997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:58 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
Stacy! we have to weight our cars to get accurate readings on the Gtech? how the heck am i going to get somebody to weigh my car? lol
I always use the truck scales here....!
Go in and ask,if they frown,throw a $20 at them....
The truck scales here measure in 10 pound increments!
Find a way...there are going to be alot of people posting gtech results soon!

Stacy

Old 10-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Try this, it's a link to a truck scale location finder:

http://www.bigrigjobs.com/Truck-Scales

Old 10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Just received this in the mail today.....
It is a modified factory Porsche plenum....looks really good!

Hoping to install it tomorrow and possibly,if the weather clears up,getting out and testing it using my G-tech!
I will keep you guys posted!

Well guys I managed to go out and run this plenum today!
I ran with the new plenum 6 times and then back to the original set-up.

I tried it and a few small adjustments and the best RWHP number I managed to get was 384 RWHP......my factory set-up 401 rwhp.....
NOW I am NOT saying the plenum didn't help......it just didn't give me the peak power I am looking for.I do not have a way of measuring the bottom 'grunt' numbers.
What it did do was land right in the middle of my data logging sheets of 5000-7000 rpm times.
Also the throttle response felt more brisk and instant,so I would have to say it helped in the bottom end....again something I cannot measure right now!
It didn't better my 5000-7000 rpm times,so no point in keeping it on my car.

I have to say it is a very well built part and what will it do for a NA car will remain to be seen!
It is going up for sale!

*******PLEASE understand that my testing equipment is NOT a $50,000 dyno machine but rather simple data logging equipment.
I am using a G-tech,same stretch of road I always use,stop-watch and Durametric diagnostic software.
Please do not consider these the typical results but rather JUST mine!*******
Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 10-19-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:46 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
That sucks, do you want to try out the lfw too :-)

Old 10-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
That sucks, do you want to try out the lfw too :-)
LOL...just the opposite...now I am not thinking about that mod anymore!

I believe you are asking about the LWFW......I am already working on that!
I am trying to get Cattman or Northvan997C2S to g-tech their cars...they both have the LWFW!
I have also been TRYING to get a price from AWE on a LWFW and clutch BUT they didn't answer two emails and one phone message....I finally broke down to call them again today......got someone on the phone who said they would call me back this afternoon.They DIDN'T call me back!
I am hoping it is because they are REALLY busy....

Stacy

PS I also a bought another G-tech yesterday that is being shipped to Walter(2006997C4SCab) so he can test his car.He is the one with a supercharger with a 3.6" pulley.
Then we will get Cattman to test his set-up.....he has modded the crap out of his NA car including the LWFW!
Hopefully these two guys will be completely diligent in their set-up of the G-tech and honest with the results.As long as we are all this way then we as consumers may have a better idea of what to expect with certain mods?!
Especially IF we all run the same G-tech!

Last edited by justatoy; 10-19-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:08 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by justatoy
Well guys I managed to go out and run this plenum today!
I ran with the new plenum 6 times and then back to the original set-up.

I tried it and a few small adjustments and the best RWHP number I managed to get was 384 RWHP......my factory set-up 401 rwhp.....
NOW I am NOT saying the plenum didn't help......it just didn't give me the peak power I am looking for.I do not have a way of measuring the bottom 'grunt' numbers.
What it did do was land right in the middle of my data logging sheets of 5000-7000 rpm times.
Also the throttle response felt more brisk and instant,so I would have to say it helped in the bottom end....again something I cannot measure right now!
It didn't better my 5000-7000 rpm times,so no point in keeping it on my car.

I have to say it is a very well built part and what will it do for a NA car will remain to be seen!
It is going up for sale!

*******PLEASE understand that my testing equipment is NOT a $50,000 dyno machine but rather simple data logging equipment.
I am using a G-tech,same stretch of road I always use,stop-watch and Durametric diagnostic software.
Please do not consider these the typical results but rather JUST mine!*******
Stacy

The plenum you tried was substantially smaller (in cfm handling) than the stock one. I know you are going to measure the capacity of the new plenum compared to the old one, but I suspect the new one is probably close to 30% smaller. In a forced induction intake, smaller is never good and will heat up the air charge as well play havoc with the flow. In an NA engine, reducing the throttle body or plenum size (within reason) can improve throttle response as well as improve volumetric efficiency which will add a few ponies at certain engine speeds. It will also lean out the engine. Much like putting your thumb over the end of a hose, the velocity of the air increases with little effect on the volume.

Remember, for high engine speeds, bigger is always better in an FI engine. The path which airflow takes in a fuel injected engine is far less critical than in a carbureted engine. You can get away with more sharp turns and use virtually any material you want, whereas an intake for a carburetor requires smooth turns and metal intakes to allow for a/f heating to insure that the mixture does not separate. Many people incorrectly apply the intake rules from carburetor times to injected engines.

Jim

Old 10-20-2009, 03:21 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Stacy,
The below comment is insulting and better left unsaid. Let's wait for the results.

Walt

"Hopefully these two guys will be completely diligent in their set-up of the G-tech and honest with the results."

Old 10-20-2009, 03:27 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab
Stacy,
The below comment is insulting and better left unsaid. Let's wait for the results.

Walt

"Hopefully these two guys will be completely diligent in their set-up of the G-tech and honest with the results."
Walter, I think that you are reading too much into this. Stacy is only trying to create a benchmark for which mods generate what numbers, by eliminating a few variables (different dynos) and picking a constant that can be easily moved around from city to city. If people aren't truthful, then the entire test will not be accurate.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:30 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Walter, I think that you are reading too much into this. Stacy is only trying to create a benchmark for which mods generate what numbers, by eliminating a few variables (different dynos) and picking a constant that can be easily moved around from city to city. If people aren't truthful, then the entire test will not be accurate.
I agree with you Ed.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:33 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Stacy,

Walt

Only someone less than honest would have taken that statement as an insult rather than a statement of rules.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Stacy,

Walt

Walt,
I have NO idea why you are thinking that this is an insult to you...if it is I apologize.John(Cattman) was just the opposite....he has already gone and weighed his car with a ton of excitement in his voice!

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
This is exactly WHY I said what I said because this G-tech will be passed along to whoever wants to try it in the future and I was only expressing how important the numbers are.
Have fun with it and be safe in the process....we all look forward to your numbers in the future.

Stacy

Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Stacy,

Hopefully you were diligent and honest with your setup and results.

Why does the above statement bother me?, Because it is rude, condescending and unnecessary not to mention very obvious that we need to be honest with our reported results.
Hoping for honesty??? How about that being an unsaid expectation.

99- I take offense because my name is associated with being on the receiving end of a G-Tech and to hope I will be honest with my results is insulting to me.

Walt

Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Stacy,

Hopefully you were diligent and honest with your setup and results.

Why does the above statement bother me?, Because it is rude, condescending and unnecessary not to mention very obvious that we need to be honest with our reported results.
Hoping for honesty??? How about that being an unsaid expectation.

99- I take offense because my name is associated with being on the receiving end of a G-Tech and to hope I will be honest with my results is insulting to me.

Walt
I absolutely was honest with my data

My friend,you are reading too much into that statement.....

AND NO I was not offended by you asking me if I was honest with my results!

If you are that angry/upset/offended,let me know and I will forward you a payment to send it off to the next guy.
Again sorry if you feel this way!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 10-20-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:05 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Guys,

U know I cant resist!

All of this SENSITIVE conversation has made me stop, take a deep breath, and re-examine my INNER beauty

Stacy,
send me the tech and I will get a weight. Only one mod though(cans). I dont think the reds help the performance, but they might knock off a couple of pounds

Jim

Old 12-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Well guys,

Decided to sell the Modified VF supercharger and pursue another route....thinking TPC turbo!
I have always wanted to compare the TPC charger against the VF charger and when TPC came up with this turbo......the temptation got the best of me!
I guess I will be one of the few that will actually get to do this comparison.
Between the DIY install and performance,of both set-ups,I will report back with some honest results!

OH and thanks to Cattman for getting me into this MESS by buying the charger,LOL!!!
Once he gets it I wish him the best,for an install like I had!
What a way to KILL the winter blues...!

Here is where I am at right now,OH BOY!.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)