997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How Much Do You Pay A Month For Your Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Ferrari430 is infamous around these parts
How Much Do You Pay A Month For Your Car?

Hello everyone,

I am just starting to look into getting my first porsche. I am looking either lease of buy a base 997.2.

Just wandering how much people are paying to either lease or buy a new 997.2.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:41 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Smile

Welcome!

The answer to your question, would depend upon several factors...

Final cost of the vehicle

Customer credit history

Down payment amount

If there was a trade-in

Which type of loan or lease

The lease "numbers"

The month/year that the loan/lease is created

If the buyer had any parental co-signer

Etc.

None of these factors are the same, with any of us.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 PM
babymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to beholdbabymd is a splendid one to behold
IMO if you can lease it through a personal company, it may become somewhat of a write off, and when the lease is up either continue with a new model or buy it outright, but then there is no write off from that point onward.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:48 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Zero . I own mine outright .

When (and if ) I sell it then I'll give you a better answer.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Zero....pay for all your toys in cash

Old 12-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Redlined has a spectacular aura aboutRedlined has a spectacular aura about
Zero....pay for all your toys in cash +2

Old 12-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Paid cash...wife can't ***** that it's upsetting the monthly budget.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:19 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redlined
Zero....pay for all your toys in cash +2
+3

Cash is King, especially for depreciating assets.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:50 PM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
Cash in full at time of delivery. All the toys should be paid for when aquired. My wife and I hate payments and if we cannot afford it we really do not need it.
I sleep very well at night.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:48 PM
B R A N D X® is infamous around these parts
I applaud those with the ability to pay in full, up front for an $80-120K+ vehicle, but if Porsches were only purchased by those who didn't need to finance, I believe Porsche would be out of business.

To the OP......just build your dream car online at Porsche's website and at the end use the finance/lease calculator to plug in various down payment and interest rate levels to get an idea of what you'll have to pay. Figure an interest rate in the low to mid 5% range currently if you have good credit.

Factor about 5-7% or so discount from the MSRP in to your down payment entry. So if you have a $95K car "built" add $5,000 or so to your down payment to account for the discount you'll no doubt negotiate.

P.S. To those smug about paying in full for your toys, I purchased an '08 BMW X5 for my wife a few months ago at .9% financing. Since my investment portfolio is up 20% YTD it would have been a bad decision to have paid cash for her new vehicle.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:54 PM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Zero - hopefully can do the same on a 997TT. I bought a 2 year old car and will do the same next time. I paid cash so I would not have monthly payments AND so I could control my car insurance costs - else the bank, dealer, or leasing co. make you choose more costly insurance.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Kurt_OH is infamous around these partsKurt_OH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by B R A N D X®
I applaud those with the ability to pay in full, up front for an $80-120K+ vehicle, but if Porsches were only purchased by those who didn't need to finance, I believe Porsche would be out of business.

To the OP......just build your dream car online at Porsche's website and at the end use the finance/lease calculator to plug in various down payment and interest rate levels to get an idea of what you'll have to pay. Figure an interest rate in the low to mid 5% range currently if you have good credit.

Factor about 5-7% or so discount from the MSRP in to your down payment entry. So if you have a $95K car "built" add $5,000 or so to your down payment to account for the discount you'll no doubt negotiate.

P.S. To those smug about paying in full for your toys, I purchased an '08 BMW X5 for my wife a few months ago at .9% financing. Since my investment portfolio is up 20% YTD it would have been a bad decision to have paid cash for her new vehicle.
One could question why a person would even post in such an unresponsive way - the OP asked specifically about PAYMENTS, not about "how to pay - cash, lease or finance".

Anyone paying cash has no idea what to do with their money anyway.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
One could question why a person would even post in such an unresponsive way - the OP asked specifically about PAYMENTS, not about "how to pay - cash, lease or finance".

Anyone paying cash has no idea what to do with their money anyway.
Most likely it's folks more proud of the fact that they paid cash rather than trying to actually be helpful.

That's how I read them anyway.......

Old 12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
zero here as well. paid for both outright. that way....no interest and we can spend the money on mods and make the cars track ready. =) and no...i'm not posting because i'm "proud that i paid outright". the OP did mention "lease or buy". so i believe that's why others have posted that they bought outright. we purchased outright because it's the way i feel suits us best for car purchases. i've done all of the above before. lease, buy outright, etc....

with leasing there are good things and bad things about it. turning it in can be tough as they are usually very particular about milage, condition, paint, chips, rock chips, etc. plus with leasing, you probably wouldn't be taking it to autox, the track, etc. it all depends on what your looking for.

best wishes

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 12-28-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
zero here as well. paid for both outright. that way....no interest and we can spend the money on mods and make the cars track ready. =) and no...i'm not posting because i'm "proud that i paid outright". it's just the way i feel suits us best for car purchases. i've done all of the above before. lease, buy outright, etc....

with leasing there are good things and bad things about it. turning it in can be tough as they are usually very particular about milage, condition, paint, chips, rock chips, etc.

best wishes
Great! But an "I paid cash" post just isn't helpful to the OP.

And again.....if your return on investments is greater than your interest rate you'd have even more to spend on mod's......right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Much Do You Pay A Month For Your Car?