997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:05 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hjacobs2000
Stacy,

Let us know how the pully swap an analysis goes. Also what tests are you running on you Durametric
I have to make notes on the:
Timing
LTFT
O2 sensors before the cats and after
MAF sensor
and a few other things I can't think of right now but do have notes down in my car.
I am logging them at idle,3500 RPM and redline...

It may be a bit yet as I am so busy right now with our house and work!

Stacy

Old 05-31-2009, 03:22 PM
edic4s is infamous around these parts
Stacey
Wow good job. Just read the entire post. I thought I had my hands full when I swapped a 3.8l into my 02 c4s, but your install seems on par. Now I'm definately going to try to find a used kit as well.
Edi

Old 05-31-2009, 08:29 PM
CarGuy56 is infamous around these parts
wow congrats on doing a DIY on FI

Old 06-04-2009, 08:47 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by edic4s
Stacey
Wow good job. Just read the entire post. I thought I had my hands full when I swapped a 3.8l into my 02 c4s, but your install seems on par. Now I'm definately going to try to find a used kit as well.
Edi
Hey Edi,
Thanks!
My parents live in Westbank(Shannon Lake golf course),if I make it up there this year I will get in-touch with you.

Originally Posted by CarGuy56
wow congrats on doing a DIY on FI
Thank-you...it was a very fun project!

Last edited by justatoy; 06-04-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:50 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say that AWE has sponsored me with some pretty deep discounts on parts!
They sounded like they were quite excited about doing it too!
I have ordered the High-flow cats so far.....really wanted their headers and mufflers but I already have Fabspeed.I may have too list the Fabspeed stuff for sale soon!
Thanks Todd and Ralph for all of your help and look forward to bolting the cats on!!!
I hope it will give me a better sound as well as maybe free up some air-flow!
I will give feedback asap......just been a busy summer and haven't much time with the car!

Stacy

Old 07-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Well been a great week so far....the last couple of days I have managed to data log,using Durametric software,all of the vitals of my motor in preperation of MORE mods(high flow cats and MORE boost)!
Thanks to Jim(1999porsche911) for making this run even better than it was...you my friend have given me a wealth of knowledge and for that I am not sure how to repay you!
Also thanks to Todd at Evoms for some info as well.
This community is truely amazing!

*******Anyway,AWE has decided to sponsor me and I received my box with the high flow cats.First impression,thanks for the lollipop......for real,they put a lollipop in the package,ROFL!*******

The 'cats' look amazing.The welds are perfect,these are a work of art!

THANKS AWE(Todd and Ralph)!!!!

So I managed to get the bumper off and the new cats in tonight however I finshed too late to take her for a spirited rip!
So I only managed to start and 'BLIP' the throttle...OMG...that car sounds completely different!!!
I have a breakfast planned with Northvan997C2S and Keninirvine and look forward to hearing this thing!

Here are a couple of pics

Last edited by justatoy; 07-01-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:49 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Have you dyno'd your car since the install of the kit?

Old 07-01-2009, 07:58 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
you continue to amaze us Stacy. any chance you can shoot video and post it on youtube for us?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:19 AM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts

Stacy

What info.... do share

Howard

Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Have you dyno'd your car since the install of the kit?
I did a pull on a Mustang dyno(heartbreaker/humbler dyno).
A buddy of mine did a pull with his NSX on the Mustang and Dyno-jet dyno and the numbers were quite different.He made 422 RWHP on the Dyno-jet and 364 RWHP on the Mustang.So with that in mind we derived the 15% difference between the two dyno's!

I went to the Dyno-jet dyno facility but my car was too low for them to work on,so I had to go to the Mustang dyno!
I made two pulls.It made 330 RWHP.One thing they didn't do was put a fan over the rear deck lid,something that was recommended after talking to a few people...
So factor in the 15% difference between the two dyno's and I would have got around 379 RWHP.
I also heard that Jared's car(same charger) made 399 RWHP so I was fairly happy,HOWEVER,I want more,LOL!

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
you continue to amaze us Stacy. any chance you can shoot video and post it on youtube for us?
I did at one time,but felt that it may be a good way to get in trouble with the local law,LOL
I will do another in the next few weeks after I install a smaller pulley.

Originally Posted by hjacobs2000

Stacy

What info.... do share

Howard
Todd helped me read the Durametric and helped me diagnose that I did not have a boost leak after I searched for soooo long!
OH and gave me a smaller pulley.....quite a bit smaller,LOL!!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 07-01-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Stacey, did you put the new pulley on?.... Im thinking of putting a smaller one one. hehehe.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Took it for a drive today...threw an engine code.

Any help on what this code(Durametric) is would be a great help

P0031
Final stage for heater of oxygen
sensor ahead of cat. c. bank 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P0030
Final stage for heater of oxygen
sensor ahead of cat. c. bank 1

Sounds unbelievable...definately louder,yet crisper exhaust note!
LOVE the it!!!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 07-01-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:40 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
That isn't the code that I have been getting. Sorry I can't help.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
That isn't the code that I have been getting. Sorry I can't help.
Yeah I think I may have skinned a wire.....

Bumper off in 10 minutes...I am getting good at getting this car apart and back together...hehehe...

Take me to the track Ed...I can be the pit-guy for ya'!

Stacy

Old 07-01-2009, 04:17 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
How are you with the front bumper?

I want to do the third raditor up front, the bumper seems like the hard part.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)