997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Extended Warrenty Coverage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:46 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
No one has yet mentioned the particular Dealership's "attitude and policy". I know for a fact that some long established dealerships would just as soon not 'find' a warrantiable problem close to the end of a warranty period because Porsche pays them only 60-65% of the going rate under warranty reimbursement,: hence they would rather fix it after the car is out of warranty. Likewise, at least several of the extended warranty companies have set $$ amounts for almost all repairs; if these are way below your dealer's shop rate he may not be too excited about doing the repair or it may be assigned it to a new, less experienced, tech. Your satisfaction with your current service arrangement and your anticipation of remaining in the same locale should play a part in your decision. Lastly, take a trip to the library and get Consumer Reports's thoughts on extended automobile warranties before you drop several grand.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:50 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
CAUTION!

Just got off the phone with US Fidelis re my 06 911S, 16,500 miles. Reminded me of talking with one of those door to door vacuum cleaner salesmen 20 years ago. Price for their "PLATINUM" package - 6 years, up to 75,000 miles on odometer, $100 deductible per use - was $3750 up front or 1/3 down and finance the balance for one year.

BUT: they couldn't/wouldn't give me info on their company's financial situation; decision had to be made right now - can't call back in a day or week, etc.; and most important ANY mods, even if already done, void the policy without a refund.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:36 AM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
Redarding EasyCare TotalCare:

I have an 06 997S with 12k miles. I was quoted $3355 for 72 month/75k miles with $100 deductible. Apparently this covers wear and tear items, maintainence expenses, as well as repairs. Is this accurate? Also, my car is highly modded with an EVOMS supercharger, FabSpeed exhaust, Bilstein PSS10s, Dymag wheels, etc. They told me that they would not cover the non-Porsche mods but would cover the rest of the car. Experience with this anyone?

Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 AM
MTRX is infamous around these parts
As far as I heard dealer certified program is the best out there..

Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 PM
To Hidesert:
Not to beat a dead horse, but the two people I talked to specifically said the program did NOT cover 'wear and tear' items and that the mods would void the policy. Others that I've talked to warn that 'everything but the mods' often means "or 'caused' by the mods'. If you have say a tranny problem can they decline coverege because it may have been caused by the power increase from your blower? I don't know how we can get a straight answer to this.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:42 PM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
I know that if/when something goes wrong the modifications will always be invoked as the cause and I will wind up in a dispute with the warranty company. I just wonder if anyone here has had specific experience with EasyCare. BTW, they maintain that they do indeed cover wear and tear items, oil changes, everything bumper to bumper related to maintainence and repair.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:19 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
No extended warrant package with Easycare covers wear and tear or scheduled maintenance. Check their contracts, they CLEARLY state they do not cover brake pads, brake rotors, tires, clutches, batteries and other wear and tear items. Read the contract carefully. The sleezy sales people on the phone will tell you anything to sign up.

On another note, the price they gave you is very very good for the 75K package. Not trying to be a smart *** but is the same person who told you they cover wear and tear items and oil changes??

Old 01-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Has anyone ever heard of or have any experience with JM&A Fidelity Warranty Co? They are supposed to be another alternative to Easycare and are supposed to be good. Most dealers near here sell them.

Jon

Old 01-28-2009, 11:19 PM
paigow is infamous around these parts
yeah, the $3100 for 6yrs/75K/$100 deductable is $600 cheaper than my dealer and $150 less deductable.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Old 01-29-2009, 05:02 PM
zschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud of
I called two dealers here in Chicago. Both use Easycare and swear by them. Both were coming in at 36/60K $2100.00 & 48/60K $2280. $100 deductible. I have a 06 C2S.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by tejoe

Well here is the same negative for EasyCare:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchre...mit2=Search%21

Looks like the people making these negative reports are not going to authorized mechanics or don't read their contracts......something doesn't sound right with some of these complaints.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jabed92694
Well here is the same negative for EasyCare:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchre...mit2=Search%21

Looks like the people making these negative reports are not going to authorized mechanics or don't read their contracts......something doesn't sound right with some of these complaints.
We certainly never have the full story to evaluate to see what is righ or not. However, for the warranty to have any value to me, it better pay to repair failures of non-wear-and-tear components without evidence that the failure was caused by abuse. The complaints over not replacing internal engine parts without full maintenance records has me concerned. It does sound like at least EasyCare treats some clients as 'guilty until they can prove they are innocent' on some types of repairs. Thats greif I don't want to deal with.