997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dyno Results for 09 SharkWerks 997S PDK baseline vs exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:07 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by seven_227
Great achievement guys!
Thanks seven_227, going to be sending some your way soon:P
Originally Posted by amag
Very nice Alex! Like I said before, the acceleration feels more responsive and the exhaust is not too annoying, but still sounds aggressive.

So when are we going to start Stage II?
Thanks amag and it was good to see a few extra ponies and torque:P I think for most of us the center will be enough but we'll start testing with some side mufflers (cargraphic). We'll do some ECU work shortly too. Round two? Anytime!

Originally Posted by RSSmike
Great job fellas!
Danke Mike! Get the sway bars up here too when ya' can

Old 01-21-2009, 02:20 PM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
997S.2 Exhaust By-pass Info

I am getting an 09 997.2 C4S with PSE in April.
I know we do not know the actual workings of the new PSE but could your new by-pass system work with the PSE?
Also, do you have any plans on developing a new header system that could eliminate or improve on all the bends of the OEM set-up? Could a redesigned header with the cats moved to the rear of the vehicle be used by eliminating the centeral muffler?
Thanks.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Well I'm impressed!!! Makes me want to go out and purchase a new PDKC2S.........almost!
Yeah... don't go crazy on us now!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SKYKING
I am getting an 09 997.2 C4S with PSE in April.
I know we do not know the actual workings of the new PSE but could your new by-pass system work with the PSE?
Also, do you have any plans on developing a new header system that could eliminate or improve on all the bends of the OEM set-up? Could a redesigned header with the cats moved to the rear of the vehicle be used by eliminating the centeral muffler?
Thanks.
Congrats on the car... what other options did you get? We'll need to see how the PSE shapes up first.

I know Cargraphic etc.. have headers/cats available but those and anything similar are going to cost an arm and a leg;(

Originally Posted by blakt out
Yeah... don't go crazy on us now!
LOL let's see what he thinks after test driving her in the hills

Old 01-22-2009, 12:39 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I might be missing something, and maybe it's the 4wd, but why is the new engine not really making any more power than the non-direct injection cars?

Old 01-22-2009, 12:56 PM
I might be missing something, and maybe it's the 4wd, but why is the new engine not really making any more power than the non-direct injection cars?
Hey blak out, at Stasis and in AWD mode (has to run like that) the drivetrain loss is calculated at 20% so the new car is right about where it should be Of course if it were a 6speed.... heh...

Old 01-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey blak out, at Stasis and in AWD mode (has to run like that) the drivetrain loss is calculated at 20% so the new car is right about where it should be Of course if it were a 6speed.... heh...
Riiiiiiiight.

Everyone that's driven the new engine says it's totally insane. I forgot about AWD dynos. Yeah man. That's insane! He's got to be so stoked.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Riiiiiiiight.

Everyone that's driven the new engine says it's totally insane. I forgot about AWD dynos. Yeah man. That's insane! He's got to be so stoked.
It's a nice step up for sure pal... And you bet we're happy:P

Old 01-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Very impressive #'s Alex. Looks like you have another hit on your hands.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by LaneS@MAcarbon
Very impressive #'s Alex. Looks like you have another hit on your hands.
Cheers Lane, I hope people like it

Old 01-23-2009, 11:51 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Alex - as usual your shop's commitment to Porsche is unparalled. Please let me know when you install the Cargraphic mufflers in conjuction with your exhaust. Or...I may just beat you to it.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by mass
Alex - as usual your shop's commitment to Porsche is unparalled. Please let me know when you install the Cargraphic mufflers in conjuction with your exhaust. Or...I may just beat you to it.
Will keep you updated on that and the software:P

Old 01-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
very nice, very nice

Old 01-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Itzkirb
very nice, very nice
Cheers Kirby... too bad it doesn't work on yer 996

Old 01-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster
Cheers Kirby... too bad it doesn't work on yer 996
I know bummer man

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results for 09 SharkWerks 997S PDK baseline vs exhaust