997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Extended Warrenty Coverage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 04:06 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Extended Warrenty Coverage

I have a 06 997S with just the factory warrenty and was curious if I could get an extended warrenty on the car while it has modifications. It has a full GMG exhaust system currently. Anyone have any experience here?

Jason

Old 01-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Yes you can. I did so (my list of mods is in my signature), no problem. I went with EasyCare, which my dealership in ATL sells. Been happy with them.
CATTMAN

Old 01-21-2009, 04:37 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
Yes you can. I did so (my list of mods is in my signature), no problem. I went with EasyCare, which my dealership in ATL sells. Been happy with them.
CATTMAN
Good to know! I will have to see what options my dealer has next time I go in...

Thanks!

Jason

Old 01-21-2009, 06:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JEllis
Good to know! I will have to see what options my dealer has next time I go in...

Thanks!

Jason
Maybe your dealership would consider CPO on the car . You'd have to basically trade it in and buy it back but my guess is that the cost would be in the near ball park of an extended .

Old 01-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Maybe your dealership would consider CPO on the car . You'd have to basically trade it in and buy it back but my guess is that the cost would be in the near ball park of an extended .
My understanding is that the car has to basically be stock to CPO. Not sure how the dealer would feel about aftermarket headers, cats, and mufflers...not to mention a Euro GT3 bumper on a 997S.... But I will talk to them about it and see what they say.

Jason

Old 01-21-2009, 07:02 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I don't know enough to say Jason but I did read in the "for sale" section that a person was selling a modded car with mods and has the mods written onto the documentation of the CPO.

CPO is a relatively new program . In the past one either faced extended warranty or going the route of finding a skilled private shop.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't know enough to say Jason but I did read in the "for sale" section that a person was selling a modded car with mods and has the mods written onto the documentation of the CPO.

CPO is a relatively new program . In the past one either faced extended warranty or going the route of finding a skilled private shop.
I have also seen modded CPO cars for sale but then its possible the owner modded the car after it was CPO'ed. I am gonna to talk to my dealer and see what they say. I post up if I find out anything interesting.

Jason

Old 01-22-2009, 07:38 AM
GLTRASK1 is infamous around these parts
definitely go with EasyCare. as an F&I director I have dealt with them for years and they PAY their claims. most warranty companies are not worth the paper on which they're printed. EasyCare isn't cheap but you won't have to worry about them ducking out on you. if you'll let me know what your mileage is I can give you tell you what it would likely cost a dealer in your area-realize that the dealer needs to make a slight profit on it so if you go in to buy one keep that in mind.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by GLTRASK1
definitely go with EasyCare. as an F&I director I have dealt with them for years and they PAY their claims. most warranty companies are not worth the paper on which they're printed. EasyCare isn't cheap but you won't have to worry about them ducking out on you. if you'll let me know what your mileage is I can give you tell you what it would likely cost a dealer in your area-realize that the dealer needs to make a slight profit on it so if you go in to buy one keep that in mind.
I have just under 10K right now...

Jason

Old 01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
I was looking up EasyCare some weeks ago... not the clearest of things. Like trying to figure out the difference between the two top-level service plans. I asked them for a local seller along with my car info and the pointed me to 3 that would also service the car: a toyota, ford and I think a hundai dealer. I askd them, "Are you serious?!" No reply since.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
GLTRASK1 is infamous around these parts
jellis, with your mileage you are eligible for up to 10 years form date of warranty purchase and up to 100k miles. with a $500 deductible the costs are as follows: 5/60-$958, 6/75-$1399, 7/75-$1996, 10/100-$3455. these are my costs from my general agent-but each general agent is free to market at a different pricing structure however I would'nt expect a great deal of difference. this policy is the TotalCare policy which is the absolute best coverage to have. I won't even sell the other levels offered because the items covered are less comprehensive and there is usually very little difference in cost. I don't feel right selling the lesser levels knowing that I wouldn't buy them myself. If my car wasn't a CPO I would buy this policy for my car without any hesitation. you are of course free to try and buy at whatever you feel is fair but I would recommend that you offer to pay $300 to $500 profit if they'll show you their cost. personally I make more than that on a warranty but it's probably not often that a Porsche dealer sells one since most of their sales are leases, so they should be more agreeable to that. hope this helps-any questions let me know. btw- there are cheaper deductibles but the prices escalates. go to EasyCare.com to view the coverage and they should be able to link you to a local dealer.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Another vote for EasyCare. I had an EasyCare policy on my 996TT I sold last summer and they were fantastic. Paid every claim, no questions asked.

Adam

Old 01-22-2009, 09:46 PM
paigow is infamous around these parts
I have 18k miles and my warranty runs out in September. I called my local dealer and they use EasyCare as well. They quoted me for a 3yr/60K warranty of $3100 w/$250 deductable and $2996 w/$500 deductable. For a 5yr/75K warranty, it was $3700 w/$250 and $3400 w/$500. If I decided to get it, I'll take the $250 deductable policy. They also told me the warranty is transferrable and refundable on a pro rated basis.

How does the price compare to what you guys are seeing out there?

Thanks.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:06 PM
jcrystal23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by paigow
I have 18k miles and my warranty runs out in September. I called my local dealer and they use EasyCare as well. They quoted me for a 3yr/60K warranty of $3100 w/$250 deductable and $2996 w/$500 deductable. For a 5yr/75K warranty, it was $3700 w/$250 and $3400 w/$500. If I decided to get it, I'll take the $250 deductable policy. They also told me the warranty is transferrable and refundable on a pro rated basis.

How does the price compare to what you guys are seeing out there?

Thanks.
I went with Warranty Direct. Prices are much closer to 2K with lower deductibles. You can get instant quotes online. Good company owned by Bank of America, so you don't have to worry about them going out business. Plus they spread the cost over 12 months no interest. I haven't used it yet, as my car is still under factory warranty but the local dealer says they easy to use and they bill them directly minus the deductible.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:38 AM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
I have done alot of research here in the OC on this topic as I have a 2005 997 with 23,500K miles and want to purchase an extended warranty very soon. I called 4 dealers here and 3 out of 4 offer JM & A extended warranties which is a Fidelity Warranty and have never heard of Easy Care. They swear by it and say they have never had a problem with coverage even though many online websites report negative things about them. The dealers tell me they are the largest warranty company and they are basically the Audi factory warranty provider. One dealer out of 4 told me they offer the Easy Care. The Easy Care is much more and not sure if it's any better. Funny how all dealers have a different story.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extended Warrenty Coverage