997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Lowered suspension question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 PM
phil_m is infamous around these parts
997.2 Lowered suspension question

Does the 20 mm lower sport suspension come with LSD? I asked the salesperson and they said it was a separate option but when I went to build my own on the website I can't select lowered with LSD. Thanks.

Last edited by phil_m; 01-09-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:09 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Yes it comes with LSD. I have this option on my 2009 C2S. This is call Sport PASM. Your sales guy needs an education.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:13 PM
phil_m is infamous around these parts
Thanks, thats what I thought. It didn't seem to make sense to lower the car and not include the LSD.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:15 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Phil, glad to help!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:23 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
Yes it comes with LSD. I have this option on my 2009 C2S. This is call Sport PASM. Your sales guy needs an education.
No what we need is more guys like you on here Way to go. You're spot on!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 AM
pb12 is infamous around these parts

Mdrums, didn't we just have this conversation?

The salesman is not wrong. The sport suspension option can come as a stand alone option, (option code 030 which is a "free" upgrade on the C2S, or a $1990 option on the standard C2).

It IS also available in conjunction with the LSD, in option code P17 which includes the LSD and the Sport PASM. This option, is $2940 on the standard C2 or just $950 on the S.

Or, just to round it all out, the customer can order the LSD by itself, option code 220 for $950 on either the C2 or S.

Porsche's online build utility is highly flawed with many options completely missing, and many that are there, incorrectly explained. Your best bet is to download the order guide from renntech.org, or just ask your dealer to send it to you. Make sure you get the latest version, from July 22nd. The eraly version was missing several items.

Hope the helps

Michael

Old 01-10-2009, 12:52 PM
You do not understand...on the Carrera S if you order Sport PASM you will get the LSD. I do not know why you want to argue this. I sat in the sales managers office and we both had a conference call with PCNA about Sport PASM and what all comes with it when I ordered my car.

Originally Posted by pb12
Mdrums, didn't we just have this conversation?

The salesman is not wrong. The sport suspension option can come as a stand alone option, (option code 030 which is a "free" upgrade on the C2S, or a $1990 option on the standard C2).

It IS also available in conjunction with the LSD, in option code P17 which includes the LSD and the Sport PASM. This option, is $2940 on the standard C2 or just $950 on the S.

Or, just to round it all out, the customer can order the LSD by itself, option code 220 for $950 on either the C2 or S.

Porsche's online build utility is highly flawed with many options completely missing, and many that are there, incorrectly explained. Your best bet is to download the order guide from renntech.org, or just ask your dealer to send it to you. Make sure you get the latest version, from July 22nd. The eraly version was missing several items.

Hope the helps

Michael

Old 01-10-2009, 01:45 PM
996toomey is infamous around these parts
Yes in my experience from ordering Porsche many options are listed separately in the PDF order guide but in reality if you order one option it comes with another or you can't order one option if you have another such as PDK etc.

This is pretty common across many brands.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:28 PM
[quote=mdrums;2208536]You do not understand...on the Carrera S if you order Sport PASM you will get the LSD. I do not know why you want to argue this. I sat in the sales managers office and we both had a conference call with PCNA about Sport PASM and what all comes with it when I ordered my car.[/quot

I don't want to argue, but the reality is they were mistaken. You can, in fact, order them separately. When you were having that conversation, it was immediately after the car came out, and as is usually the case, people make assumptions, and don't actually get the information correct.

Michael

Old 01-10-2009, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=pb12;2208627]
You do not understand...on the Carrera S if you order Sport PASM you will get the LSD. I do not know why you want to argue this. I sat in the sales managers office and we both had a conference call with PCNA about Sport PASM and what all comes with it when I ordered my car.[/quot

I don't want to argue, but the reality is they were mistaken. You can, in fact, order them separately. When you were having that conversation, it was immediately after the car came out, and as is usually the case, people make assumptions, and don't actually get the information correct.

Michael
Yes I ordered my car before they hit the show room. So you are saying that for a Carrera or Carrera S you can get the regular PASM plus add LSD? I understand that LSD can be had as an option by itself BUT when you order Sport PASM you get LSD. I was told by PCNA head guy top dog that when you get the Sport PASM it comes with LSD and you can not get Sport PASM without getting LSD.

Maybe we are or I am confused about something then?

Old 01-10-2009, 09:16 PM
seven_227 is a splendid one to beholdseven_227 is a splendid one to beholdseven_227 is a splendid one to beholdseven_227 is a splendid one to beholdseven_227 is a splendid one to beholdseven_227 is a splendid one to beholdseven_227 is a splendid one to beholdseven_227 is a splendid one to behold
You do not understand...on the Carrera S if you order Sport PASM you will get the LSD. I do not know why you want to argue this. I sat in the sales managers office and we both had a conference call with PCNA about Sport PASM and what all comes with it when I ordered my car.

+1

You can get the LSD as a standalone option or order the whole Sport PASM package which includes the LSD, over here both cost the same.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:08 PM
[quote=mdrums;2208848]
Originally Posted by pb12

Yes I ordered my car before they hit the show room. So you are saying that for a Carrera or Carrera S you can get the regular PASM plus add LSD? I understand that LSD can be had as an option by itself BUT when you order Sport PASM you get LSD. I was told by PCNA head guy top dog that when you get the Sport PASM it comes with LSD and you can not get Sport PASM without getting LSD.

Maybe we are or I am confused about something then?
Well, I am back to say I was wrong, and I apologize. You are right, on a Standard C2 and C2s, you either order option P17, and get the LSD and SPASM together, or you you don't get either of them. My mistake was that you can in fact order them separately on the C4 or C4s...I guess it makes sense, as the LSD is standard on the C4 and C4s's.

Michael