997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:38 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)

Full update in post #478.Video coming soon.....

Well,waiting on the big box from Jared(blakt out)....VF Supercharger.
All the bumpers and under panels have been removed.Started on the engine compartment.
Airbox,belt and driver side fuel injectors have been removed.
One thing to remember,if you do this yourself,is that sometimes you will need to take a few more things apart then the instructons will have you believe,to make room.DON'T get the wrong idea the instructions are really good,it's just you may need to unplug a harness here or wire there.
If you have big hands and no patience DO NOT DO THIS JOB,LOL!
Good thing I have small hands(and that doesn't mean what you guys are thinking).The spots they actually fit stuff is ridiculous.My hands are covered in tiny scrapes all over.Really looking forward to the installation of the new injectors.
If anyone could give ANY helpful hints of the installation of injectors feel free to voice your input!
Is there any type of lube I can put on the injector o-ring ends to help seat them properly?
I will be posting more pics just as soon as the Supercharger arrives(a few weeks).

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 10-12-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:48 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Best wishes for a problem-free install. I'm jealous! Looking forward to your install.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
you are the man! i paid to get my done. you can save a lot of money!!!!!!!! you are going to love the kit! its out of this world!!!!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:54 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Vortech?

Old 12-18-2008, 09:37 PM
centreville21 is infamous around these parts
thanks for the post I will be checking back to see the progress...

Old 12-18-2008, 09:49 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jstrat85
you are the man! i paid to get my done. you can save a lot of money!!!!!!!! you are going to love the kit! its out of this world!!!!
My shop quoted me $2000 for the install.I do believe it is money well spent!
If it was spring or summer I probably would have paid to have it done but as you can see form this thread

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-starts.html

I was well on my way!

Stacy

PS:It's already a love/hate relationship...I hate the install but I know I will love the pull from the stop light,LOL!

Just hope I don't regret my decision to do this?!

Last edited by justatoy; 12-24-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:54 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
For the injectors, smear a little silicone lubricant on the o rings, and that will help you pop them in place. Getting the clips on and seated correctly is the fun part on the 997. You have to do it all be feel and with one hand. Have an extendable magnet handy and be patient. The injectors are the hardest part of the kit.

Nick from VF was standing in the shop telling me I couldn't get the injectors in without removing the coolant tank. I just laughed at him as I put them in with him standing there.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Since we have ****ty weather now. Is a good time to do it! wish you luck and we need to come out next spring for meet or cruise!

Old 12-18-2008, 10:26 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Stacy, man. That's awesome. You're gonna love it when THIS baby arrives at your door!

Old 12-18-2008, 10:43 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Stacy, I am impressed with your DIY project. I wouldn't even consider a job like this.

You really need to take your car to the track next spring.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
WOW man I wish I have your skills to enjoy tuning my car. I really wish you all the best

Old 12-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Stacy, I am impressed with your DIY project. I wouldn't even consider a job like this.

You really need to take your car to the track next spring.
From how he clean up his car to DIY SC kit install, he is my garage hero!!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:34 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ray
From how he clean up his car to DIY SC kit install, he is my garage hero!!
I agree, we just need him to drive his car on a day that is less then desirable!

Old 12-19-2008, 05:11 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Install the injectors from beneath the car. Much easier.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by justatoy
My shop quoted me $2000 for the install.I do believe it is money well spent!
If it was spring or summer I probably would have paid to have it done but as you can see form this thread

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-starts.html

I was well on my way!

Stacy

PS:It's already a love/hate relationship...I hate ther install but I know I will love the pull from the stop light,LOL!

Just hope I don't regret my decision to do this?!
i paid a lot more than $2,000 to install it!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: Vf Supercharger install(do it yourself style)