997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Very Red 997S back from GMG!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 03:10 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Amazing . The exhaust probably sounds fantastic and I imagine it probably baffles a lot of 997S owners who have stock cars and see yours .

I can't handle the red lobster wheels . I like the idea of a black centered spoke wheel with a step lip . The Hre C21 .

I can handle adding a Gt3 front , techart mirror inserts and painted (red)roof spoiler .
I can handle a silver badge .

Yikes --it's expensive but you are already in deep with this nice setup .
Beautiful job . Very creative. Soud clip of the exhaust?

Best wishes with it.

Last edited by yrralis1; 01-03-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:37 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mobonic
JEllis

Im in SD also, and I just ordered a GT3 kit for my 997S.

I would love to see your car in person to see how mine may turn out.

I'm also going to get the GMG GT3 exhaust eventually.

Looks rad!
PM me, I love showing off my toys and see other peoples!

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Jason, looks very nice. I agree that the red wheels are too much red. I would also lower the car, will look so much better. Enjoy the new sounds, the 997 sounds like beast when you let it breathe a bit.
I will probably lower the car once I move out of my current house and into a house with a less steep driveway!

Originally Posted by MelsM3
It looks very good!

The only things that I'd prefer...

GT3-RS rear spoiler

Red OEM taillights

Standard color wheels
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Amazing . The exhaust probably sounds fantastic and I imagine it probably baffles a lot of 997S owners who have stock cars and see yours .

I can't handle the red lobster wheels . I like the idea of a black centered spoke wheel with a step lip . The Hre C21 .

I can handle adding a Gt3 front , techart mirror inserts and painted (red)roof spoiler .
I can handle a silver badge .

Yikes --it's expensive but you are already in deep with this nice setup .
Beautiful job . Very creative. Soud clip of the exhaust?

Best wishes with it.
Yeah, new wheels are probably not far off. That being said, the wheels are one of the things that attracted to me to this very red car.

Jason

Old 01-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Is there any drone?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Jason I love it...the 17mm spacers the way they brought the wheels out to the edge is perfect. The red lobster's I could live without but it does add a uniqueness to your car with quite good personalization.

Dave

Last edited by Dave07997S; 01-03-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:12 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Izzone
Is there any drone?
There is not any drone. So far I have not found that the exhaust will resonate at certain RPM's. Now if you are asking, can you hear the exhaust while cruising, the answer is yes but its not resonating or uncomfortable to listen to. I actually love it!

Jason

Old 01-03-2009, 07:02 PM
jcrystal23 is infamous around these parts
Looks amazing. I'm also on the fence about upgrading my wheels. I like the durability of the stock rims. I have 20" 3 piece on my GS430 and have had few issues in the past. Also I would love to see some pics of your interior. Currently I have tons of carbon, but no interior paint. Thinking about the painted rear console as well as the seat backs. How's the durability of the interior paint. I do use the back seats every once in while, and am worried about chipping.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by jcrystal23
Looks amazing. I'm also on the fence about upgrading my wheels. I like the durability of the stock rims. I have 20" 3 piece on my GS430 and have had few issues in the past. Also I would love to see some pics of your interior. Currently I have tons of carbon, but no interior paint. Thinking about the painted rear console as well as the seat backs. How's the durability of the interior paint. I do use the back seats every once in while, and am worried about chipping.
Here are some interior shots from my last shoot. Gauges, gauge surround, glovebox trim, seat backs, seat belt outlet, seat belts, center console are all red!

Jason

Old 01-03-2009, 08:54 PM
jcrystal23 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the pics. Looks fantastic. Where did you have it done, or is it factory?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:00 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JEllis
Here are some interior shots from my last shoot. Gauges, gauge surround, glovebox trim, seat backs, seat belt outlet, seat belts, center console are all red!

Jason
Wow, that is a lot of red. Looks like the Ferrari edition

Old 01-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Believe it or not, the original owner had the car specced this way from the factory. However, the center console has just been repainted by GMG.... top notch work!

Jason

Old 01-04-2009, 03:57 AM
aggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the roughaggie57 is a jewel in the rough
Not bad Jason - you'd not want to get too sunburnt would you!!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:47 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
looks great...and the wheels are sharp..

Old 01-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Glutamine is infamous around these partsGlutamine is infamous around these parts
amazing wheels

Old 01-04-2009, 09:30 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
looks good

Old 01-04-2009, 10:58 AM
mnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant future
even sitting still

looks like a lot of fun - waiting to happen!

+1 on the video to hear the exhaust