997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SharkWerks & Blakt-out Featured on Cover of Excellence Magazine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 04:59 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gts-r
from the website, it looks like there is an article on a 993 gt2 conversion as well. I've always wanted one of those.
ditto.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
Thanks bro. I'm so happy.

Pete really thinks I'm a hillbilly, doesn't he?!?!
What's worse... some dumb-**** limey or hillbilly?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Much deserved and earned my friend. I am very happy for your success!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:30 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Must be a huge thrill to have your car on the cover of a world wide magazine. Blakt how did you pull this off? AWESOME! What is the latest on the engine in this car that went south?

Last edited by mdrums; 01-27-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:37 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
It now has a brand spankin new engine. It'll be back on the street very soon, but it will be NA and fully tuned that way. I'm also upgrading the brakes further from where I had them before.

I saw what you wrote the first time. No worries, man!
The engine went a month or two later, and it was an issue with a prototype part that I was testing that did it. All is good.

However, it had NOTHING to do with the blower. I just can't race the car with the SC on it, so I took it off and sold it. Don't want anyone jumping to the wrong conclusions. (and I have no affiliation with VF or reason to defend them when it's not due.)

I'm still a HUGE VF promoter and fan.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:21 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Jared...Just awesome!

Jason

Old 01-27-2009, 08:23 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
It now has a brand spankin new engine. It'll be back on the street very soon, but it will be NA and fully tuned that way. I'm also upgrading the brakes further from where I had them before.
For a track car I agree.. less weight too:P BTW, take out that stereo too Just wondering if you're doing the brakes have you seen JWGT2's GTR brake system? I don't know if he still has it for sale but damn those are some of the most insane brakes ever... and I do mean ever.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
For a track car I agree.. less weight too:P BTW, take out that stereo too Just wondering if you're doing the brakes have you seen JWGT2's GTR brake system? I don't know if he still has it for sale but damn those are some of the most insane brakes ever... and I do mean ever.
No, I haven't seen his brakes. I am supposed to go with stock rotor sizes and calipers. So, Synergy goes through them and builds their own brake system INSIDE the stock calipers. It's pretty wild, but it's legal! New seals. New everything. So, I'm doing that. They use the high end Performance Friction stuff too.

Yeah, the stereo and all is coming out. I can't go below 3200lbs with my own weight if I go in I class, or a bit less if I run GTB though. I'll be right on that weight.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:41 PM
No, I haven't seen his brakes. I am supposed to go with stock rotor sizes and calipers. So, Synergy goes through them and builds their own brake system INSIDE the stock calipers. It's pretty wild, but it's legal! New seals. New everything. So, I'm doing that. They use the high end Performance Friction stuff too.

Yeah, the stereo and all is coming out. I can't go below 3200lbs with my own weight if I go in I class, or a bit less if I run GTB though. I'll be right on that weight.
Ahhh ok I get it. I'd love to see what the set up turns out like The GTR one wouldn't be legal then. 15 inch, 8-pot etc... Your head goes through the windshield and it's taken from the ALMS cars.

You have to have Navigation for the track tho. 3200 shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm guessing the Synergy guys are going to be putting in some weight with a full cage. At least you're not a 250 pound fella!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah. To tell the truth, I'm not 100% committed to anything right now. I've really been having to watch the cash flow because one of my key men just quit on me last week. It's been pretty earth-shaking in my world, to tell the truth.

Even thought about selling this car, since it'll have a new engine and all. I don't think anyone could ask for a more sorted out car. I just don't want to have to.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah. To tell the truth, I'm not 100% committed to anything right now. I've really been having to watch the cash flow because one of my key men just quit on me last week. It's been pretty earth-shaking in my world, to tell the truth.

Even thought about selling this car, since it'll have a new engine and all. I don't think anyone could ask for a more sorted out car. I just don't want to have to.
I totally hear you on that. Things are so very strange these days with the economy;( Hang in there man... hang in there.

I hope you don't have to sell either but should you have to someone is going to get one helluva car.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 PM
djmiroku is infamous around these parts
Really fun article to read. Excellence is a top notch mag. I felt a bit of vicarious enjoyment of all three cars reviewed. Blakt Out, your car sounds like a real beast, must be fun.

I am interested, for the Sharkwerks guys who are posting, why not include a quaife LSD in your Cayman 350 kit? I think I understand what Excellence is on about the 987 inside rear wheel spin as I have felt this on my Boxster S during umm, "spirited" driving on the road.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by djmiroku
Really fun article to read. Excellence is a top notch mag. I felt a bit of vicarious enjoyment of all three cars reviewed. Blakt Out, your car sounds like a real beast, must be fun.

I am interested, for the Sharkwerks guys who are posting, why not include a quaife LSD in your Cayman 350 kit? I think I understand what Excellence is on about the 987 inside rear wheel spin as I have felt this on my Boxster S during umm, "spirited" driving on the road.
Glad you enjoyed it and I was talking to Todd@EVO and Greg@RSS about the very same thing on the way home tonight. In stock form, we just didn't "feel" the need (nor had we tried it on those roads yet). Once we added the LWF and the power stuff the picture became a bit more clear on those roads. I think that the LSD is also something so many people shy away from when doing a "few" bolt-ons. In hind-sight we could have used Motons etc... but I'm sort of glad we just kept the mods to a minimum and it was more fairly representative of Caymans/Boxsters we've done time and time again.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:01 PM
After driving all of these cars, A LOT, I agree with Alex.

However, for all those reading who have this car, I would definitely suggest doing the LSD when I was in to do the LWFW before doing Motons and such on that car.

If I had to choose because of budget, I'd do the Bilsteins that you guys did to this one, do your magic on the suspension setup, and do an LSD instead of doing Motons and leaving the diff stock. I feel this very strongly. Now, this only is applicable IF you actually really plan to drive your car's ***** off, whether on the road or track. In this test, we DID drive the ***** off these cars.

Anyway, my idea here will even save some money, if I'm getting my numbers correct.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
I totally hear you on that. Things are so very strange these days with the economy;( Hang in there man... hang in there.

I hope you don't have to sell either but should you have to someone is going to get one helluva car.
Yeah. We'll see. I already have some PMs on it though. Wild.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks & Blakt-out Featured on Cover of Excellence Magazine