997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dyno Results for 09 SharkWerks 997S PDK baseline vs exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 03:24 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Itzkirb
I know bummer man
Well you have an SC already so it's not like you need anymore power

Old 02-03-2009, 09:20 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Another day of dyno-tests again proved the same sorts of deltas and performance gain but one interesting thing of note, remember we are testing here using 91 octane. Just as an FYI on the same car with the same hardware we are actually able to see a difference of 14hp/13tq on the baseline by switching from 91 octane to 93/494 octane levels as the ECU utilizes a higher ignition map. So for those of you on the East Coast...

Last edited by sharkster; 02-04-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:23 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Alex good info...am I understanding you correctly in that the difference between 91 and 93 octane is 14hp?

thanks! Mike

Old 02-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by mdrums
Alex good info...am I understanding you correctly in that the difference between 91 and 93 octane is 14hp?

thanks! Mike
hey mdrums correct by using different ignition maps it can vary that much. The car certainly runs better on 93 than the 91 we get out here:P

PS Congrats to your Steelers...

Old 02-03-2009, 11:55 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Thanks Alex for confirming this.

Yeah my Steelers where giving my wife and I heart attacks! This was typical Steeler football..., lots of disgust, lots of curse words, lots of throwning things in the house, lots of pacing the floor, lots of phone calls between family and friends...full 60 minute heart pounding Football!

My wife and went down to the stadium to try and score tickets at some of the tickect brokers that set up shop near the stadium. I just could not spend $5000 for terrible seats or $7000 for good seats. Even the NFL Experiance would cost $500 for my wife and I to get in.

We passed and will spend the money on other things. I guess I have money now for my track days and new track wheels which I really need badly. ha ha

Old 02-04-2009, 04:18 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Alex, you are saying bypass, 93 octane, and stock ECU software yields 26 HP / 27 TQ - that's amazing. Once Scott is done with Softronic, I wonder what that will produce.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:02 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Thanks Alex for confirming this.

Yeah my Steelers where giving my wife and I heart attacks! This was typical Steeler football..., lots of disgust, lots of curse words, lots of throwning things in the house, lots of pacing the floor, lots of phone calls between family and friends...full 60 minute heart pounding Football!

My wife and went down to the stadium to try and score tickets at some of the tickect brokers that set up shop near the stadium. I just could not spend $5000 for terrible seats or $7000 for good seats. Even the NFL Experiance would cost $500 for my wife and I to get in.

We passed and will spend the money on other things. I guess I have money now for my track days and new track wheels which I really need badly. ha ha
Should of called me. I had a bunch of tix for a grand or so. Decent seats. I had free passes to the NFL experience too.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RonCT
Wow Alex, you are saying bypass, 93 octane, and stock ECU software yields 26 HP / 27 TQ - that's amazing. Once Scott is done with Softronic, I wonder what that will produce.
I'm confused on this point too. 26hp from a partial exhaust upgrade with no additional mods and 93 octane?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:18 AM
He Ron, no just to be clear we saw a difference of up to 14hp with 91 vs 93.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:21 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
That's what I figured you meant, but you said "an additional" and then to Mike's similar question it sounded again to me like you were adding that on top of the early findings. Makes more sense to me to have a slight increase due to a minimal increase in octane Just wanted to clear that up for anyone else thinking "out of the box" like I do sometimes. Given all of that, it's interesting that HP went up 1 and torque went down 1 by using higher octane gas.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:23 AM
That's what I figured you meant, but you said "an additional" and then to Mike's similar question it sounded again to me like you were adding that on top of the early findings. Makes more sense to me to have a slight increase due to a minimal increase in octane Just wanted to clear that up for anyone else thinking "out of the box" like I do sometimes. Given all of that, it's interesting that HP went up 1 and torque went down 1 by using higher octane gas.
Got ya Yeah let me fix that heh... I just wanted folks to know that there's certainly some benefit to running 93 vs 91 on these cars still

Old 02-04-2009, 07:41 AM
So you got 14hp with your crossover pipe and you see a 14hp gain with using 93 octane.

I know these gains are cumulative so how much gain did you see with the crossover pipes and 93 octane?

I believe that is what RonCT and Deputy are asking...and of course me too.

Tell me something positive because now Deputy come out and tells me he had Steelers tix for cheap....dang my day is totally ruined...I almost threw my laptop across my hotel room!!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 AM
So you got 14hp with your crossover pipe and you see a 14hp gain with using 93 octane.

I know these gains are cumulative so how much gain did you see with the crossover pipes and 93 octane?

I believe that is what RonCT and Deputy are asking...and of course me too.

Tell me something positive because now Deputy come out and tells me he had Steelers tix for cheap....dang my day is totally ruined...I almost threw my laptop across my hotel room!!!!
We were getting more baselines on a stock car (we did about 30-ish runs yesterday) and wanted to test the differences between 91 and 93 so you do see up to a 14hp gain that way with 91vs93.

Haha too funny on the tickets- DeputryDog is CONNECTED

Old 02-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Just so we all have it straight. The original dyno chart with 91 octane showed 12 hp / 14 tq. Additional dyno runs with 93 octane showed 14 hp / 13 tq. I'm sure there can be differences day by day and so running 93 should give you a slight advantage.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Just so we all have it straight. The original dyno chart with 91 octane showed 12 hp / 14 tq. Additional dyno runs with 93 octane showed 14 hp / 13 tq. I'm sure there can be differences day by day and so running 93 should give you a slight advantage.
Hey Ron, 1st dyno was done with and without our exhaust and on 91. The stuff I was talking about yesterday was completely separate in that we were getting more data and baselines (on a different day so don't compare the numbers) and just testing 91 vs 93 on a stock car is all The gains are mutually exclusive. The exhaust adds power but so does adding higher octane gas- it's good to know that it's still the case and that the East Coast will still always be faster than the West Coast

Last edited by sharkster; 02-04-2009 at 11:01 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results for 09 SharkWerks 997S PDK baseline vs exhaust