997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:34 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Stacy must be getting restless. He's posting messages at 4am for God's sake! TPC better hurry up before he puts that SC back on his car just for something to do.

By the way, I think we all need to celebrate the one year anniversary tomorrow for this amazing thread that has attracted almost 34,000 views over the past year. Congrats to Stacy for providing such an interesting and entertaining thread! I wonder if his new thread for the DIY install of a TPC turbo will reach this milestone.

Last edited by keninirvine; 12-17-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
OK here goes...!
I changed the lines over today....filled the purge tank and started to bleed the system.It seemed to be getting close,when all of a sudden it shot me in the face,LOL!
Ended up that VF had the right lay-out in the first place(how dare I question the instructions).

This is one of those moments that I embarassed myself on the forums!

So I want to thank 1999porsche911,IAPorscheDoc and Redridge for dealing with my countless pm's last night!
Sorry guys....panic set-in!
You guys are always right and I am....well......aaaahhhhhh you know!?

Anyway,IC system has been bled.
But not without wasting a ton of coolant on my garage floor!
You think the floors bad,you should see my clothes.
Man does that pump move the coolant!!

Thanks for the diagram.

ECU OUT tomorrow...for sure!

Stacy

What was the error here? Hope to avoid it myself. What did you do wrong, that wasn't as per the instructions?
CATTMAN

Old 01-13-2010, 08:31 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
What was the error here? Hope to avoid it myself. What did you do wrong, that wasn't as per the instructions?
CATTMAN
At first I thought I had the pump running the wrong direction,but after numerous face-full of coolant moments......it was the pump just cavitating!
In the end it all worked out!
Jack the car up with the front end lower than the back and pre-fill the reservoir in the front......and,this was the trick I did,was to leave the reservoir on the floor with the two inlets facing up,then began to fill the system completely.Once filled I put the reservoir in place!

Stacy

P.S.....thanks for bringing ONE of the messiest parts of my installs back to life,LOL!

Old 02-16-2010, 05:55 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
As many know I had sold my Modified VF charger to Cattman and was going with the TPC turbo.
Long story short....TPC was amazing with communication and details(I was one of the first that knew about their turbo set-up) and was offered an amazing deal to run it!
So I pulled my charger off and sold it.

Along the way a very good friend of mine had gotten a SWEET deal on a charger(the deal I put him onto AFTER I had bought mine)......well one thing lead to another and he decided NOT to install it after-all and offered it to me for what he paid for it.......
Well the deal was WAAAY too good on this VF supercharger so I bought it !
Nothing against TPC,as I think they have a stellar product..that performs like all of the other TPC stuff does !
But like I said this charger WAS a smokin' deal!

Here is a pic of the charger when I received it,it had small scratches,gouges and a flat spot on top(just like my other one)......only this time I decided to 'clean' things up on it!
I used 500 grit sand paper then wet sanded with the 500,then 2500 then polished the crap out of it using cut polish and a wool pad on my car polisher.It worked amazing!
I also freshened up the paint on the IC using a can of spray paint(satin black) and a sponge.I dabbed the paint on with the sponge...again worked great!

The start of the second,even MORE powerful Modified VF charger install.

Last edited by justatoy; 02-16-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:03 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Stacy: It is time to start a new thread for your new project.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:05 PM
I could definitely do that..!
I just talked about water/meth injection here in this one and finally going to follow through it!
So that is why I was going to continue here......

Stacy

Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I could definitely do that..!
I just talked about water/meth injection here in this one and finally going to follow through it!
So that is why I was going to continue here......

Stacy

To quote Will Ferrell from Old School after he takes a dart to the neck "You're crazy man. You're crazy. I like you, but you're crazy."

Charger looks awesome!

Old 02-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Stacey.... you need to go to rehab or something.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Hey, I get it, and I know it's the right thing to do.
I'd like the 2 of us to get together on an install, and make a video.
CATTMAN

Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
welcome back to the VF supercharger club stacey!

Old 02-17-2010, 11:00 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redridge
This is rehab for Stacy!

Old 02-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
To quote Will Ferrell from Old School after he takes a dart to the neck "You're crazy man. You're crazy. I like you, but you're crazy."

Charger looks awesome!
I think this may just convince myself that I am a tad bit 'messed',LOL!
Thanks for the compliment on the 'shine' of the charger....since it was polished at one time,it really didn't take all that much to bring the 'shine' back!

Originally Posted by Redridge
Yeah I know......ISSUES,LOL!

Originally Posted by angldrkns9
welcome back to the VF supercharger club stacey!
Just glad to be putting some sort of FI back in this 'Toilet'.....

Originally Posted by NorthVan
This is rehab for Stacy!
Ed is right,cleaning,polishing and detailing is rehab for me.I work in the drywall industry all day(dusty)/muddy construction sites,so cleaning/polishing the car,makes me feel better!
The worst part is putting the charger in,it is bound to get scratched....really nothing you can do to avoid it.I will however do my best to protect the brilliant shine by wrapping the charger in masking tape.

Just having the IC drilled and tapped for the water/meth injection.I am really curious to see IF there will be ANY benefit to power with adding this OR if it will just add to the safety of the system....
Now I am waiting for the tools I lent Cattman,to make his install a bit easier,to be sent back to me and I should have it done in a day or two!

Stacy

Old 02-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Brumos-59 is infamous around these parts
Cool to see a supercharger on a p car. Pretty rare.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:56 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Ed is right,cleaning,polishing and detailing is rehab for me.I work in the drywall industry all day(dusty)/muddy construction sites,so cleaning/polishing the car,makes me feel better!
The worst part is putting the charger in,it is bound to get scratched....really nothing you can do to avoid it.I will however do my best to protect the brilliant shine by wrapping the charger in masking tape.
You know that can always polish it again when you install it. BTW if you want to clean my car, let me know, it could really use a little TLC!

Old 02-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
You know that can always polish it again when you install it. BTW if you want to clean my car, let me know, it could really use a little TLC!
Your car definitely needs TLC for sure,I can't believe the way you treat your car!..........BUT I do not think I can clean the 'BURNT' color from your calipers,LOL!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)