997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:52 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mickfluff
thanks for sharing, great data and real world results... post up the vid if you can!
This was a first attempt and trust me that next time it will be better.We were really unprepared and had no game plan.....already in the last day we(ken and I) have come up with some pretty stellar ideas!So wait until the next one....probably in the New Year!

OK here it is.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypy0bgrOVo

Old 10-13-2009, 10:15 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Video Link not working.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:56 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
twice!

watched it twice, great video and love the mix of cars.... nice job!

Old 10-17-2009, 02:57 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Just received this in the mail today.....
It is a modified factory Porsche plenum....looks really good!

Hoping to install it tomorrow and possibly,if the weather clears up,getting out and testing it using my G-tech!
I will keep you guys posted!

Old 10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Just received this in the mail today.....
It is a modified factory Porsche plenum....looks really good!

Hoping to install it tomorrow and possibly,if the weather clears up,getting out and testing it using my G-tech!
I will keep you guys posted!

Stacy,
that should be good for another 60 horse

Who modded it and where did u get it
Jim

Old 10-17-2009, 04:07 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
It's a secret Jim, if I tell you I will have to throw you under another bus

It is just more bling for Stacy's car.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Not sure if I will get 'smacked' by the forum admin. and hope this is OK but,
I received this product for a fellow by the name of Pedro of.......

Pedro's garage

It was really quite inexpensive too......I am hoping that it may make a bit of HP with the forced induction!?
We will see!
I am trying as many possible mods as I can to help you guys (consumers) and myself get some real good consistent testing for products....
This way we know how much hp/$.....

I am seriously thinking of trying the LWFW this winter too!
I just wish the GUY local to me would Gtech his car who HAS the LWFW...

Stacy

Old 10-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Why don't you send out a lynch mob?

I will try and get together with you soon, remember my car isn't affriad of the rain!

Old 10-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I am picking up a G-Tech this week, and will do some runs. I've got the LWFW, along with just about every other performance mod other than meth spray and SuperCharger. Should be interesting. I can tell you, the LWFW definitely adds to the HP that makes it to the rear wheels, since there is a lot less energy lost spinning the heavier OEM flywheel.

Do I have to get my car weighed to get accurate info from the G-Tech? Not sure that will be easy. If weight accuracy and consistency is critical, I'll have to control for how much fuel is in the car, as well as what's in it.
CATTMAN

Old 10-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Cattman
I am picking up a G-Tech this week, and will do some runs. I've got the LWFW, along with just about every other performance mod other than meth spray and SuperCharger. Should be interesting. I can tell you, the LWFW definitely adds to the HP that makes it to the rear wheels, since there is a lot less energy lost spinning the heavier OEM flywheel.

Do I have to get my car weighed to get accurate info from the G-Tech? Not sure that will be easy. If weight accuracy and consistency is critical, I'll have to control for how much fuel is in the car, as well as what's in it.
CATTMAN
Yes weighing the car is one of the most important things to do!
I use a truck scale on the side of the highway.These usually weigh in 10 pound incriments,which will be plenty good!
Whatever is in your car when you weigh it is what should be in the car when you Gtech it!

Stacy

Old 10-18-2009, 10:01 AM
iliasgk74 is infamous around these parts
i am using gtech too.
i only have ecu remap in my 997_4s
can you check 400m,1km to understand the differences on road

Old 10-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by iliasgk74
i am using gtech too.
i only have ecu remap in my 997_4s
can you check 400m,1km to understand the differences on road
Sorry my friend I am NOT understanding what you are asking!
If someone knows could they explain?
I hope this helps you out...
I do not do any distance runs as of yet because I could NOT possibly shift the same way every time,thus not knowing whether I have made any progress.There would be too many variables in a distance run!
So what I do:
I have my car weighed and program 'THAT' weight into the Gtech and do a run.....it then tells me the actual RWHP in real world surroundings.I shift through first and second casually(low rpm) and then hit the gas HARD in 3rd gear at 3000 rpm-redline.This way the variables are at a minimum.PLEASE get a fairly accurate weight measurement on your car,otherwise the numbers will be WRONG!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 10-18-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:39 PM
iliasgk74 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by justatoy
Sorry my friend I am NOT understanding what you are asking!
If someone knows could they explain?
I hope this helps you out...
I do not do any distance runs as of yet because I could NOT possibly shift the same way every time,thus not knowing whether I have made any progress.There would be too many variables in a distance run!
So what I do:
I have my car weighed and program 'THAT' weight into the Gtech and do a run.....it then tells me the actual RWHP in real world surroundings.I shift through first and second casually(low rpm) and then hit the gas HARD in 3rd gear at 3000 rpm-redline.This way the variables are at a minimum.PLEASE get a fairly accurate weight measurement on your car,otherwise the numbers will be WRONG!

Stacy
ok!thanks

Old 10-19-2009, 11:56 AM
L3CR4M is infamous around these parts
Nice ride, 404hp is pretty impressive for this car compared to the lamborghini and aston.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:11 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Stacy! we have to weight our cars to get accurate readings on the Gtech? how the heck am i going to get somebody to weigh my car? lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)