997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:27 PM
heacuva is infamous around these parts
ur prolly gettin the code coz of the original o2 sensors are reading weird values as opposed to the range they used to read. try foulin them

Old 07-01-2009, 05:19 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heacuva
ur prolly gettin the code coz of the original o2 sensors are reading weird values as opposed to the range they used to read. try foulin them
Great thought,however,I pulled the O2 out and found a skinned wire!

Stacy

Old 07-02-2009, 03:44 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Fixed and back together today !
Went for a spirited drive and found the sound OH SO intoxicating !

Yes it is louder but the sound......!

Again,thanks to Todd,Ralph/AWE and their patience.

Now if I could only get this supercharger pulley off WITHOUT having to pull the charger out...but no luck...FRICK'!
Only question is what pulley to put in 6 PSI or 7 PSI...I know Jim(1999porsche911).....but I may just do the 3.6" pulley for now,LOL!
You know how it works.....go fast now and want to go faster later,LOL!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 07-02-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:08 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Stacy do the 7 PSI and short shift if you are worried about too much power.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:18 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
How are you with the front bumper?

I want to do the third raditor up front, the bumper seems like the hard part.

The front bumper is pretty simple to do Ed. I believe there is a DIY on the install somewhere 'round here.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I plan to do the third radiator late this week. Also purchased a cooling system vacuum tool to ensure that I get all the air out when the part goes on and I refill it. Also will allow me to install the third/center Cargraphic (?) screen for the bumper.
My local body shop walked me through the steps of removing the front bumper and it now makes sense. I'll post a few pix if anyone is interested.

Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
The front bumper is pretty simple to do Ed. I believe there is a DIY on the install somewhere 'round here.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:09 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
I think it easy, but I have no skill!

I would still be uncertain if I can get the bumper on perfect, and if I do I will still wonder if it is correctly installed.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I think it easy, but I have no skill!

I would still be uncertain if I can get the bumper on perfect, and if I do I will still wonder if it is correctly installed.
Listen up, guy who beats his Porsche....I will help you!

Let me rephrase that...I will help your car out....you are beyond,LOL!
However...it MUST be washed before it WILL enter my garage?!

Stacy

Old 07-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
Listen up, guy who beats his Porsche....I will help you!

Let me rephrase that...I will help your car out....you are beyond,LOL!
However...it MUST be washed before it WILL enter my garage?!

Stacy
LMAO

Does leaving it out in the rain count as a wash?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:28 PM
A little update.....(sorry to drag it up.....OK not really!)

Car has been running strong and with the addition of the AWE high flow cats...it sounds amazing!

Well today I decided to change the charger pulley to something a little smaller.Run to the parts store to buy a shorter belt...not for me but the car,LOL!

So getting the charger out took maybe 1 hr(no big deal)....

BUT

Getting the pulley off was NOT so easy!
I thought it would just slide off but NOPE..had to buy a pulley puller and MAKE an adapter so I could get it off!
Next was to make a wrench for removing the oil return line and then cutting down some allen keys to fit into a ratcheting wrench,so it will be easier to remove the bolts that you can barely see,LOL!

AFTER all this I get I get the NEW pulley on....
Route the new belt,struggle to get the charger bracket back on(same thing as last time...worst part of the install IMO)....but only because I forgot the tricks,FRICK'.
Double check the belt..and...wrong routing..ARE YOU KIDDING ME,I say to myself....off it comes again,LOL!
Re-do the whole thing again thinking I am on home stretch...UNTIL....I go to put the belt into its final resting place...TOO FRICKin' short,ROFL!!
All coming out again...another day,LOL!

BOY OH BOY am I getting good at this charger install,LOL!!!

On the positive side should see some positive numbers with the AWE high flow cats and smaller pulley(maybe another 50-60HP)....lookin' forward to getting it done!
That was my 5 hours of working on this 'toilet',LOL!!!
I will post pics of the tools we modified later!!

Stacy

Old 08-16-2009, 10:35 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Glad to hear you haven't lost your tenacity Stacy. Hang in there. We're looking forward to hearing about the new dyno results when you get them.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Took it for a brief rip tonight.......

How did it go???.....A TON QUICKER,my gosh...a NEW car and how it should perform!
I think it may be making some serious power now...smaller pulley and free'r flowing exhaust(AWE high flow cats added).
IT pulled like MAD.....that is until I shredded a belt,spaghetti anyone?...LOL!
The smaller pulley I used had a a couple of small 'nicks' in it...tried to clean them up but still had doubts the belt would survive.I guess I was right!
Also this rev limiter REALLY sucks.There is so much top end still left in it when the rev limiter kicks in....I wish I could bump the limiter another 500 or so RPM!
Anyway,
Thank goodness for the pull-out on the road RIGHT where it happened!
Shut the car down right away!

SO.....call a tow truck...$122.00 later,car is at home...here we go again!
I have another size pulley(bit bigger than the smallest pulley) here and a belt that will work so I will give them a try NOW!

Stacy

Let the games begin!

Last edited by justatoy; 08-08-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
You're my hero...
Would you be willing to take on a shop apprentice? I'll clean my shoes before entering your garage

Took it for a brief rip tonight.......

How did it go???.....A TON QUICKER,my gosh...a NEW car and how it should perform!
I think it mat be making some serious power now
IT pulled like MAD.....that is until I shredded a belt,spaghetti anyone?...LOL!
The smaller pulley I used had a a couple of small 'nicks' in it...tried to clean them up but still had doubts the belt would survive.I guess I was right!
Also this rev limiter REALLY sucks.There is so much top end still left in it when the rev limiter kicks in....I wish I could bump the limiter another 500 or so RPM!
Anyway,
Thank goodness for the pull-out on the road RIGHT where it happened!
Shut the car down right away!

SO.....call a tow truck...$122.00 later,car is at home...here we go again!
I have another size pulley(bit bigger than the smallest pulley) here and a belt that will work so I will give them a try NOW!

Stacy

Let the games begin!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Verde
You're my hero...
Would you be willing to take on a shop apprentice? I'll clean my shoes before entering your garage
Funny you say you would take your shoes off....I just vacuumed the garage the other day,LOL!

Don't worship me,I am just the idiot stupid enough to try this stuff,LOL!
To be totally honest...I have a great teacher and will let him chime in IF he wants too...!

Last edited by justatoy; 08-17-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Sadly, I frequently use the leaf blower to clean mine. Higher velocity produces better results. And I have the dyno graphs to prove it!
No worries about the worship. I'm the same way - foolish enough to just plunge it. But I'm quite a few classes behind you.
BTW, did you ever stop, surveying your disassembled car, and think, 'What the heck am I doing? This is a $100k sports car!!'

Funny you say you would take your shoes off....I just vacuumed the garage the other day,LOL!

Don't worship me,I am just the idiot stupid enough to try this stuff,LOL!
To be totally honest...I have a great teacher and will let him chime in IF he wants too...!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)