997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Well The package finally arrived today !

Funny thing too...
Somebody PM'd me tonight asking if my car is still for sale,LOL!
"I told him everything is for sale for the right price !" and sent him this link,LOL !
Think it will scare him off "IF" when he sees this thread?

Stacy
That cooler in the pic was the most ingenious thing to pack in !!!
Double-walled and DURABLE and frickin' HUGE !
Thanks to Jared !!

PS I guess since I will not track my car I could bring the drinks (and a lot of them in that cooler) for the "Trackies" for afterwards,sitting around the pits

Last edited by justatoy; 01-10-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:06 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Looks like there is nothing to hold you back now Stacy. We expect to see photos of the installation progress every day......or week, as the case may be. And I want a ride in that beast later this year.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:06 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Very nice Stacy, I hope to help you empty the cooler after you fill it.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:12 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Looks like there is nothing to hold you back now Stacy. We expect to see photos of the installation progress every day......or week, as the case may be. And I want a ride in that beast later this year.
Photos..absolutely/definately!
I will pick-you up at the airport when you come back......AGGGHHH better yet...I am possibly planning a road trip to Vegas,California and then Arizona this March !
Want to meet up ?

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Very nice Stacy, I hope to help you empty the cooler after you fill it.
If you come over and help I will fill it NOW and even throw in a couple of free pizzas,LOL!!
I will even fill it and celebrate this install if all goes well and you,my friend,are invited,LOL!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-10-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:03 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
looking forward to this!!! GL.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:32 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
good luck stacy, you have quite the project going here. Jared, shipping a supercharger in a cooler-- only in the south buddy

Old 01-10-2009, 08:34 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Hey now, that was a perfect way to ship that bad boy!

Old 01-10-2009, 09:09 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
nice packing job BLAKT OUT, JUSTATOY will love the extra power from the kit. I'll be watching for updates.....

Old 01-10-2009, 04:19 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Stacey, AWESOME thread. I had no idea this was going on.....

...but BE CAREFUL with the install....i dont want my future car getting scratched

(waiting for more pics/info)

Jon

Old 01-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Stacey, AWESOME thread. I had no idea this was going on.....

...but BE CAREFUL with the install....i dont want my future car getting scratched

(waiting for more pics/info)

Jon
LOL,you have no idea what rumours will now be started because of that post !!
Sent you a PM !

I now that you may grow bored with some of the posts but I am just trying to show the steps taken to help out.I have been asked to do it !
Sorry if it becomes mundane !
I am being extremely careful,I try to only do a couple hours at a time,methodically thinking things out!
I am also trying to offer VF(Delius) some helpful hints about labelling parts to make the installation for the typical guy to install,easier!
Whether they listen to me or not who knows,but,let's face it....if you could save a few thousand dollars doing the install yourself,wouldn't you !
Plus all the enjoyment of doing it yourself!

You guys think your adrenaline pumps when you race,try this install,LOL!
Anyway,cleaned up some parts,took some inventory,layed out the hoses and installed the center radiator today!

Here is how I am trying to get them to label the hoses,otherwise,I may have spent a lot more time trying to figure them out (Thanks to Synergy racing fo doing this upon the un-install of Jared's car).

Last edited by justatoy; 01-10-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:00 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
If you keep documenting each step this way, YOU can make the installation instructions available to others, for a nominal fee of course.

BTW, you make me nervous doing all this work with nothing protecting your car. Why not throw some sheets or blankets over it to protect that gorgeous black paint?

Keep it coming Stacy.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
If you keep documenting each step this way, YOU can make the installation instructions available to others, for a nominal fee of course.

BTW, you make me nervous doing all this work with nothing protecting your car. Why not throw some sheets or blankets over it to protect that gorgeous black paint?

Keep it coming Stacy.
Not really doing anything to jeopardize the paint yet.Removing the bumpers is really all you need to do.DUST will settle and wash off and besides all my bumpers,sideskirts and rear spats are sitting on the work blankets!
You should have seen it after building the sideskirts and it was perfect when done,LOL!
When I say "careful" I mean it,I move like a snail around this car!
I will however probably apply masking tape and blankets along the rear fenders when installing the charger but for now I am under the car so not much risk!

Stacy

Old 01-10-2009, 05:26 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
This is great! You're my idol. Looking forward to the progress of your project.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Those hose on tight corners have a tendency to kink... I took my hoses apart where there were significant kinks and used Goodyear EZ coils... I wish they used this as a standard with this kit... highly recommended by the front radiators, the run going to the engine bay and the water pump area... If you need pics let me know.

Its alot easier to do this now than later..

http://www.goodyearep.com/productsdetail.aspx?id=16154

Old 01-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Redridge
Those hose on tight corners have a tendency to kink... I took my hoses apart where there were significant kinks and used Goodyear EZ coils... I wish they used this as a standard with this kit... highly recommended by the front radiators, the run going to the engine bay and the water pump area... If you need pics let me know.

Its alot easier to do this now than later..
Wow,thanks!
I will have to find these at the local shop!
So much for running the water lines tomorrow,LOL!

Stacy

PS this is the kind of advice/help that "MAKEs" this forum unbelievable !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)