!
I guess that makes us both "freaks"(in a good way),LOL!

Do it....it is one of the most rewarding projects I have done!
Between this and the bodykit I built for the car,I have to say that this car has been my biggest accomplishment to date!

Here are a couple of more pics.

In the last pic, can you give me details on the bulbs you're using for your running lights. Thanks! I have SC-envy...

Old 04-14-2009, 12:40 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I think you're seeing the reflection of Stacy's flash in the running lights.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:48 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I think you're seeing the reflection of Stacy's flash in the running lights.

Looks like the parking lights are on to me. I see a red reflection of the tails on the garage door. Definite reflection off of the side markers though.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:53 PM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Looks like the parking lights are on to me. I see a red reflection of the tails on the garage door. Definite reflection off of the side markers though.
Sorry should have been more specific. I meant the running lights on the front of the car and not the side markers. The whiter looking bulbs...

Old 04-14-2009, 12:56 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by surfingbuddhist
Sorry should have been more specific. I meant the running lights on the front of the car and not the side markers. The whiter looking bulbs...
Would like to know also.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:09 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by surfingbuddhist
In the last pic, can you give me details on the bulbs you're using for your running lights. Thanks! I have SC-envy...
I am not sure why they look like that.They are yellow when I go down and look,LOL!
I have had so many PM's regarding this too!
They are factory bulbs,nothing special!
Sorry for the false advertising!

Stacy

Old 04-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
I am not sure why they look like that.They are yellow when I go down and look,LOL!
I have had so many PM's regarding this too!
They are factory bulbs,nothing special!
Sorry for the false advertising!

Stacy
See Stacy, you got us all excited that you were on to some good looking bulb and ya just let us down. You and your trick photography...sheesh

Old 04-14-2009, 04:19 PM
ArmyPorsche is infamous around these parts
That is most impressive. I'm sure you saved a ton of money

Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Help on installation on a 997s with Tiptronic
Any instruction on which radiator(s) to connect for the inter-cooler? Any issue on over heating or warming up the air ?

Big thanks,
silk

Old 04-14-2009, 09:05 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silk
Help on installation on a 997s with Tiptronic
Any instruction on which radiator(s) to connect for the inter-cooler? Any issue on over heating or warming up the air ?

Big thanks,
silk
Would love to help you...but mine was not a tip,SORRY!

Sent an email to VF(for you) as well,hopefully they will respond!
Their customer service is really good!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 04-14-2009 at 09:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)