997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy

PS I am planning a trip hopefully in march and would love to meet a few along my way!
I will have to post my travel route down the I-5.
The forsure places so far will be:
Autowave(Huntington beach) for a dyno session
DPE wheels(not sure where they are but I think they are along my way)
Vf engineering
Irvine Ca. to visit keninirvine
Final destination Phoenix

I may hit up Vegas on the way back!

Let us know when! We could set up a so cal meet during your visit!

Matt

Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Jared, PM me with the dates that you will be in town. I will make sure I don't leave town to do a track day.
Ed,

Thanks for that. I will when I know. I just emailed her and she hasn't solidified the date yet. "End of June, first of July". I will absolutely save time to hang with you and Stacy. Rock on.

Jared

Old 01-13-2009, 03:33 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I really apprecite all of the efforts put forward from the various companies involved here as well!
Two words.."CRAZY AMAZING"!
Prime example is...I ordered a part last night via PM to Steve @ Suncoast Porsche,heard a million times how great he was to deal with,was phoning today to give him my Credit Card info and to my surprise he had already sent the part,LOL!

Another example is Kerrigan @ Synergy racing...I haven't bought a thing from him but because Jared is so tight with him,he does anything to help me out too!

Vf for offering me support/parts anytime I need it!

This is why forums should exist:
Too show-off you car/talents,offer advice/support and just flat out enjoying the time spent here....!

Thanks to everyone for all of the reading I have done here on 6speed,my turn to pay-back!

Stacy

PS going to work on the car right now....bye for now!

Last edited by justatoy; 01-13-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:30 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Today's goal was to run passenger side( P.S.) hoses,mount front reservoir and hook up all lines in the front.This was the tougher of the two sides.
Working from front to back.
Here are a few pics:

Had to remove the horn bracket to pull the coolant lines through...and yes this is a fairly tight spot to work.I used two E-Z springs here,could of got away with one but better safe than sorry,plus I had a few extras!

Like the D.S. I removed the clip holding the car's coolant line(again PLEASE be careful working around this line,it is a VERY fragile piece).I then ran the line above it and the brake line.

The underneath P.S. footwell used up two more E-Z springs around the S-turn. Really tight above that car's coolant pipe.I still have to play around with this area just to ease up that bend.

Trying to keep the intercooler(IC) lines as cool as possible.Here is how I am going to tie-up them up,trying to keep them away from the car's coolant lines as they run to the back of the car.The IC lines cannot be completely away from the car's coolant lines but for the majority I have done my best!

The back of the car was rerally challenging placing,bending and working the IC line into place.3 more E-Z springs used.

Next up....Engine Bay.....fuel injectors (hardest part).....

Stacy

Old 01-13-2009, 09:48 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Excellent documentation, my man. It appears those E-Z springs saved the day. I can't imagine how you would have succeeded without them.

I love this stuff.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:55 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I'm plain proud to know him...

Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM
AJ997S is infamous around these parts
Note to VF-E; Please start providing EZ springs in your SC kits, seems many people have problems with kinking. Lovin' it Stacy!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by AJ997S
Note to VF-E; Please start providing EZ springs in your SC kits, seems many people have problems with kinking. Lovin' it Stacy!
Not sure how many people are having problems and there are alot of kits out there,so I would think that it isn't a problem with a new kit.
However,I do think it is a great remedy to a potential problem especially in a used kit!
Being a used kit I may have run a line a bit different than the previous installer thus resulting in pressure/kinking in an already 'softened' up hose.
To phrase the statement "supply E-Z springs",I would say IF you buy a used kit then they are a must !
Again, my kit was bought used so it is a bit harder/different to install!

Stacy

Old 01-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Well guys,I had what I would call a HUGE day!
Let's start here:

My scratch pad(no paper)garage floor:
Worked great and couldn't lose it like a piece of paper!

The best thing for keeping things neat and tidy...use alot of tie straps.
Here is a pic of what I did.I fastened them to the car's coolant lines and also tied them together leaving a small space between all of them so that they won't chafe or heat up !
When/if the dealer ever drops the underpanels,they should be impressed by the neatness!

I also cut in half a hose I bought and wrapped it around the IC lines where they were touching metal(transmission braces).

I then went to the engine compartment and.....installed the NEW injectors!
Wow talked about tight places!!!
To be totally honest though...it was harder pulling the injectors out,than putting them in..go figure.
Follow their instructions to a 'T' on this one!
I tried my own version for putting the injectors in.I put them in the motor first and then tried putting the fuel rain on after,DON'T DO IT,doesn't work,LOL!
I then did it exactly the way VF told me to do!
I sprayed a very tiny bit of silicone spray on the o-rings of the injectors....really helps seat them.
Also be VERY careful when putting the retainer clips on.Alot of this step is done by feel and ear!
I really listened to make sure the injectors wires/coil wires made a 'click' sound on!
Here are a couple of pics of how tight it is:

Passenger side

Drivers side(tightest spot by far)

Here is a BS pic that I thought I would share,LOL(just so you guys can put a face to the name):

Stacy

PS Home stretch now!
Just waiting on a couple of things,so hopefully next week I can finish up the rest and send my ECU off right after!

Last edited by justatoy; 01-14-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:37 PM
ROCKIN!

Respect to you, bro.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice work Stacy!

I am very impressed with your progress. I see you have the LSD on the way. You just need to drive your car more!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:30 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pretty handy when it comes to installing mods, but I don't think I would have the patience to attempt an install like this. My hat's off to you!! Thanks for letting us in on your little journey down FI lane.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Amazing! Much respect to you! Thanks for documenting this. I'll definitely print out your tips when it's time for me to do mine.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Subscribed. Great thread and nice install so far.

It's interesting how we have the same kit yet a lot of the parts look different as the package evolved.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:05 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
amazing work Stacy, keep the pics coming. I like how you used the garage floor as your note pad. Btw, will the plastic zip ties hold up over time?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)