997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Car seat for 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:49 AM
SilverEdge is infamous around these parts
How difficult is it to remove the seat back rests?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:20 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SilverEdge
How difficult is it to remove the seat back rests?
It'll take you 5 minutes.

Instructions (courtesy of H20N00 from Rennlist Forums):

1. Remove plastic covers on the three mounting points (right outer, center, left outer).
2. Remove the screws from the outer mounting pins using a 12 pt. torx style wrench. If you don't have one, they are loose enough to remove with gentle grip from a pair of pliers (no I didn't but thought about it until I found the right wrench).
3. Slide the outer side of the seatback up or down until the pin slides free of it's mounting channel.
4. Pull the seatback away from the center mount until it is clear of the center mounting pin.
5. Remove other seatback using same approach.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Kurt_OH is infamous around these partsKurt_OH is infamous around these parts
I have a 7 year old son. In Ohio booster seats are required until the child is 8yrs old. Any thoughts/pics of a kid this size in there?

Thanks!

Kurt

Old 01-23-2009, 02:26 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Porsche's booster will fit as well as the Britax Parkway and Monarch

Old 01-23-2009, 03:10 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Thanks for the reply with the detailed instructions. This will give a little extra legroom in the back. Awesome and thanks!

Originally Posted by lakerholic

1. Remove plastic covers on the three mounting points (right outer, center, left outer).
2. Remove the screws from the outer mounting pins using a 12 pt. torx style wrench. If you don't have one, they are loose enough to remove with gentle grip from a pair of pliers (no I didn't but thought about it until I found the right wrench).
3. Slide the outer side of the seatback up or down until the pin slides free of it's mounting channel.
4. Pull the seatback away from the center mount until it is clear of the center mounting pin.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:10 AM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice

Ok... I tried to review the center plastic cover of the mountin pin with my fingers, but it was on too tight! I don't want to break it off. Anyone know how that sucker comes off?
thanks!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:31 AM
SilverEdge is infamous around these parts

Awesome Thanks! I will give it a try today.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
I have a 7 year old son. In Ohio booster seats are required until the child is 8yrs old. Any thoughts/pics of a kid this size in there?

Thanks!

Kurt

Kurt in Ca. it's about height not age. You have to be 49" before a booster seat is no longer required. My son who is now 7 is on the smaller side and is only 46" tall. The seatbelt has to be going over the collar bone not the neck.

I have some pics of my kids back there..I'll try and find them and upload them.

Dave

Old 01-24-2009, 05:03 PM

This works. Getting the covers off was the hardest part.
Tips:
The center cover comes off by working it straight towards the PCM screen - not upwards. Squeezing it will not help at all. Just wiggle it left to right and keep pulling forward toward the front of the car.

The side covers snap on - and off. I popped one off without out problem using the rear seat belt clip, but the other cracked. Not to worry, the part number is on the plastic part and you can just order up some more.

Taking out the back seat rests and seat bottoms definitely made some more room for the child seats.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Kurt_OH is infamous around these partsKurt_OH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Kurt in Ca. it's about height not age. You have to be 49" before a booster seat is no longer required. My son who is now 7 is on the smaller side and is only 46" tall. The seatbelt has to be going over the collar bone not the neck.

I have some pics of my kids back there..I'll try and find them and upload them.

Dave
Love to see 'em. My son is a bit taller - he was 49" on his 7th birthday checkup.

In Ohio, a new law just passed that requires car seats until 4yrs old, then boosters for 4-8yrs old unless > 4'8" tall.

How does your son fit/feel back there?

Old 01-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
Love to see 'em. My son is a bit taller - he was 49" on his 7th birthday checkup.

In Ohio, a new law just passed that requires car seats until 4yrs old, then boosters for 4-8yrs old unless > 4'8" tall.

How does your son fit/feel back there?
He fits great back there actually, I also have a 4 yr. old who is 41" and we use the Graco booster as well. The only issue is if you like to sit you are in a chez lounge the seat back will be crushing his legs. My wife is smallish at only 5'3" so no issues for that and I like to sit somewhat close so no problem.

Dave

Old 03-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice

Hey Eddie, after your post I bought the Cosco Scenera seat and I am able to attach the top latch but how did you attach the bottom of the seat to make it solid and not moving from left to right?

Have you modified anything?

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:33 PM
kenyakirk is infamous around these parts
Hi All,

Bee reading through these forums/threads for a while now looking for a baby seat for my 997.1 TT Cab. Having read a lot about which seats fit and which don't I settled on the 'official' Porsche one as a lot of people said it was the best fit.

However, I must admit I was not happy when I had installed it. I put it on the rear passenger side seat and fixed it in with the seatbelt as I would have to have had the isofix anchors installed. It was installed correctly, seat belt as tight as it would go and it was very loose. By grabbing it with two hands and shaking it it was moving all over the place. Having read some of the threads people mentioned removing the back seat rest. I did this, also removed the lower back seat rest which is velcroed in and also removed the bottom of the seat. Baby seat back in and it now fits like a glove, so much more stable than with the backrest in place. Still moves if you give it a really good shake but this is the movement in the seatbelt itself because it hasn't locked into place as it would if there was sudden movement of the car.

Once I work out how to post photos I'll get some up.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:47 PM
kenyakirk is infamous around these parts
Here's a couple of photos, firstly seat back removed:

Secondly baby seat in:

And finally, nice and snug:

Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 PM
BlackBeastM3 is infamous around these parts
What brand of car seat did you use? I'm in the market for a 997 and have the same concerns.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car seat for 997.2