997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Add satellite radio to 997.2 after delivery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:47 AM
SilverEdge is infamous around these parts
Add satellite radio to 997.2 after delivery?

Anyone know if this is a simple add-on? Can it be sirius or does it have to be XM? I know the two companies are merged but I prefer the programming package offered to the sirius radios by a slight margin. Thanks!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:54 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
I have the Nav-TV Sirius unit in my 997.1 - would recommend seeing where they are on the 997.2

Old 12-11-2010, 10:51 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Any update on this? Is there a Sirius option?

Old 12-12-2010, 02:18 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SilverEdge
Anyone know if this is a simple add-on? Can it be sirius or does it have to be XM? I know the two companies are merged but I prefer the programming package offered to the sirius radios by a slight margin. Thanks!
Hard to say what someone will consider simple, but an audio shop won't be startled at the job. The Rennlist forum had a sticky thread on this subject for a long time as people decided how to do it. I believe the best answer worked out to be getting a factory aftermarket option so the satellite radio would be integrated with your PCM. Integration means not just running the cables like the old days. It requires that the PCM software recognize the receiver and agree to display its information.

Call Suncoast Porsche in Florida or send them an e-mail. They're a forum advertiser here and they have a package you can order. They also will know the details. I was just a casually interested reader because we have factory sat radio.

If you don't have PCM at all, I don't know what your options are, but I suppose integration becomes moot and you can slap on any aftermarket package.

Gary

Old 12-12-2010, 04:27 AM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Sorry to say I looked for an answer to this for over a year. Never find anything.
Sadly, "Trade in" became my solution.
Good luck

Old 12-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Ya.......I haven't seen any updates on this. So far the best I've heard is an iPhone, the audio/iPod input kit, and an XM app.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook