997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Carerra red with meteor gray or black on C4S ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:15 PM
casaforte9 is infamous around these parts
Carerra red with meteor gray or black on C4S ?

I was wodering if anyone has a Careera Red natural leather with Meteor grey or black and how it looks?

Black on black full leather is an option but !.5k more Natural leather seems to be much more higher in quality

Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have seen it with black exterior. In fact the car had the sports bucket seats too.
It matched . It's not exactly my style but can see the appeal .

I think it's a great color for a bright sunny day drive wearing jeans and a T shirt feeling energized . The problem I have is that it's so bright and the cabin is small enoigh that there are times I would want a more relaxed understated color .

BTW --there is a "natural" leather color called "natural gray leather" . It's beautiful and would look amazing with meteor . It's dark enough that it almost looks black but has this quality to it .

This photo was from the Turbo forum and it shows the interior beautifully.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by casaforte9
I was wodering if anyone has a Careera Red natural leather with Meteor grey or black and how it looks?
You will be seeing pics of my Meteor Grey/Carrera Red late Feb/early March

In the meantime these links will help:

Lots more pictures at this link.

My current Grey 335i has the red interior and I love it and have never found it tiresome, indeed I find it "exciting" every time I open the door. And it gets a lot of compliments. The Grey/Red is one of the most stunning exterior / interior combinations you can get. One of the most polarizing as far as opinion as well

Definitely a personal choice on this one!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:07 PM
jcrystal23 is infamous around these parts
Mine is Red with Stone, which is similar to the Dark Grey Natural. I love it, especially with the red belts.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Le Chef is infamous around these parts
You can see why with anything other than a black interior you should consider the sun visors in leather and maybe even the rear view mirror.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:23 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sayboy

I'd prefer to have a two tone interior...

Black for the dashboard, steering wheel, top of the doors [ie like the black/sand option] and for the carpeting.

The rest would be OMG-IN-YOUR-FACE Screaming RED!!!!

It's funny, I thought that OMG-IN-YOUR-FACE Screaming All Over RED!!!! died with the black/white American "boats" from the past [ie Cadillac].

Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I'm beginning to like this red . I looked at Sayboy's pics and even though my style leans towards understated I got ideas . The sports bucket seats are real nice . They have carbon seat backs .

So heres my ideas.
1) Sports Bucket seats .
2) Techart Carbon sport steering wheel .
3) Aluminum pedals
4) Aluminum shifter and brake
4) Carbon center console , black center stack , carbon trim .

Meteor Exterior .
Hre P43 Brushed 19 in wheels .

Man this is all sounding good .

This would look amazing !! In fact it leaves me scratching my head with a totally new perspective .

Old 01-03-2009, 10:40 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
it is a personal choice-the red is nice, but bright. how about the terracota interior with the meteor grey-i love that combo.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:03 PM
MelsM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by docjackson1
it is a personal choice-the red is nice, but bright. how about the terracota interior with the meteor grey-i love that combo.
I drove a black 911, which had the blk/tc interior and it looked nice.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MelsM3

Black for the dashboard, steering wheel, top of the doors [ie like the black/sand option] and for the carpeting.

It's funny, I thought that OMG-IN-YOUR-FACE Screaming All Over RED!!!! died with the black/white American "boats" from the past [ie Cadillac].
Agreed, red seats with the black carpet and dash would be more to my liking. I needed to put my sunglasses on when I saw this..sensory overload.

Dave

Old 01-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I never thought I would like it either until I saw it in person. I told my wife about it and she turned up her nose but was won over at first sight.
Now I have a heavily optioned RS 60 in my garage.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:10 AM
ghsu is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by casaforte9

Black on black full leather is an option but !.5k more Natural leather seems to be much more higher in quality
I have the terracotta with black two tone full leather interior option. I think the terracotta has the vibe you're thinking of and others allude to, which the red has, but is somewhat more understated. I have the meteor metallic exterior. Just search for one of my preivous posts, it's contains "terracotta interior" in the title. Also a concern in the full red option is the glare on the winshield from the dashboard. For instance, in the sand beige (like full sand beige, not the two tone with black), I found the glare to be too severe for my taste.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
You have to see the red in person, it doesn't look nearly as bright as it does in the pics. I think it looks great and wish I had stuck with it in my order. Definitely deviating the dash/carpets and center console would be a good idea, though.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:51 PM
turbo498 is infamous around these parts
Meteor grey/Carrera Red is a great combination ! The red isnt flashy at all, the flashy one is the teracotta. I had this exact combination on my 09 TT.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
I would agree, while I appreciate the "bling" I would tire of that RED rather quickly. But Hey!... to each his own!

Originally Posted by MelsM3

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carerra red with meteor gray or black on C4S ?