997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:40 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Redridge is VERY right. Synergy did some other things to keep this from happening, but Redridge has a great solution here.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
Redridge is VERY right. Synergy did some other things to keep this from happening, but Redridge has a great solution here.
Great solution where you guys are...we are in CANADA where you can't get a thing!
I am having a hard time finding these things!
What did synergy do to help this?

Stacy

Old 01-10-2009, 08:59 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Great solution where you guys are...we are in CANADA where you can't get a thing!
I am having a hard time finding these things!
What did synergy do to help this?

Stacy
Scratch that post above!
I think,of all places,Canadian Tire has it !
WOOOHOOO,I may get these lines in tomorrow after-all!

Stacy

Old 01-10-2009, 09:08 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Unless they have changed the system, the hoses are all braided and need no further sheathing.

Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2009, 09:31 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy
Scratch that post above!
I think,of all places,Canadian Tire has it !
WOOOHOOO,I may get these lines in tomorrow after-all!

Stacy
Check with Kerrigan Monday, as I don't remember exactly what he did. He's checked in on your thread though!

Old 01-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
try using this link... it might locate one for you... I did it with my zip and found 54 hits within 30 miles.

http://www.goodyearep.com/locatorrp.aspx

Old 01-11-2009, 12:23 PM
pnutty is infamous around these parts
good stuff with the progress pics buddy! keep them coming!

Old 01-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Kerrigan Smith has a spectacular aura aboutKerrigan Smith has a spectacular aura aboutKerrigan Smith has a spectacular aura about
Stacy, I am sure the knowledge and advice you will get from your friends on this thread will far surpass my knowledge on this subject. We have removed an SC not installed one. The only suggestion I would make is get your self a tube of " Sil Glide". It can be found at your local NAPA store. Before making any connections you will want to coat the inside of the rubber hoses. This will help down the road with heat cycles on the rubber; but the biggest gain will be during assembly. If you assembled something before you should of , it will make it that much easier to slide off. Which is a huge gain if you get into those tight spots where you can only hold your tongue and breath for so long until it is assembled. I love this forum and the people on it, this is the way it should be.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks again Kerrigan,
You have gone above and beyond with your help so far...!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-12-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:42 PM
With all my running around today I didn't get much time to work on it today(2 -3 hours) but here IS what I accomplished!
I mocked up the pump and bracket marked it with a pencil.
I then took the cross brace off and drilled two holes(17/64")mounted the water-pump and then re-installed.Also notice where I put on one of those Goodyear E-Z springs(to stop the line from getting kinked).I also decide to wrap the hoses with hockey tape for a cleaner look! If using these springs you will need to put them on before wrapping the hoses with any type of tape or covering because the springs are a tight fit!

I ran the hose a few times all the way to the front to check which route would be the best way.
I then pulled it out back to the D.S.(driver side) footwell and added another E-Z spring.

Here is where I ran it through the front D.S. wheel well.I removed the small bracket clip(seen in the pic) to make room above it for the hose.PLEASE be careful with that line,it carries coolant for the car AND is very fragile.When routing from this point to the front make sure you remember the inner fender piece must go back in place,so choose the appropriate route.In the pic you can also see how I followed the radiator hose.

The last pic shows the last E-Z spring used on this side.

I will after everything is done go back and fasten the hose with ties!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-11-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Woo hoo!

Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Looking good Stacy, you are a very patient person, a lot more patient then I am.

Thanks for the update.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 AM
zschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud of
Love to see this. Thinking about doing the same thing. Local shop wants $2k for install.

Thanks for all the good photos...

Old 01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Stacy is the perfect pioneer for this forum in doing this. I love it. I'm just so glad that I had a chance to be a part of it. (sniff, sniff)

Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Sooo, like, have you smoked any Mustangs yet Stacey? LOL JK.

I love this thread on so many levels. The car is so cool, the ***** to try this is incredible, and the fact that someday i wish to do the same thing to a car - just awesomeness all around.

So in additon to the SC Kit, what else is going on the car (or coming off) while its all torn apart?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)