997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Paint will make it look as good as new!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Wow! What a huge thread, this does seem to get a little confusing. So does Justatoy still have supercharger installed or not? Nice write up by the way.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:08 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Airrik
Wow! What a huge thread, this does seem to get a little confusing. So does Justatoy still have supercharger installed or not? Nice write up by the way.
I do not... BUT wish I did,LOL!

BUT I have owned two kits which I modified to make GREAT power and they are still running strong!
One is Cattman's and the other IS CanuckC4S...!

I have to say the special that Vivid racing is having,they are selling the chargers C-H-E-A-P.....almost got me to buy another one!

Cheers,

Stacy

Old 11-23-2010, 07:11 PM
12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold
how much for the kit alone? Thanks

Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by T07S997
how much for the kit alone? Thanks
Here is Vivid Racing's special for the 997...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...clearance.html

Old 11-24-2010, 12:04 AM
ROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the roughROADRAGE is a jewel in the rough
Damn Stacy, over 40K views.. You are the thew Man!!!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:09 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE
Shshshshshhhhhhh
It might go to his head.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:55 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Shshshshshhhhhhh
It might go to his head.

Ken,

"Might" go 2 his head? U been 2 his house......why the oversized doors?????? LOL

Jim

Old 11-24-2010, 05:32 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
What is going on with the turbo install or did I miss that thread?

Old 11-24-2010, 06:11 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lacrosse

I think with all the ECU problems they were having on 05 cars, Stacy is seeing what the outcome is......of course Im sure he will chime in once he wakes up.........

Jim

Old 11-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE
Got lucky,LOL!

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Shshshshshhhhhhh
It might go to his head.
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Ken,

"Might" go 2 his head? U been 2 his house......why the oversized doors?????? LOL

Jim
You guys crack me up!

Originally Posted by lacrosse
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
I think with all the ECU problems they were having on 05 cars, Stacy is seeing what the outcome is......of course Im sure he will chime in once he wakes up.........

Jim
Jim is correct......I had ordered/paid for a TPC turbo at one point and with all the issues that TPC was having with the '05 ECU,I was waiting for over 3 months for a kit and being THAT it was end of the nice weather,I requested a refund,which TPC took care of!

That install thread I started that Jim is talking about can be found here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...fe-can-do.html

I guess TPC claims they have since fixed the issues......

But I have to say,even though a turbo can make more power with the same boost as a supercharger......the supercharger is C-R-A-Z-Y looking under the decklid...and when opened it always drew a crowd !

Cheers Guys,

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 11-24-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:16 AM
mmmatrix is infamous around these parts
WOW! just came across this thread... I guess it's too late to go for a drive with you Stacy in a SC 911. I just picked up my 07 Targa4 in september and looking to increase the power.

Albert

Old 11-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by mmmatrix
WOW! just came across this thread... I guess it's too late to go for a drive with you Stacy in a SC 911. I just picked up my 07 Targa4 in september and looking to increase the power.

Albert
Hey Albert,

Yeah it is too bad I still do not have it......BUT
IF you decide to do a supercharger(and Vivid racing is selling them cheap)....I know a GREAT installer,local to you!

Stacy

Old 11-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
The promotional price offered by VF-E is incredible, to the point I am tempted to buy one, and resell it with installation. It is the BEST way to add power to a 997, period. More enjoyable than a turbo, too, as there is no lag.

I am nearly 1 year and 8k miles on mine, as a daily driver, and a track monster. Raced it against a Ferrari F430 Challenge car, and it held it's own...

Loving my SC! Proud of it's lineage: Blakt Out, JustaToy, and now me.
CATTMAN

Old 11-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by Cattman
The promotional price offered by VF-E is incredible, to the point I am tempted to buy one, and resell it with installation. It is the BEST way to add power to a 997, period. More enjoyable than a turbo, too, as there is no lag.

I am nearly 1 year and 8k miles on mine, as a daily driver, and a track monster. Raced it against a Ferrari F430 Challenge car, and it held it's own...

Loving my SC! Proud of it's lineage: Blakt Out, JustaToy, and now me.
CATTMAN
With the added power of 1999porsche911 and justatoy modifications!
Cattman I am sooo glad you are still happy with it!

Cheers Mate,

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 11-27-2010 at 12:55 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)