997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:26 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
That's over 500 crank, hope you get there, Stacy!
CATTMAN
I think that 420 rwhp would be around the 480 BHP....

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Nice work Stacy, I guess it is staying in your Garage, and not someone else's.

Yeah Ed IT IS!
One more year...why not!
Only question will be..... will it start in the new year or will I be building a motor,LOL!!

Beautiful day today ED....now lend your car to go and do some Gtech pulls and possibly a durametric measuremnt !?

Stacy

Old 10-04-2009, 08:45 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Nice work Stacy, I guess it is staying in your Garage, and not someone else's.

Ed,
I think we guilted him in to keepin it

Stacy,
That is SICK power

Old 10-04-2009, 08:48 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Stacy,

I just looked @ the thread 477 posts and 27000 views

We should ask Chuck to give you your own forum LOL

Jim

Old 10-04-2009, 08:53 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
There is no guilting Stacy, he would sell it if the right deal came along.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:25 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
There is no guilting Stacy, he would sell it if the right deal came along.
Ed: That applies to most people. For the right price, anything is for sale.
I'm sure Stacy's wife is happy he is keeping it for the winter. Otherwise he'd be moody and restless all the time wishing he had some new mod to work on.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:12 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I'm in Vancouver for the long (Canadian Thanksgiving) weekend, and I met up with Stacy today to check out how his car is running. His black beauty is very HOT. The GTech registered 404 RWHP on one of our runs. The car pulls like mad right up to the rev limiter. I had a ride in this car earlier this year soon after Stacy got it on the road with the SC, and while it ran well then, it didn't have nearly the thrust and power it has now. This time, as he wound up the RPMs, you could feel yourself being pushed into the seat back.
Stacy's continuing quest to get more power out of his Supercharged motor has resulted in some amazing power, and he's not finished yet!
Congratulations on a job well done Stacy, and thanks for the fine ride today.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Congrats Stacy....just got your PM. I really wish u guys were closer.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
is it possible

To run your car (safely) againt a 997.1 turbo... I am just curious the outcome. Have you run your car against any such car(s) with the SC installed?

Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 AM
silk is infamous around these partssilk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mickfluff
To run your car (safely) againt a 997.1 turbo... I am just curious the outcome. Have you run your car against any such car(s) with the SC installed?
Can this be true
I ran my SC 997 c2s along side with a c4s (with full CarGraphic exhaust & GIAC remap) in a long straight, took 1+km to barely passed it !
997tt just blow me away. I checked I have no leak !

Old 10-10-2009, 11:04 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I'm in Vancouver for the long (Canadian Thanksgiving) weekend, and I met up with Stacy today to check out how his car is running. His black beauty is very HOT. The GTech registered 404 RWHP on one of our runs. The car pulls like mad right up to the rev limiter. I had a ride in this car earlier this year soon after Stacy got it on the road with the SC, and while it ran well then, it didn't have nearly the thrust and power it has now. This time, as he wound up the RPMs, you could feel yourself being pushed into the seat back.
Stacy's continuing quest to get more power out of his Supercharged motor has resulted in some amazing power, and he's not finished yet!
Congratulations on a job well done Stacy, and thanks for the fine ride today.
Thanks Ken,

As always,it is good seeing you here in Vancouver!
Sorry that you alwys seem to get an ear full of my ideas for the future mods,LOL!!
The quest will be coming to an end soon.....420RWHP consistently and I am done,LOL!

I get "Long-winded" and excited once I start talking about these mods!
A few things I still need/want to do:
Wire the cooling fans(engine deck lid and front cooling fans) to a switch so they are 'ON' ALL the time.
Install a water/meth injection system to cool the intake temps and UP the fuel quality.
I may also try to run a dual resistors in my MAF so I can clean up the midrange power a bit,if I need too.But for now it is good!
Then come the next year I will see where this gets me! This will all depend on how smooth the car runs and right now it does run really smooth.
So far on the GTech I have posted (RWHP):
404(twice)
These above measurements were all done on the same day...except for one 404 that Ken and I did.
431(this one I am not so sure of,I couldn't back it up on that day)

BTW-Ken,since you have my BRAND NEW Gtech I bought last week.......your job is to data log and get some results.HAVE FUN and BE SAFE!

Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Congrats Stacy....just got your PM. I really wish u guys were closer.
Jim we aren't that far away...BOOK a flight!
I am sure we could organize Ken,myself,Ed to be here all at the same time!
Ed would love to meet the "6speed clown" I am sure,LOL!

Originally Posted by mickfluff
To be honest I have not...YET!

Originally Posted by silk
Can this be true
I ran my SC 997 c2s along side with a c4s (with full CarGraphic exhaust & GIAC remap) in a long straight, took 1+km to barely passed it !
997tt just blow me away. I checked I have no leak !
My original kit wasn't making all that much power either but mine was a used kit.
You say you have no boost leak....how much boost are you making and WHERE are you measuring it?

Stacy
Here is a video of driving around.....a GOPRO camera was used so the sound isn't great!
In the video is two runs with the Gtech at.......1:34 and 2:20.
It is a hard on the accelerator run and then hard on the brakes,LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnVL_Yko81w

Last edited by justatoy; 10-10-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:53 PM
"My original kit wasn't making all that much power either but mine was a used kit.
You say you have no boost leak....how much boost are you making and WHERE are you measuring it?

Stacy"

Hi Stacy,
Sorry, actually I didn't have any device to check for boost leak (ordered the wrong boost gauge), just by visual. I'll order the dual gauge mentioned by 2006997C4SCab and, hopefully, confirm my believe of no leak. But I did find out one of my engine's oil line was not snap in correctly (leaks) and my mechanic had corrected it now, but I haven't driven the car since (I've been away for a long while). I'll return for a track day in 2 weeks to see if it is better/faster. Unfortunately, I won't be going to Whistler for skiing this year - else it would be WONDERFUL to see your car and meet you in person !
Your car seems so quiet compare to mine !!! Can you remember me what exhaust you have on ? I'm using Afterhours mufflers, they are giving me headaches in longD driving but stock is too quiet (so I only use it for short drives).

Last edited by silk; 10-10-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:42 AM
Thank you for your kind offer Stacy !
Vancouver rains during winter months. Also you look slimmer in the video than the photo (of you under the car), hope its not from much sleepless days/nights working on your car. You are SO lucky, my wife will kill me if I spend so much time & money on my car.

silk

Old 10-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Well managed to get out again today with a few others.....

'05 Porsche Carrera S(coupe)stock
'05 Porsche Carrera S cab supercharged
'07 Aston Martin V-8 Vantage
'09 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

First of all that Gallardo was one the most beautiful cars I have seen...and with the e-gear....it shifted SOOOO frickin' quick!
The Aston sounded deep and loud!

We all went out and hit up the truck scales to get weights

Porsche coupe S........................3,395 lbs
Porsche cab S supercharged.........3,650 lbs
Aston martin..............................3,704 lbs
Lamborghini..............................3,704 lbs......NO KIDDING the two cars weighed identical.Should of seen our eyes when we saw this!

So I let the guys run with my G-tech...all did multiple runs in third gear...and this is how the rwhp numbers averaged out......

Porsche coupe S.........................296 rwhp
Porsche cab S supercharged.........404 rwhp(as stated in posts above)today was 386,390 and a 402 earlier in the day.
Aston Martin........cigarette lighter fuse was blown so no g-tech
Lamborghini..............................460 rwhp

Porsche coupe left early...so the rest of us did a run in a line.......Lambo first Carrera cab S and then the Aston Martin......
We pulled out to the road easing through first and then off we went into second and third(redline) and to my surprise I managed to hang pretty good with the the Lambo(considering I had a passenger,camera gear,laptop.....around an extra 185 lbs or so)....just through the quick gear changes of the Lambo is where it pulled on me,like I said there is no way to shift a stick that fast(amazing)........then fourth at around 105-132mph the Lambo seemed to pull.....!
Even still,with the extra weight in the cab,my passensger and I were very impressed with the amount of power and the way my car performed against the Lambo,especially since they are rated at 560 BHP BUT honestly the higher speeds without doubt IT will probably eat my car alive,LOL......as far as the Aston Martin...I forgot to look back however when we pulled over he expressed how fast my car was....!
I am waiting to see IF the video will be good enough to post...we will see!
The big thing today was to test the Gtech on a stock Carrera S and put my car up against some heavy hitters.....all-in-all...what a fun day!
So the stock Carrera S made 291 and mine has done multiples of anywhere from 390-420 rwhp.....SO YES I am happy with my Modified supercharger so far and look forward to adding the water/meth injection this winter and maybe one more smaller pulley,ROFL!
What could another 1/2 lb of boost hurt,LOL!!!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 11-10-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:45 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Well
done Stacy, now I know what my car weights and how much power it makes!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:00 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
thanks

thanks for sharing, great data and real world results... post up the vid if you can!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)