997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How Much Do You Pay A Month For Your Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:00 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[QUOTE][My issue is that when cars are leased or financed - the lenders dictate your car insurance coverages/QUOTE]

True . But if one is driving around in a modified high end car it's my opinion to be heavily insured . Even though my car is a cash deal with 700 Hp I have notified the insurance co. of every modification and have coverage above and beyond what a finance company would require.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:54 PM
babymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to behold
[quote=yrralis1;2193843]
[My issue is that when cars are leased or financed - the lenders dictate your car insurance coverages/QUOTE]

True . But if one is driving around in a modified high end car it's my opinion to be heavily insured . Even though my car is a cash deal with 700 Hp I have notified the insurance co. of every modification and have coverage above and beyond what a finance company would require.
very smart move on your part

Old 12-30-2008, 07:31 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Question

Originally Posted by Ferrari430
Hello everyone,

I am just starting to look into getting my first porsche. I am looking either lease of buy a base 997.2.

Just wandering how much people are paying to either lease or buy a new 997.2.
Are you finished wandering?

How old are you?

Old 12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
re:insurance. I maintain high liability coverages, but I don't like car dealers or banks telling me I need a $100 or $250 comp/col coverages. Those drive up my costs more than the higher liability does.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:15 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I had to wait awhile but if couldn't pay cash for it I wouldn't let myself lease a 100k car. This is just my personal situatuion. By the time I would pay the finance charges, it just made sense to me to get a great deal on an 06 and own it. but...

Now I'm peaking over the fence on an 09...so I'm full of crap

Old 01-03-2009, 06:33 AM
gray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud of
Paying $1430.00/month for an 09 base c2 msrp of $86,000, with $10,000 down! Better than a lease!
Vic

Old 01-05-2009, 08:45 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Ha, just found out PFS (Porsche Financial Services) lets you insure financed/leased cars with higher comp/coll deductibles. That changes the equation for me. So I'm looking at payments of about 600-800 / month for a MY07 997TT for 5 years with a trade in.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
+1.
IMHO, the buy versus finance debate has no 'correct' answer. Always a function of ones economic situation, tolerance for risk, investment savvyness, economic outlook, et al. So I just don't agree with those who think they can teach the ip a lesson in economics.
FWIW, I chose the pre-owned route. It fit my comfort level, and leverages the fact that there are a lot of people who lease these cars and then turn them after the lease period or purchase and turn them quickly
For such a great machine, their depreciation is quite significant while the warranty is pretty long. Rather than the economic risks outlined, I traded those risks for the risk of prior owner abuse. A PPI helped, but I knew the risk I was taking. Overall, it turned out rather nicely. I likely paid too much - holding out for the color I had to have (white of course), but, like a new car, I didn't want to settle.
Probably saved $35K (gross estimate) by purchasing a two year car with 20K miles. It's the first time I ever bought a used car (except in college). Never thought I'd do so - particularly a sports car with higher risks of prior abuse. But I did. It worked. I'll do it again when used 997.2 GT3's start showing up.
Like I said, to each his own.

Originally Posted by Dunit
We can all agree that cash is king. With interest rates at an all time low and the future of our economy uncertain, I would keep the cash in the bank and make payments. I can appreciate owning your car out right. It must feel great to have it paid off but imho I would rather have the 90k in the bank and the same car in the garage. Any thoughts on the future values of the 997.2. Not sure if it is going to be a classic like the 993 or 911s. With that said it is not an investment and you will probably loose half your value in the next few years. Why pay cash? Instead of paying 90k for a 997.2 find yourself a 06 C2S with 10k miles for 55k. Just a thought.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:21 AM
350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough
i paid $750 a month with $28k down, and I have 10% interest rate. Im young so banks consider me high risk from what I was told when i went shopping for cars.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Is that daytrader bit a cheap way to get advertising? What's it got to do with what you paid for your car? Maybe I missed the point of relevance.