997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fire Extinguisher

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Fire Extinguisher

What type of fire extinguisher / mount will I need for a 07 C4S with adaptive sport seats

Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
you know not sure but I think I read that you can't add a aftermarket FE only on a build order from the factory. Or was it that only factory FE were allowed for P-racing events.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Im installing a BREY KRAUSE in my 997S this weekend.

They make the bracket that attached to the seat, then you buy the FE and connect to bracket.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 AM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Will this one work with Adaptive Sport Seats?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:30 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
If a mount works with standard seats, it will work with adaptive sport seats. I have the OEM fire extinguisher and while some say "it doesn't meet PCA requirements of metal-on-metal", it actually does. The mount is metal, as is the backing plate on the cradle. I've had it tech approved by 3 chapters. I believe rennline and BK also make a 997 FE mount.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:40 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
I just installed the Brey & Krause in my 997s with manual seats.

It was not that but, it took me more time to understand the instructions.

I installed it in about 1-1.5 hours.

BUT .... I noticed that after i installed it it blocked the manual seat lever from moving up so once its in i have to leave the passenger seat in the same position while the extinguisher is in the car.

I guess this is why they say DRIVER SIDE ONLY ... as the manual lever on the driver side is on the opposite side and would not be in the way.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:54 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mobonic
I just installed the Brey & Krause in my 997s with manual seats.

It was not that but, it took me more time to understand the instructions.

I installed it in about 1-1.5 hours.

BUT .... I noticed that after i installed it it blocked the manual seat lever from moving up so once its in i have to leave the passenger seat in the same position while the extinguisher is in the car.

I guess this is why they say DRIVER SIDE ONLY ... as the manual lever on the driver side is on the opposite side and would not be in the way.
Don't know what type of FE mount you used but if you used one the billeted aluminum mounts you can reposition the FE by loosening the mounting clamps and slide the FE to a better position. They tend to cost more but they might be worth it in your case.

FYI: I used the Safe Craft FE mount myself w/ their halon FE.